Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Review: CoverGirl Shine Blast Lipglosses in Fire, Beam and Ignite

A little while back, I reviewed the CoverGirl Shine Blast Lipgloss shade Radiate, and today I've got three of the more orange-based shades to show you!

CoverGirl Shine Blast Liplgosses
Left to right:  Ignite, Beam and Fire 
(retail: around $7 each)

Top to bottom: Fire, Beam and Ignite

Fire is a bright orange with golden-orange sparkle, Beam is a peachy nude with gold sparkle, and Ignite is a vivid melon with violet blue, pink and gold sparkles. As with Radiate, which I reviewed earlier, all three of these shades are sheer and, on my pigmented lips, deliver just a tiny hint of color. However, they do deliver a pretty, subtle sparkle.

(Definitely enlarge this collage to really see these shades close up.)

As I said in my review for Radiate, I think these Shine Blast glosses are ideal for layering over lipstains (CoverGirl lipstains or any lipstains, actually). Since they're not big on shine or shimmer, I think they work quite well with lipstains. Well, for me at least, because whenever I wear a lipstain, I'm going for a more stained look, not a high-shine and super shimmery look. And the fact that these glosses aren't thick, goopy or super sticky makes them even more perfect to layer over lipstains because, in my experience, the thicker or heavier the gloss, the quicker it destroys the long-wear capabilities of the lipstain. CoverGirl Shine Blast glosses tend to provide a nice, medium-shine finish to my lips when I'm wearing a lipstain, but they don't interfere with the actual "stain".

And because they're not highly pigmented, these glosses don't interfere with the color of my lipstains, which I love. They just add a teeny tit bit of sparkle and shine to stained lips.

I know that some of you have expressed that you think the retail price on these is a bit steep, so if you'd like to try one, wait for a CoverGirl sale at the drugstores and look out for coupons.

Oh, and I just have to reiterate that the doe-foot applicator on these glosses never ceases to amaze me. I swear it's the best doe-foot applicator that has ever graced my lips. I'm totally obsessed with this thing!

Do you own any Shine Blast glosses? What do you think of them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have 2 of these in pinkish shades (830 & 840 ). I agree with you ...I prefer a brush applicator but this def has 1 of the best doe foot applicators out there. These don't have enough color 4 me...but if u like just a lil sparkle & shine,they're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use these to layer over the Covergirl lipstains, like you do. I have Ignite and Radiate...they're nice glosses and don't feel gloopy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a gloss named "ShineBlast" should be glossy, so I probably won't be getting this. The texture sounds like the Maybelline ShineSensational though, nonsticky, moisturizing, smells nice, sheer. What's up with glosses with shine in the name not being shiny? Lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig