Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Cherry Tart

I really wanted to review something from e.l.f. that ALL of you can easily get for $1 at your local Target, so a while back I stopped by the e.l.f. display at my Target and picked up a Luscious Liquid Lipstick.  So many bloggers have raved about e.l.f.'s Luscious Liquid Lipsticks that I knew I had to try one for myself and I am SO glad I did!

 e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Cherry Tart (retail: $1)



 As many of you know, e.l.f. is a favorite brand of mine, not only because their products are insanely affordable, but because they're also cruelty-free and offer a vast variety of products that really can stand up to some higher-end makeup brands in terms of color and performance.

Luscious Liquid Lipstick comes in a click-pen delivery system and the applicator tip is one of my favorites:



 Please note that the color in the above pics makes this shade look WAY darker and more red than it is in person. In real life, this is a lovely medium berry shade that seems pretty neutral to me (not too cool, not too warm).

The first thing I noticed when I applied Cherry Tart is the lovely minty fragrance and flavor. It's not overwhelming and I like how it instantly perks me up.  The second thing I noticed when I applied Cherry Tart is that the formula of this gloss is AMAZING.  It's not sticky or tacky, and it just glides across the lips so easily.  Plus, it's not drying at all--in fact, it's quite moisturizing and feels wonderful on my lips.

What I really love about Cherry Tart is the color. My goodness! It's not quite opaque, yet it's not super sheer either. It's somewhere right in between. And the color is one of the loveliest berry shades I own. I think it gives my lips a "flushed" look that really amps up the natural pigmentation of my lips and brings them to another level.  It kind of reminds me of what I would want my lips to look like if I had just eaten a bowl of cherries (which makes the name even more fitting). It's not a clownish cherry red by any means--it's just a natural berry color that borders on a "your lips but better" type of shade.  I ADORE it.




Final Verdict:  Run, don't walk, to your nearest Target and check these out, ladies! Seriously, for $1, I don't think you're going to find another gloss that rivals this one.  It's not sticky, heavy or tacky, yet it's got great staying power and the color of Cherry Tart has me a believer.  The hype about e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipsticks is completely justified.

Based on the quality, affordability and color, I have GOT to award e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick my highest honor and make it my Bargain of the Day:


Have you tried a Luscious Liquid Lipstick yet? If so, what are you favorite shades? I need more of them, that's for darn sure.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I have this ELF LL in the same color that you reviewed, and I couldn't agree more! There is not one thing I don't love about this lippie! The smell is even wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. erinmw: Yay!! I am so happy that you agree with what I said! Do you own any other shades? I'm itching to get another one ASAP. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Target on my one day trip to Bellingham last month but I didn't see an ELF display anywhere... Just my luck =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley: I'm not sure where Bellingham is (I'm in San Diego, CA) but I know that ALL Target stores are supposed to carry e.l.f. But I also know that every Target is different and it may take several months for each store to put in the display (the launch date for this display was March). So my best advice is to call your nearest Target before you go there and see if they've got it yet. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh it sounds lovely! Somehow i'd missed these on the website. I'll have to check them out right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this and maybe its my pigmented lips but it is much more red on me. I love almost everything about this lippie except for the delivery method. The click top spongy thing gets clogged really easily, making it easy for there to be only one whole that dispenses gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lillian: I know, I am late to the party on these too! But you NEED one! :)

    PCS: Thank you, honey!! xo

    Victoria: I agree that it does look more red AT FIRST, but on me, after just a minute or two, it becomes more berry and more sheer than when first applied. :) I haven't experienced the clogging yet, but I will definitely see if it happens later on down the road. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg. I TOTTALY agree with you. I love them :) I have 3 of them and they're amazing and dirt cheap :)
    LOVE ELF :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these lippies too... I have Bark, Brownie Points, and Maple Sugar, which are all variations on the rose-brown theme, and they're great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ammwiich: Yay! So glad you have the same opinion of these! :)

    Jennifer: Oooh, I will definitely check out the shades you mentioned--I love anything rose-brown. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay I LOVE the ELF LL lipsticks! I'm so glad you reviewed them. I agree with you: they have really good staying power for the price and they don't feel like cheap, tacky lipgloss. I have Bark (a tan nude) and Baby Lips (a pinkish nude). They're not opaque enough to give my lips a completely nude look, so sometimes I have to layer them over a lipstick. But now I want to get that Cherry Tart shade b/c it looks so pretty on your lips! Good thing it's only a $1.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had something like this a long time ago, but it dried out my lips! But for a dollar that's a steal! I'm just going to have to try it again & maybe dab some vaseline on my lips before applying this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh these are my HG lip glosses!! I looove them! I have them in so many colors so I can keep one in every purse, in my car, in my desk at work, and on my vanity.

    I hope you are still loving this gloss and it hasn't disappointed!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I own the same lippie from e.l.f., and while I did love the rich color, I found it to be incredibly sticky. So sticky, that I can only wear a little dot in the middle of my lower lip to give some of my more neutral lipsticks some pizazz...I was really unhappy, but now that I've read your praise for the formula's non-stickiness, I have begun to wonder if I somehow got one of the older ones without the improved formula you mentioned...Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a weird thing for sticky glosses, actually; I have been eyeballing these glosses for awhile now, and now that they're approved I can get one! Yaaay! Thanks, Recessionista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, gloss update: I just went out & bought this in Pink Lemonade yesterday. Amazing!!! Nice "my-lips-but-better" (to quote G) shade; not overly shiny but healthy-looking, and I love the mild minty smell. My one complaint is that the pen-click side tends to twist up in my bag, but that just means when I uncap it, the sponge applicator is already glossy.No real complaints, then; I will definately be buying more! Another home-run pick, G!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig