Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 27, 2010

Important odds & ends

I've got lots to cover in this post so I hope you'll take a minute to scan through it--I never want you to miss out on anything!

1) Possible NARS dupe alert! My lovely readers Adele and Ciambella pointed out to me that the limited edition Maybelline trio I showed you yesterday, Charming Colbalt (scroll down to very bottom of the post to see it), is a dupe of the NARS Rajasthan duo. Looking at the swatches of the Rajasthan Duo, I'm not comfortable saying this is a spot-on dupe, simply because the charcoal-teal shade in Charming Cobalt lacks the layer of metallic blue that's in the NARS duo, but I do think it definitely has the same feel as the NARS duo, and you gotta love the price tag (especially if you do what I did and manage to get this for 17-cents--which I explain in the post). So thanks to everyone who pointed this out to me!

2) There is still time to get your Rite Aid Glam Camp Bag filled with free beauty samples! Even if you don't have a Rite Aid in your area, you can qualify via online purchases (you just have to register for the Single Check Rebate program)! This one is too good to pass up, and the requirements to get this bag are so simple! Click here for all the details, but HURRY because this bag WILL sell out. I already made the required purchases in order to get this bag, so I cannot wait to compare notes with those of you who also scored this bag. It will be fun to see what we all get!

3) If you haven't been checking my YOU tell ME page lately, you don't now what you're missing! My readers have been posting about awesome deals left and right, and many times I don't get a chance to post about these deals in a separate blog post, so if you don't check that page, you might miss them. Please, if you make Nouveau Cheap a part of your daily reading, click that page as well so you don't miss out on a great deal (there's a direct link on my upper menu bar, and there's also a link with a little pink piggy bank on my left-hand sidebar). Also, you can subscribe to the comments on that page (via RSS) so that whenever a new comment is posted, you'll see it in your RSS reader. The link to subscribe to those comments is at the very end of the comment section. And a HUGE thanks to all of you who comment on that post with your great beauty-related deals. I cannot thank you enough for that, and please keep them coming! We all appreciate them so very much!

4) Hard Candy fans! I want to make sure you know about this special Hard Candy promotion that will be going on in September and November at Walmart (from drugstorenews.com):

Hard Candy, which is sold exclusively at Walmart, will be offering its Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows -- which are highly pigmented wet/dry shadows that instantly make eyes pop --with a mini eye shadow primer at no additional cost between September and November.

Hard Candy eye shadow primer, although not sold as an individual product, has achieved cult status among Hard Candy aficionados. Previously, this product only was available attached to the In The Shadows collection. The Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows and the newly attached mini eye shadow primer will be priced at $6.

For the same two-month period this fall, every Sheer Envy Face Primer will be sold with a mini plumping serum in light pink Girl Next Door. In addition, Mouthing Off, a favorite gloss across the board, will be paired with a glittering black Walk the Line liner in Asphalt and Hot Smudge.

5) My gals over at DrugstoreDivas have been hard at work at some great beauty-related posts I want to remind you about. First of all, they have just posted Walgreens official coupon policy, which is very, very helpful to read. Second, they have the scoop on a $3 Neutrogena face product coupon that's exclusive to Walgreens, and third, remember that printable $1 Revlon nail polish coupon I told you about the other day? They're going to scoop us on a good Walgreens rebate that you can use with this coupon very soon, so definitely check their site in the days to come for that.

6) Speaking of nail polish, I just saw that Red Plum has a $0.50 coupon for Sally Hansen Nail Color on their site now. I know this isn't a lot, but those Complete Salon Manicure polishes are so darn expensive that every penny counts, right? Use this coupon during the next BOGO1/2OFF sale to really maximize your savings. So print it out and tuck it in your purse!

That's it for now, but as always, if you have any questions about anything I've posted, please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I signed up for the glam camp bag too! I can't wait to go glamping! THanks for all the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the Hard Candy, I haven't seen it lately at Wal-Mart and miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the info-love your blog! Anyone else having trouble getting their Rite Aid SCR checks? I was told mine would take 8-9 weeks. That seems like an awful long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the coupon alert about Sally Hansen, you know I love that stuff!!

    Xulybet - I do Rite Aid all the time, my checks don't take that long to come at all. The Glam Bag may take a bit longer than the SCR check. Do you live in a remote area?

    ReplyDelete
  5. PCS: Yay! I can't wait to see what we all get. :D

    Shopping Addict: Yeah, I think those "free with purchase" things are a great idea. :)

    xulybet: Hum...I have to agree with Beth--mine NEVER take that long. They usually tell me 3-4 weeks but sometimes I get them in around 2 weeks. Sorry it's taking you so long!

    Beth: You are so welcome, hun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weird! Mine took five weeks just to be approved for processing, they said, then another month to be mailed to me. Grrr! Thanks for the responses-I knew it wasn't
    my imagination that it was slow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. xulybet: Wow, that is such a bummer! I'm so sorry it took you so long--I wonder if Beth is on to something though. Do you live in a remote area? Maybe that has something to do with it? :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig