Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday Thoughts...


Alright, I realize it's no longer Thursday, but this week has flown by so quickly that I'm only now getting a chance to reflect upon the answers to this week's Wednesday Question:

What is your current beauty obsession?

When I asked this question, I made sure to specify that I was referring to a type of product, not a particular lipstick, foundation, etc. I figured that since I tend to obsess about one thing for a particular amount of time (I'll go a few months looking at just eyeshadows when I go to the drugstore, and then switch to nail polish, etc.) that I might not be alone in my ever-changing obsessions. And BOY WAS I RIGHT! It turns out that I'm far from alone, as I think I had a record number of responses to this question (39).

Probably not surprising to some of you, nail polish was far and way the winner for "obsession-of-the-moment". It's just such a darn easy thing to obsess over, it's it? Polishes are inexpensive (well, drugstore brands at least), they're everywhere (dollar store, drugstore, Target, Walmart, grocery store, clothing store, etc.) and you can change your nail polish as easily as you can change your clothes. Plus, there are so many interesting colors and textures on the market right now--you can amass hundreds of nail polishes and not have a single dupe in the bunch, it seems. Geeze, I think i just talked myself into another polish obsession just by writing that last sentence!

Closely following nail polish? Lip products. Another easily-available and inexpensive little obsession, right? Who doesn't love the look of a fresh tube of lipstick or a never-used stick of lip balm?

After nail polish and lip products, the obsessions started to branch out into things like blush, eyeliner, mascara, foundation, and bronzer. I even saw a few shout-outs to soap, which has indeed been a past obsession of mine. I love homemade bar soaps from etailers, Etsy, ebay, etc. And I also can empathize with those of you currently on a body wash obsession. It's easy to defend a fascination with body wash, because it's just so much fun to fill your shower with options, right?

All in all, I really want to thank each and every one of you for participating in this week's question. It gives me comfort to know that I'm not alone in my ever-changing obsessions, and that you're right there with me on this crazy journey!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Speaking of soap..Bath & Body Works Halloween soaps are coming out yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff: Yep. I sniffed the Halloween anti-bacs the other day when I was there and they're so fun. My fave is Candy Corn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might not surprise you: Eye shadow :D I'm also obsessed in lipglosses and nailpolishes. I love eyshadows but lipglosses and nailpolishes are still so/too "easy" to buy.

    Now I try not to buy much :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig