Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spotted at CVS: New products by Maybelline, L'Oreal and a new polish brand!

I went to CVS yesterday and spotted some new goodies, and I also spotted a great deal at Vons (a Southern CA grocery store chain) so if you're in S. Cal, definitely check that out at the end of this post! Let's get started:

L'Oreal ColorSmokes Eye Shadows (retail: $7.99)


I mentioned a while back that L'Oreal seemed to be reorganizing their core collection of shadows to be more eye-color-oriented, and now they've released these new quads specifically for different eye colors (what's funny is that I don't know a single person who plays by the rules and only buys the palette that's for their particular eye color, do you?).

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse (retail: $9.49)

Before you go telling me that this collection isn't quite new, I know, I know! This new Dream Mousse formula (for dry skin) came out a little while ago but this is the first counter display I've seen so far, and what's MOST important to note is that there is a tear-pad on the left side with coupons for $2 off any Dream Mousse foundation, concealer or powder! So if you see this display, grab some of those coupons and hold on to them for the next time CVS or Rite Aid has a BOGOFREE or 40% of sale. You'll save BIG TIME!

Also, I was lucky enough to encounter this display before anyone had tried the testers, so I had my pick of shades to test on my hand. I am a MAC NC20 and the third shade on the left (I can't remember the name now) was a PERFECT match for my skin. It literally was invisible on my hand, so I know it's going to be a pretty good match for my face. And the texture was like BUTTAH! Oh my goodness, it blended so perfectly and made my hand look flawless. And also, even though this line is supposed to be for dry skin, it didn't feel greasy at all on my hand, so hopefully it will work for my oily skin as well. If you've already tried Dream Smooth Mousse, please leave a comment here and let us know what you think of it!

Confetti Long Wearing Nail Color (retail: $1.99)

Um, hello! I kind of freaked out when I saw this new display of $1.99 polishes! Have you heard of Confetti before? It's almost like this is CVS's version of Sinful Colors (same price point, great selection of shades, etc.). This is my first time seeing this brand and let me just tell you there are some gorgeous shades in this collection! Wow! There are cremes, shimmers, glitters, micro-glitters, metallics and duochromes here. In fact, the colors on the lower-right side of this display that all look black are actually very similar to the Milani LE Halloween polishes from last year (black base with orange micro-glitter, black base with blue micro-glitter, etc.). Everything was so pretty, it was hard to narrow it down but I did purchase three shades, which I'm going to test drive this week so stay tuned for a review and swatches.




And last but not least, if you have a Vons in your area, look at the price of Vaseline Sheer Infusion Lotion!!

This price is good thru October 31st, which is plenty of time for some new coupons to appear in the paper. But heck, even if you don't have a coupon, this is a heck of a deal.

I also want to tell you that at my local Vons, there are currently a TON of beauty products on clearance with a sign that says "Reduced for quick sale". They really slash the prices when they do this, and last night I bought an Aveeno lip balm for $1.64 (regular price $3.99) and I also spotted some great deals on Aveeno moisturizers (there's one that normally sells for $20 it was slashed to $10) and Pond's towelettes (pink package) were reduced to $1.64! Oh, and right now all Dial hand soaps (like the one I showed you here) are 10 for $10 or a $1 each. So definitely get over to your Vons asap if you have one in your area and see what you can find on clearance!

That's it for now, but please feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to know if you've spotted these goodies in your area as well!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I went to many stores last week and I think only the L'Oreal one was vaguely familiar. Not surprising since out of 5 CVS's and a Stop and Shop supermarket, only one store had the Salsa Sun collection. (Asking clueless employees who look at you with three heads about it was so humiliating.) There seem to be a lot of displays that haven't been mentioned here that are in the stores, oddly enough. Perhaps they're just ancient.

    Thanks for the wonderful info on the Sally Hansen lipstick! I got 2 for a dollar and 4 cents (after tax). It gave me a little thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, this is a little off topic, but with sales up the wazoo I figured I'd write in a new post where people could see and maybe have some advice:
    I'm looking to buy Monistat as a primer (and I'm new to primers) and have a coupon for 2.00 off from a previous coupon booklet (I hope it works, I sort of ripped it). Are there any sales for this stuff in drugstores, or at Stop and Shop or Shaw's? (I live in New England.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's funny is that I don't know a single person who plays by the rules and only buys the palette that's for their particular eye color, do you?

    ^
    Not at all! I sometimes don't even pick up my 'right color' in the palettes. (You can only have so many of the same dark green 'green-eyes' shadows.. haha) The 'browns' palettes usually catch my eye cause of the purples. :)

    I can't wait to see swatches of the nail polish, they look pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a review of the dream smooth mousse on my blog here: http://maquilagem-masstige.blogspot.com/2010/06/maybelline-dream-smooth-mousse.html I thought it exaggerated my dry skin so I bet it would be great for oily skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, love reading your blog! I am so lemming those "confetti" beauties but unfortunately I am all the way here in Malaysia and this brand would probably never surface here.....sigh! But thanks for the pictures anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I went to the two CVS's in Minneapolis (I went a little psycho having so many within driving distance, haha), I saw that Confetti nail polish too! I didn't purchase any, but it is a beautiful array of colors.
    Darn South Dakota for not having CVS :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought four of the nail polishes last weekend. I have yet to use them though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoooweee! We just found out that we'll be in Tulsa for about another year anyway. That's awesome because at our place in Ark we don't have CVS. And yesterday we ran across the newest one in town, so pulled in so I could grab the circular. (Do they put it in the paper anywhere? Around here, we have to go in the store to pick it up!) Walked in and BOOM the Confetti display and you were the first thing I thought of LOL! I was imagining your face when you spotted it! Then I was imagining those gorgeous colors on ME! Can't wait to try them - DH was waiting in the truck and there's just no need to bother doing much more than glancing when he's with me. Best of all, this new CVS is in the same neighborhood where I will be working and doing a lot of my shopping. The one I'd been going to is a 30 minute drive so I have missed bargains because, well, it's not such a bargain if it takes a quarter tank of gas to get there and back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH YEAH!! A new np!! A new cheap priced np!! A new cheap priced np at the store I have in my neighborhood!! What more can one ask for!! YEAH!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's funny is that I don't know a single person who plays by the rules and only buys the palette that's for their particular eye color, do you?

    Heck no. As someone with color-changing eyes*, I use whatever I feel like.

    No wait, I would do that anyways.

    And seriously? when did pale blue shadow ever look good on blue eyes? It dims them! And it's SO eighties. If you MUST use blue, use rich jeweltones. That bugs the heck out of me. I think blue shadow looks best on women with darker skintones or very dark eyes.

    Almay and Covergirl are guilty of this too. To highlight your eye colour, you need contrast, not sameness.

    *green-grey-blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was at CVS yesterday too! I *love* that the dream mousse had testers. Testers! In a drugstore! I never even look twice at drugstore foundations (use mineral powder from an online indie company), but since there was a tester, had to check it out. Soo smooth and silky! I could see myself using it for sure. My hands have gotten darker than my face already this summer so they're not an accurate representation of my face. Without any mirrors I couldn't test it out on my face, but maybe later. It's also nice to see the lightest shade didn't have so much yellow/orange tinting like Physician's Formula tinted moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you dear, for the great update. Will absolutely try the new Confetti. I see some very pretty colors in there. :-)

    dahlila xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've gotten three of the Confetti polishes so far. One was a bright raspberry, the pretty teal one, and a pale pink with tons of gold shimmer. The teal and the pale pink are both unfortunately very sheer, but super pretty. I think I just need to put a layer of some other polish on before I wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @beautifulmonday Thank you for saying what I think has fallen on every company's deaf ears!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @PCS- hop up on my soapbox and you can have a bullhorn, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw these confetti polishes at my CVS and although the price is nice, I didn't see any colors that wowed me. I guess for the standard blah colors they are good, but I'll stick to Wet and Wild or NYC for their price and yummy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the new maybelline foundation is "smooth mousse" instead of "matte mousse", or something like that. but yeah, basically the same product, but the smooth is formulated for dry skin and matte is for oily skin :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig