Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 10, 2010

When will it chip??

If you saw this post, then you know that Rimmel Burgundy Flirt is my new favorite red nail polish. When I took the pictures I showed you in that post, I was on day three of my manicure.

Well, now I'm on day SIX of the same manicure, and guess what? No chips! I do have some tip wear (which you will see in the following pic) but other than that, this polish is not budging. At all. No peeling, lifting or chipping. Color me impressed!


As you can see, my pinky has sustained the worst tip-wear due to typing (I am HARD on that "enter" key!) and the shine of my Seche Vite isn't what it used to be. But I have also done lots and lots of dishes, taken seven showers and done the usual type of day-to-day activities that make most of my polishes start to chip on day three....or day four if I'm lucky.

So now it's come to the point where I'm really waiting for it chip. I mean, how long it can go? I'll keep you posted and, if you follow me on Twitter, I'll probably tweet "It finally chipped" when the moment occurs. :)
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. That is awesome! I only have 1 Rimmel nail polish, and it lasts quite a long time! I only the actual nail polish (too lazy for base coat & top coat etc etc) and even then it lasts 5 days with very minor nail wear. =O

    Glad you're enjoying this polish though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh thats awesome! I'll have to check out the other colours in that range! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty amazing, have to say I've been impressed with Rimmel in the past. I did a bit of an experiment in painting my nails various colours recently, OPI came off first, I only got about 2 days of nail wear with them (and they are the most expensive). Rimmel was second, with 3-4 days, but Barry M came out tops with about 5 days chip free. This was without top coat though, maybe I should invest in some seche vite? I personally love Barry M top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you'll 'crack' before it chips. lol! Crack is in 'man, I want a new color on!'
    Luckily, this is a very gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized, I have never bought a Rimmel nail polish. (I probably will now, though) Maybe my nail polish addiction isn't as bad as I originally thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! I painted my nails with one of those Rimmel polishes (Steel Grey) and Seche Vite last night! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love polishes like that, I'll take tip fadage over chips any day. I have one polish that seriously lasts like 6 days and it's of course a shade I don't fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWEET!! Go Rimmel - my polish is chipping... but after 5 days. I use Sally Hansen's double duty thingy... can't remember the name... but it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color is beautiful! Perfect for fall/winter. I have never tried any of the polishes from Rimmel, but I will check them out next time I am at my local drugstore.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig