Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, June 26, 2010

EOTD: Aromaleigh Thalia's Return + Silk Stockings

As many of you probably know, I'm no expert when it comes to the rich and vast world of mineral makeup. But there are a few things I DO know, and one of them is that most mineral makeup lovers absolutely adore Aromaleigh.  

A while ago, I was sent a wonderful assortment of samples from Aromaleigh's PR, and even though I'm a total novice at applying mineral shadows (I can't completely control the fallout, I can't use more than 3 shades for one eye look, shall I go on?) I have managed to put together a few looks that I'm really loving at the moment.  So I thought I'd share a look with you today, which might appeal to my fellow bronze-luvahs out there (I'm pretty much obsessed with bronze but you already knew that). 

For this look, I decided to pair Thalia's Return (in the bag, this looks like a rich, red-clay type of shade but is actually quite bronzey on the skin) and Silk Stockings (I would best describe this as a beautiful champagne-beige with pink undertones).  I thought the red in Thalia's Return and the pink in Silk Stockings would complement each other, and I'm very pleased with the outcome:

Here's the complete list of what I used for this look:

Maybelline Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Blonde
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Aromaleigh Thalia's Return from lashline to crease
Aromaleigh Silk Stockings blended up from crease to brow bone
Styli-Style Twist Eyeliner in Topaz on upper and lower lashline
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in Blackest Black on lashes (review to come this week!)

I am really liking this look because it's about as reddish-pink as I can go with my complexion. I absolutely cannot pull off full-on red or pink eyeshadows (everyone always asks me if I'm sick or tired when I try to wear them) so this shadow combo pretty much satisfies my yearning to wear pinks and reds!

So tell me, what are some of your favorites from Aromaleigh? Are you a mineral makeup devotee? Have you mastered the art of applying loose mineral shadows? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This is rather off topic: I've been away for a while so I'm having lots of fun catching up on the blogs you've written. I notice the new style you're useing to post the photos and I think its a freaken awesome style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! Those two colors are made for each other.

    Oh wow... I don't even know where to begin with my favorite Aromaleigh colors— there are so many. I use Thalia's Return to fill my eyebrows out and the reddish brown works well for this to match my haircolor.

    t this moment, I am loving xoxo from the Valentine's collection... it is a plush violet and copper duotone and Concrete Jungle (warmed taupe with the most amazing bright sparks of aqua) and Skyscraper (rich, deep gray/green/brown tones with shimmery highlights of copper, pink and blue) from "Hot in the City".

    My mineral shadow fallout tips— lean forward ever so sightly so the shadow does not fall on your face. And— apply your eyeshadow *before* foundation and powders. That way, any eyeshadow fallout can be cleaned up and brushed away.

    Love mineral makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love smoky eyes using those kind of colors. Preciosa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love mineral makeup! God, it's hard to choose favorites! I love the Gothic Lolita collection, the Victoria's Revenge collection and the newest (not yet released) Lost in Faerie Collection.

    I'm fond of blues and purples.

    Oh! Hot in the City has some favorites! Heat Wave, Return to Tiffany's, Girl's Night Out, Late for Work, Italian Ice, and Concrete Jungle.
    You would LOVE Concrete Jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy is fantastic for applying loose shadow -- it makes it *stay*! I like their eyeshadows, too; Nijiro makes a great all-purpose highlight.

    From Aromaleigh, I like the current Victoria's Revenge shades (Airy Ethos + Cyanide Sorrow is a favourite everyday look right now), the L'Orchidee colours and the En Pointe collection, especially Dulcinea and Tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa is right about leaning forward to reduce powder fallout. And, since mineral makeup is highly concentrated, start off with just a bit and layer it up as you go. And when I finish doing the shadows, I use a fan brush to whisk away any fallout that might have occurred. Then I do foundation and blush.

    Having used mineral makeup for over 8 years, I can attest that this type of makeup is good to practically any skin type. And blending is so easy!

    I'm looking forward to making my first Aromaleigh purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh it looks very pretty! I love Thalia's Return :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in love with Aromaleigh. I recently discovered it in December and have spent way to much on an ever growing collection!

    Unfortunately, Kristen announced yesterday that Aromaleigh is closing!!! So if you have a wish list a mile long , like I do then you need to head over there quickly!

    A sad day for MMu, because Aromaleigh and Kristen were the best in every category!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig