Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New website for discontinued and hard-to-find drugstore makeup

So I was perusing my Google Reader this morning when I came across this blog post from NNP, which is a blog written by a very sweet reader of mine who goes by the name Ngocupham.

I have not ordered from Valentine Kisses, so I cannot fully endorse it, but after looking through their online store, I have to say that this might be a goldmine for certain hard-to-find and discontinued drugstore beauty products, and the prices are LOW. I also like that their shipping policy (including rates) is very clearly laid out (it always makes me nervous when you can't find shipping information on a website). If you've ordered from Valentine Kisses, I would love it if you'd leave a comment on this post and let us know about your experience.

Some interesting things that I found while browsing:








Looking at these products, it's clear that some of them were once on clearance at drugstores (the Rite Aid price tag is visible in many product images), so it's much like the name brand beauty products you sometimes find at dollar stores. I have to say though, that browsing around was like the equivalent of shopping the annual CVS beauty clearance sale, only online! I saw a lot of old favorites, but also products I haven't seen in a good, long while, such as those Rimmel Play Fast polishes, which I LOVED back in the day. And the prices are pretty incredible, don't you think?

I hope this helps some of you who may be sad about a discontinued product or shade that you thought was gone forever. You might just be able to find it at Valentine Kisses, and you won't have to break the bank to get it!

Thanks again to Ngocupham for blogging about this little (potential) goldmine!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Hey Hunny! Do you remember the old WnW lip thingys that were in a white case & they were like a powder? They were very long-lasting. My mom loved them. Ring a bell? She'd cry if I found her some. <3,Ter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out those prices on Lumene! That's incredible! I used to love their stuff. Now what I find in the drugstores is so overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Thanks for letting us know =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG,

    I was looking forward to reading new blog post from you today and I see the word NNP, OMG, you make me feel so happy and you make my day!!!!

    It is such an honor for you to mention my blog on yours. I never thought of that I get to be mentioned on your well known blog.

    Thank you very much.

    Love.

    BTW, I love your new Drugstore Sale of the week thing....Such an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ngocupham, I love your blog since everything you review is inexpensive! That's my favorite kind of product. lol

    I was so hoping to see some Max Factor. If I find it anywhere it's way overpriced now. Bummer! There is a lot of sweet deals there though, I'll have to go do a little more browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried the site this morning, getting some errors (not sure their code is working properly on the site)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like A Beautiful Secret. I was able to get some Colorama polishes from there.

    Donna, I don't know about where you live, but in Massachusetts, I've seen Max Factor lip gloss and eye shadow over at Ocean State Job Lots, a New England area close out store. Maybe it will appear in more of those types of stores in the future. I've also seen Max Factor on eBay.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig