Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yet another reason to looooove Target!

Hello, my lovely readers! I am SO sorry to have not posted anything new in the past day or so, but my computer problems are worse than I expected, so I'm only able to grab a minute here and there on a working computer. 

Hopefully I'll have my problems corrected very soon and be back to posting regularly (and responding to comments as well) so I thank you, both new readers and faithful readers, for hanging in and having patience with me! I miss you!!

So I saw this article today and I just had to post it--especially since sunscreen season is upon us!  Check this out (from Happi.com):

Consumer Reports Health has tested spray-on sunscreens —and has named four products that earned top overall scores.

Target’s Up & Up Sport Continuous SPF 30 was named a CR "Best Buy." The other three top performers were Walgreens Sport Continuous SPF 50, Banana Boat Sport Performance Continuous SPF 30 and Aveeno Continuous Protection SPF 50.

According to CR, these products provided “Very Good UVA protection and Excellent UVB protection and met their SPF claim even after treated skin was soaked in water for 80 minutes.”

Consumer Reports Health also evaluated how the sunscreens smelled, felt, and absorbed into the skin. Those tests were performed by Consumer Reports' trained sensory panelists. Overall, the top four performing sunscreens had a slight or moderately intense floral or citrus scent and left little residue on the skin, according to the publication.

As many of you know, I am a huge Lost fan (and yes, I loved the finale--but it took many hours for it to grow on me and at first I hated it).  So anyway, Target really outdid themselves with their series of three Target commercials that aired during the Lost finale (click here if you missed them--but warning: they won't make sense to you unless you're a Lost fan).  I think my favorite is the keyboard one!

Sorry, back to the sunscreen...I'm very happy to see that Target's Up & Up house brand ranked so highly in this report. In fact, everything I've tried so far in the Up & Up collection has been pretty darn good. Do you own any Up & Up products that you love? Please share your favorites with us in the comments! 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Hey Recessionista, I nominated you for the sweet blogger award in my post here:
    http://inhermakeupbag.blogspot.com/2010/05/sweet-blogger-award.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed the finale. it wasn't much like i expected but that was a good thing, ultimately. i thought the whole thing truly suited the unique and thoughtful nature of the show.

    now i'm in the grieving stages. my week just won't be the same without Lost night!!!!!

    anyways, i can't tell you how happy i am that the top performers were all house brands (plus Banana Boat, of course). that rocks! i bought Target's sunscreen last year and used up the tube a few weeks ago, so good reminder to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 agree with you, almost everything from the target brand I've tried is awesome. I specially loved the eye makeup remover that's a knockoff of the neutrogena biphasic one. I tried it per a blogger's reccomendation and have never gone back to neutrogena, the only one i find that works better for waterproof makeup is the MUCH pricier Lancome BiFacil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use their cotton pads/rounds for nail polish removal. They are the best I've found for not sticking to my nails - I HATE when I'm trying to take my nail polish off and the cotton sticks to it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig