Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 9, 2010

Target tips and info


I wanted to share with you my recent trip to Target and how I saved some cash by combining manufacturer's coupons with Target coupons.

First of all, I hope you all pay attention to the little red Target coupon booklets that are periodically sent to Target shoppers in the mail. I've done a little research online and it appears that not everyone gets this booklet, so I apologize if you do not. I have no idea what their criteria is for sending this coupon booklet--someone mentioned that it might be sent to Target card holders but I do not have a Target card and I still get the booklet so...I have no idea how Target creates their mailing list.

So if you did receive the July Target coupon booklet, you probably already know that there was a $1 Sally Hansen coupon in the booklet! If you have a Sally Hansen manufacturer's coupon, you can stack these for even more savings. I used the Target coupon by itself yesterday and scored another Xtreme Wear polish for $1.54.

Now, even if you do NOT receive the Target coupon booklet, there are still great ways to save.  For instance, I have a permanent link on the left-hand sidebar of this page that takes you directly to the Target printable coupons (or just click the logo above). I suggest taking a look at their printable coupons a few times a month to see if there are any coupons that you can pair with manufacturer's coupons that you may already have (more on this a little later).

Another thing to watch out for: Red Plum (the mailer, not online) and sometimes the Sunday newspaper feature Target coupons.  For example, I've been holding on to a Target $1 Neutrogena makeup coupon for about a month now, thinking I would never find a good way to use it.  But then this morning I spotted a $3 Neutrogena printable coupon on AllYou.com, so now we're looking at $4 savings on one product. Not bad, and even better if you spy any Neutrogena makeup products on clearance at your local Target!

So let's get down to my recent Target haul:

I've been wanting one of those Pur Water Filters (the ones that clamp on to your kitchen faucet) forever now, and I finally got one because recently my Red Plum mailer had a Target $4 coupon for it, and then last week, in the Sunday P&G insert, there was a $4 manufacturer's coupon for it! Retail price: $24.09, my price: $16.09

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish (I already told you about my $1 Target coupon). Retail price: $2.54, my price: $1.54

Dove Waterlily & Freshmint Ultimate Anti-perspirant Deodorant (I'm so late to the party--I just discovered this scent and I absolutely love it!). I had a printable Target $1 coupon from the Target website, which I combined with a $1.25 manufacturer's coupon from the newspaper so I couldn't resist. Retail price: $3.64, my price: $1.39

I surprised Mr. R with a 6-pack of Hanes Tagless T-shirts because that amazing little Target coupon booklet had a $1 Hanes coupon, plus they were having a great sale on 6-packs of Ts for $9.99. Retail price: $9.99, my price: $8.99

Total retail price of this shopping trip: $40.26
My total: $28.01

Not mindblowing, but I did save a lot on a product I really wanted, and hey, all it took was a few seconds clipping coupons and making sure I had them in my purse when I went to Target. So easy, and you can totally do this too!

I actually even had some coupons that I chose not to use on this trip because I didn't think the deal was THAT great. For instance, I could have gotten one of the new Gilette Fusion ProGlide Razors, which are currently on sale at Target for $8.99, for $4.49 because I have a $2.50 Target coupon AND a $2 manufacturer's coupon for it. But I've been spoiled lately by getting new razors for free or almost free, so I opted not to purchase it.

My best advice for you is this: if you see coupons in the newspaper, mail or online for brands you regularly use, CLIP THEM. Even if the savings is low (25-cents, 50-cents) clip them. You never know what might be around the corner, and every penny counts when you're combining store coupons with manufacturer's coupons and sales. It adds up, believe me!

And while you're at it, make it fun for yourself and go to the dollar store and pick up a cute little makeup bag for you coupons, which you can then toss in your purse (click here to check out how I store mine).  If your coupons are always with you, you'll use 'em!

Are you a Target shopper? Have you scored anything great lately? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I LOOOOOOVEEEEE TARGET and I usually go 1-2x week. Usually on Sundays when their new sales start! I get the coupon book in the mail too, and I'm not a Target card holder. Maybe it just means I shop there wayyyy too much :)

    One of the best Target deals that I have scored were the 3 boxes of clearanced wedding invites, bought for $8 each. YAYYYY!!!! I bought them waaayy ahead of schedule (2 yrs ago and I *just* got engaged) but they were such a good deal and I loved the colors on the invites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Target coupon booklet and that you can combine coupons. This week I got a Crest (or Colgate don't remember) toothpaste for less than 50 cents b/c I used a $1 target and manuf. coupon :)

    I didn't know they had printable coupons though, thanks for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait they still sell the Waterlily and Mint scent?!!!! I thought it was phased out. I LOVED the body wash, I wish I hoarded it.

    =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just wanted to add that if you ever forget any coupons, you can bring back the coupon with the receipt within a week, and you can use the coupon anyways!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig