Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My new favorite red polish: Rimmel Burgundy Flirt

In last month's All You Magazine (no longer on newsstands) there was a BOGOFREE Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro nail polish coupon. So of course I had to pick up two colors at CVS (who can resist a good BOGO coupon??) and I am utterly, hopelessly, head-over-heels in love with this one:

Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Burgundy Flirt (retail: $3.99 at CVS)

This isn't a new shade--it's part of Rimmel's core collection and should be easily available to everyone. So why do I love it so much? Well, let's set aside the fact that it was impossible to photograph (I had to adjust the color in these photos and give my skin a slight green tinge in order to really capture the beauty of this red accurately). But that's the ONLY thing I didn't enjoy about this color.

As my pal Nicole over at Magic Maid said, this isn't a true jelly, but it's got a "squishy" texture to it. It doesn't feel squishy, it just looks squishy. Kind of like a thin layer of very red Jello. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I used two coats in the above swatches (but could have used three--it's a tiny bit sheer at two) and I topped it with a coat of Seche Vite. And guess what? I took these pics THREE DAYS into my manicure! I'm currently on day four and it still looks just as shiny and flawless as it did on day one. I ran out of my beloved Orly Bonder base coat, so I applied Burgundy Flirt directly to my bare nails (which means I'm really in for it when I remove this polish--hello red fingers!--but I love it so much I don't mind.)

Every gal needs a good deep, dark, sexy red polish in their collection. If you don't have one, I highly suggest picking this one up ASAP. I cannot think of one single skintone that doesn't look stunning wearing a deep sexy red (on fingers and toes). It's like the universal color for "sexy"!

Oh, and I would also like to add that I freaking LOVE the brush on these Rimmel polishes. As you all know, I'm not generally a fan of the flat, wide brushes (I'm more of old-school brush kind of gal). BUT, this brush is curved at the tip in such a way that I literally almost get one-stroke-application with these polishes, and it's SUPER easy to acheive a clean line if you prefer to stop short of your cuticles when you paint your nails. (like I did in these pics). Love love love this brush!

So, do you own any Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro polishes? What shades do you love?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I've had this polish for a while, and I absolutely love the color! I totally agree that it would flatter any skintone. And it looks good all year round. I'm actually not a huge fan of Rimmel's formula. I get a lot of wear and chips by the next day with any Rimmel polish, but this color's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the formula of these. i don't have this color, but i have marine blue on my nails currently- i think i'm on the 5th day of wear and just have the slightest tip wear, and that's with no top coat. i'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cait: Wow, I am so sorry to hear this formula isn't working well for you. I had the exact opposite experience! May I ask what base and top coats you're using?

    Steph: Oooh, that's a gorgeous blue! I'm glad to hear you are having the same long-wear experience with this formula! It's amazing every time I look down at my nails and still...no chips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use Orly Bonder and either Seche Vite, Poshe, or Orly Top2Bottom. IDK, maybe Rimmel just doesn't like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cait: Wow, that should totally do the trick! I'm so sorry. :( And yeah, I have a few polish formulas that totally don't work for me too, despite the fact that they seem to work very well for others. One of them I can think of off the top of my head is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. For some weird reason, no matter what I do, it chips and peels in less than 24 hours after application! I've tried *everything* and I just can't make that formula work for me (even though I know that it wears like iron for other people). So I feel your pain. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your fingers will be red haha but I LOVE this color, it's so perfect! I too think it would suit anyone. The brush is nice, I'm with you on that and I have great luck with Rimmel formula! ♥ It's definitely got a squishy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the classic vampy red nail polish which, by the way, goes so well with the classic little black dress.

    I hope my coupons don't expire from my All You! I got a NYC item with a coupon that expired today! They don't give long expiration dates on the AY coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful vampy red!! I love reds, so I'll try to find this online! :D Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always look at these but never pick one up. Ive tried the Rimmel Underground polish but not this kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just recently discovered your blog and I love the fact that you feature mostly drugstore finds. Unfortunately, since I moved out of the US and only get to visit 1x or 2x a year, I don't get to buy stuff from the drugstore anymore, especially limited collections :(

    I must say that I've been seeing these Rimmels featured on a lot of polish blogs but never came THIS close to caving after seeing your swatch. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Burgundy Flirt also as well as Steel Gray which is kind of like Sephora OPI Metro Chic. I like them both, would buy more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked this up at Target based purely on your fantastic review, and I LOVE it. It's a beautiful color, and Mom said "your nails look like jelly beans!" when she saw it. Thank you for reviewing this - it's my new favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig