Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 6, 2010

Lots of Sinful Colors news!

If you're a Sinful Colors fan, I've got LOTS to share with you so let's get right into it:

1) HUGE thanks to all of you lovely readers for alerting me to the fact that the new Sinful Colors displays I recently posted about may actually be repromotes.  After discussing this with the lovely Nicole at Magic Maid, I've come to find out that the colors in these new displays are identical to existing colors from the Sinful Colors core collection (just with different names).  I'm pretty bummed that I went on and on about Love Bite being this new, beautiful shade (heck, I even made a video about it) only to have Nicole inform that it's actually the same color as What's Your Name, which is already part of the core collection.  Nicole did a thorough job of breaking it all down, shade by shade, so be sure to check out her post here, for more information. The moral of this story? Be sure to look closely at these "new" Sinful Colors displays before you make a purchase, because you may very well already own the shade!

2) Even though I'm bummed that these "new" displays don't contain anything new, and Love Bite left me with a little bit of egg on my face, I just can't deny my love for Sinful Colors. For the money, they consistently produce affordable, beautiful colors, and I've been very pleased with the quality as well. So I want to give a big thanks to my lovely Twitter follower, @carpe_comma, for sending me a pic of a Sinful Colors product that she just spotted at her local Walgreens:

Sinful Colors 5-piece Mini Polish Set (retail: $4.99, 0.17 oz per bottle)

I have never seen a mini-set from Sinful Colors before, have you? This is brand new to me, and I think that they selected some great shades to include in this set. HUGE thanks to Carpe_Comma for snapping this pic at 7:00AM in the morning AND jotting down the names of each shade (that's dedication!). From left to right, the colors are: Sugar Sugar, Canary Yellow, Love Nails, San Francisco and  Let's Talk .

In my opinion, San Francisco and Love Nails are two of the best Sinful Colors shades out there, so that's reason enough to buy this mini set alone if you're new to Sinful Colors and want to try some colors without committing to full-size bottles.

3) And finally, I have VERY good news about the coming week's Sinful Colors 99-cent coupon at Walgreens! In my previous post, I mentioned that the last time Wags offered this coupon, it was not a national promotion. In other words, the coupon was only available to certain regions within the US (which left a lot of us pretty upset).  But maybe Wags listened to our concerns, because I just got a Walgreens email with the "Sneak Preview" of next week's ad and guess what? The 99-cent Sinful Colors coupon is in the Sneak Preview! (And thanks to several of you for letting me know you spotted this as well).  

So just to be safe, I went online and tested this out specifically in my area. I checked for various Walgreens locations within San Diego, and sure enough, the coupon comes up for every location.  Click here to see and, just to be safe, change the location to YOUR area (in the left-hand sidebar) and see if the coupon comes up. I'm pretty sure it will.  So YAY! I'm SO happy this is a nation-wide promotion this time around!

Even though it was full of mixed emotions, I hope this post helped some of you Sinful Colors fans out there. Do you plan to use this Wags coupon in the coming week? If so, just be sure to double-check the colors in those "new" displays and make sure you don't already own them!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. thank you so much for sharing! i LOVE sinful colors! I'm definitely getting a few bottles to add to my collex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure enough, the coupon is there for zip code 04401...yay! A beauty indulgence I can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hey, don't feel bad about it! Seriously, you didn't know! ♥ Thank you for all of your help with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm excited about the sale! Too bad those are repromos. I knew they looked mighty familiar and I was all excited for new sinfuls, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm torn between getting in on the sale and saving for upcoming fall and Halloween collections.

    However, it's nice to know it's there if I wanna indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the love bite color, and I dont mind that they were just re named. with all the vampire stuff going on lately, they sure got my attention, and I got backups too! haha and then the asian themed collection, i guess that was like a drug store version of the opi hong kong collex right? haha. Its cute. they should have named one ramen. I crack myself up.
    Love your blog and have it bookmarked, check it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, they now have Sinful mini's available for 99-cents! I bought San Francisco and a red shade which I forgot the name of. They were at the beauty counter in a plastic ball/bin. Kinda silly now, though, since the minis will be the same prices as regular sizes on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very satified with Sinful Color. I also found out yesterday about the coupon for SC at Waggs. The only thing that I am not that happy is the color that they have is super hard to choose. I love more neutral, light color, but SC mostly carry more bold and bright or dark and a bit outrageous. I have nothing against it, but I am not allowed to wear dark nail polishes. It was super hard for me to choose the color they had eventhough everything was beautiful. I do love their quality. I prefer it more than Sally Hansen. Glad you told me about the new collection color b/c I thought I am the only one seeing the similarity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info. The weird thing is that the coupon shows up online for the 2 locations closest to me, but I know for a fact that those stores don't even carry Sinful Colors! :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so totally picked up 8 this affternoon. I found some gorgeous colors. Last time Wags had these on sale i picked up 11, and oddly enough i dont have any dupes. lol found 2 really similar fall red colors. yay for Sinful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got my first few Sinful Colors polishes a few weeks ago and i love them! I wish they were easier to come by in the UK. How annoying about the repromotes though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw the new Sinful Colors display at my Rite Aid I immediately grabbed the purple because it's so pretty! But when I wandered over to the core collection I noticed there was one that looked completely identical. I put them both back :/ I find renamed repremotions slightly dishonest.
    Those that live near a Walgreens are lucky :) I don't have any within 45 minutes of me. I'd love that 5 pack.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig