Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Attention Gleeks: Glee is coming to a Claire's new you!


As with just about every popular TV show/movie/book these days, the requisite makeup collection is sure to follow (Alice in Wonderland, Twilight, Avatar and Eat Pray Love being just a few recent examples). So it's absolutely not surprising to me that Claire's is set to release a Glee makeup and accessory collection next week (from happi.com):

Fans of “Glee” will soon be able to don accessories and makeup based on TV show which garnered 19 Emmy award nominations this year.

Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and Claire's Stores, Inc. will launch an exclusive Glee jewelry collection and accessory line—including color cosmetics—this week at three fully-branded Glee pop-up shops in the Los Angeles, Chicago and New York metropolitan areas.

The collection will be available at more than 1,500 Claire’s stores across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico on Sept. 9.

Claire's will support the program with an extensive multi-platform marketing campaign that will include a corporate rebranding and special online and in-store promotions. In addition, Claire's will rebrand its logo, transforming its traditional 'L' into the iconic index finger and thumb pose featured within the Glee logo. This new promotional logo will be visible at all Claire's retail locations throughout North America and also at the retailer’s website.

"The new “Glee” season is easily one of the most anticipated entertainment events of the year and this partnership will extend the phenomenon even further for fans," said Robert Marick, EVP of Fox Consumer Products. "Claire's has developed an innovative program that will transform the retailer into a primary destination for any 'Gleek' out there."

So, Gleeks, are you excited to see Glee invade Claire's? Are you curious to see these makeup products?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have to admit...this is a little weird to me. I understand things like Alice in Wonderland and Twilight having makeup collections, since both have that element of fantasy that the makeup can draw inspiration from. But Glee? Love the show and all, but I'm not too sure about this.. =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to envision a Rachel palette, LOLOLOLOL. It's not really coming to me, but I'm thinking there will be some diva colors... XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. winginheaven5: I can totally see your point! Sometimes I think these "inspired by" collections are really grasping at straws, but since I don't watch Glee, I'll have no idea if this works or not. haha. :)

    clementine: I wish I knew what you were referring to! I don't watch Glee. :( But I'll take your word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut. The. Front. Door! I'm not so sure about the makeup part of this, but accessories? Yes please! There's been rumors of this for months, so thank you so much for the confirmation. Now, do I drive to LA for one of these popup stores, or wait until it comes to my local mall? Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are also clothing collections in various stores, etc.

    i agree with winginheaven5- for the most part the makeup is very subtle and natural, except for Tina who wears bright eyeshadows. everyone else wears false lashes and a lot of neutral colours!

    i'm definitely enjoying the all-out factor of the new logo, the accessories, etc. next time i see a Claire's at the mall it'll be much more fun!

    so sorry you have missed out on Glee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its sad, I used to love Claire's when I was younger. But I worked there a couple years ago. And I can honestly say that I don't trust alot of products from Claire's. When I worked there I damaged out several palettes of makeup due to mold; the nail polishes chip after an hour; and jewelry and purses have been recalled/pulled due to the lead and cadmium levels. I urge everyone to look at the pressed makeup closely for any signs of mold/mildew and pay attention to signs on the cashwrap about recalls.

    As far as Glee acessories/makeup goes, I can't really envision the collection. I'm guessing there will be a lot of stationary related items, some jewelry/hair accesories, etc similar to the Hannah Montanna/Camp Rock/Jonas Brothers collections that the store carried when I worked there.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig