Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Nail art using Wet n Wild Midnight & LA Colors Art Deco Black

I envy people who can do such beautiful, creative things to their nails using nail art pens, decals, etc. But I'm afraid that the extent of my abilities include basic polka dots and lines. One of my favorite looks I ever created was this polka dot design I did a while back, but look out, people, because now I'm venturing into the world of zebra stripes!

A little while ago I showed you some swatches of the limited edition Wet n Wild shade, Midnight. After I wore this shade on my nails for a couple of days, I felt like I needed to jazz it up a bit. So I dug around my crate of nail art goodies and found one of the LA Colors Art Deco polishes I purchase a while back at Dollar Tree, and this is what happened:

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in Midnight (retail: $0.99)
LA Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer in Black (retail: $1 at Dollar Tree)



As you can see, these stripes aren't perfect. Some are thicker than others, and I'm still trying to master the art of controlling how much polish is on that tiny, thin brush. I'm actually not sure if I prefer the thicker or thinner lines yet, but I do love the look of black stripes against the purple polish. This is definitely not an everyday look, but for a day or two on the weekend, I think it's kind of fun!

Are you a master of nail art? What are some of your favorite designs? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Not even close to being a master of nail art. I'm still working on sidewalk art. :)

    These are cute! Purple sparklies and black together=WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not a master but I'm working on it :) I like doing lines, like yours, and also a design that kind of look like /\ on each nail, in sets of three, if that makes any sense. My nails have been sadly neglected since class started this fall, though, so I'm sort of out of practice. I'm still working on it though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =D It's cute! ^_^ Definitely gonna have to try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wet n Wlid nail polish looks gorgeous!I've heard so many ravings about them!plus the art fabulous!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this one of the Holiday polishes? so beautiful, i have yet to find these in my area :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! I have four L.A. Colors stripers, and I always have trouble making the lines the same size...so you're not the only one. :) I think if the brush was a bit shorter it would be easier to control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combination of the black stripes with purple! :)

    i love doing my own nail art as well, although i can't really say that they are all good. i keep having the same problem of the designs having different sizes. haha.

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig