Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm speechless

I told myself I wasn't going to get all sappy today, but darnit, it happened anyway.

Today I hit 1,000 followers (and a huge thanks to HeyItsJ for being my 1,000th follower! Yay!). If you're not into Google Friend Connect, either as a blogger or as a reader, this might not mean much to you. But if you do use Google Friend Connect, I hope you can understand that I'm really blown away and it feels like a pretty big milestone.

But I don't want this post to be about me today. Because really, it's not. It's always been about YOU, my readers. You're what keep me going, you're what give me the incentive to wake up and write new posts, and you're the reason this blog even exists.  I know that I've been horrible about responding to comments over the last few months, and for that I really want to apologize. I realize it takes effort to leave a comment on this blog, and I appreciate your comments more than you will ever know. I only wish I could respond to each one every single day, but sometimes life gets in the way and makes it impossible. But hopefully I'll be more on top of it soon because I absolutely adore chatting with each and every one of you.

Which brings me to Twitter! What a great, diverse beauty community we've got going on these days on Twitter, right? There are so many amazing beauty bloggers and readers who have reached out to me on Twitter over the past year, it makes me giddy! If Twitter didn't exist, I would never in a million years have the friendships I have today with so many amazing women (and men). It has enhanced my blogging experience (and my life in general) tenfold. So if you ever want to chat or ask me a question, and you don't get a response here on my blog, please, by all means follow me on Twitter and chat with me that way! Hopefully I'm better at responding to tweets because I can do that anywhere on my phone. :)

It's so weird how things come together in life.  The entire reason I started this blog was because a dear former colleague of mine urged me to start one. A group of us girls used to chat about makeup at work and I became a sort of "go-to" person for makeup and beauty advice. So this one friend in particular kept urging me to start a blog, and if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here writing this post to you today, so thank you from the bottom of my heart, dear friend (you know who you are!).

And speaking of the strange ways in which life works, in the past two weeks I've written my 1,000th blog post, hit my 1,000th blog follower, and also hit my 1000th follower on Twitter.  How bizarre is that? I sort of like to think of it this way:  In every blog post I write, I pour my heart and soul into it. So maybe I earned a single follower with each blog post.  I know that's not how it really worked, but it's a nice thought. :)

So for whatever reason you have chosen to follow me and read this blog, whether it be because you like to know about coupons, or sales, or new drugstore makeup, or nail polish, or maybe you just like the combination of things I present to you on a daily basis, I thank you.  From the very bottom of my heart, I thank you. I've had some tough times in my personal life over the past year, and the one shining thing that always seems to get me through it all, is that I know I can come here, write about silly makeup, and know that there's a group of people who are just as interested about it as I am. It warms my heart to share so much in common with you, because you are AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL and INTELLIGENT and KIND and GENEROUS, and I learn things from you every single day.  

You bring me such happiness--I could never begin to think of a way to repay you.  But OH! That's right! I mentioned this on Twitter so I need to mention it here as well: In honor of my 1,000th follower I've got the mother of all giveaways that I'll be posting tomorrow--you do NOT want to miss this. It will be open to followers of this blog only, since it's a reader-appreciation giveaway. I know I've hosted some pretty great giveaways in the past, but this one is REALLY special because I was lucky enough to select the products myself from an amazing sponsor that you all know and love.

Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for making me a small part of your lives for the past year and a half. I love you all (except for the trolls who occasionally leave pointless, mean-spirited comments--you, I can do without. LOL).

G. xoxo
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. Congrats, from the bottom, middle, and top of my heart on your 1000th follower here and on Twitter. Your blog is fantastically amazing and you deserve every one of your incredible followers. Congrats on SUCH a huge milestone =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO SWEET and that is why I read your blog. This is a wonderful post, thank you! <3 Congrats to you on having over 1000 followers! May you have nothing but continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is is so amazing! I read your blog daily. I've recently started getting back into drug store cosmetics. I used to have a ton and I wish I hadn't ditched them all for higher brands! Oh, younger me was so dumb about some things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you & your blog. I am really into finding cool drugstore makeup now, going to every Walgreens and CVS to hunt down whatever new product I've seen on your blog in town is a fun adventure :P I love hearing about cheap products that can stand up to the pricey ones. Thanks for giving us all something to enjoy every time you post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to make this short and sweet: You, and your blog, are amazing. You DESERVE every success! Love ya loads. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!

    I love your blog, and you know what ... I really appreciate the effort you take to share with us all your tips and reviews about drugstore makeup. Your blog is often the first thing I read on the net after work, and is the perfect start to my evening.

    So thank you for bringing that little bit of joy into my life everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Gratz on your 1k followers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats!
    I love your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww - this is AWESOME! I have only been a subscriber (I don't have Friend Connect...I subscribe to your blog via Google Reader RSS feed - hope that counts!) for about a month, but I absolutely LOVE your blog and always get excited when I see there are new posts. Your swatches and reviews of real life drugstore items that I would actually purchase are immensely helpful. So thank YOU!! You deserve all the love and recognition you are getting! Please keep it up! :)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! That's so exciting, but definitely, you deserve it for being so on top of things like deals. Before I started reading your blog, I got really stuck on a HE phase, but I love that you help put excitement back into DS... It's a much cheaper habit to maintain, hahahaha.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you deserved it. you are one of the most hard working beauty bloggers i know. 1000 is a big number. i have many more moons to wait. lol

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Congrats!

    While I read your blog every day (yup, one of the first things I do online each day), I don't "follow" it through another program. Call me a snarky mcsnarkerson, but I think it means a little something extra when there are folks who type in your site address every day instead of clicking it through something else. But then, I don't know how Google connect(?) works. :) Or facebook, or twatter, or whatevs. Just stuck in ye olden intertube times I guess.

    Just letting you know that for every person that "follows" you, there are probably one or two more that don't (if not more!), but still come here every day to see what's new with you. Thank you for being such a bad ass blogger! I love coming here for the sales, drugstore collection info, and most especially *your* take on all of those things. The Vintage Vault post was awesome! I'd love to see more of those too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy for you! How fantastic :) Congrats! All of us absolutely love and adore you and your awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww congrats on hitting 1,000 followers!!! I was super duper excited when I hit 100 followers yesterday, so I can imagine your excitement with 1,000 followers! ;)

    You have a fantastic and very useful blog, especially for people who live in the usa, because you always post about the latest sales and coupons! :)

    xxx

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS! I just hit my 100th follower and 100th post in the last two days. Such an amazing feeling -- I hope I'll get to 1000 someday! It's so hard to explain the happiness something as simple as Google followers can bring :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations! does subscribing to your blog via e-mail count as following? :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations! I'm not a follower (I don't really get the point of it) but I have been reading your blog everyday for the month and love it! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Annie by becoming a follower you show your love and support for this website (or any website you follow) :)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thks to you, I have bought & enjoyed a lot of gr8 prodts that are economical too.. I love your reviews & yr blog is gr8 fun to read..

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Recessionista-

    i'm pretty thankful for that friend of yours that suggested a blog to you, because i couldn't live without your blog now.

    you are genuinely sweet, funny, and passionate about everything you write, and the fact that you work hard to help us save money while enjoying health and beauty supplies makes you even more special.

    i'm so excited for you to have reached such a landmark- you truly deserve it- and i can't believe that you are able and willing to post around personal difficulties. i really admire that.

    please don't change a thing! you are a great blogger.

    CONGRATULATIONS on being AWESOME.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is awesome! You deserved every single one of those followers. This blog really helped me get into makeup and every time I think about buying a product I come here to see what you think about it. I love reading your posts throughout the school day; it cheers me up and helps me keep going. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You deserve a MILLION members - you're awesome! And smack my hand, I wasn't a member on the blog, but am on twitter & get email blog updates - gosh, how could I forget that? So, I'm now a faithful follower. I know I can count on you for nail polish advice, new product info and much much more - you ROCK!
    Signed, Carla who is now a follower... forever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations :) You deserve it because you are 100% genuine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Endless congratulations and best wishes for continued success!!!

    ninarapoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay! You are awesome! Yours is one of the few blogs that I check every day. Congratulations on your 1000th follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on your accomplishments!! I LOVE your blog and I read it because your heart is in all of the posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats!! I don't follow a lot of blogs but I got into this one because it's down to earth, and I think you're really nice. That might not sound like a big deal but it's true. Some bloggers have huge egos and no sense of humor and you're SO not one of them, so thank YOU for that =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig