Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spotted at the drugstore: New Milani Limited Edition Liquid Metal Nail Collection

After seeing this collection on several different blogs, I was beginning to wonder if I would EVER see it at my local CVS (for some reason, my local CVS is the first place to get new Milani stuff in my area). And finally, yesterday I spotted it!

Milani Limited Edition Liquid Metal High Reflective Finish Nail Color Collection

I have to admit, Milani never ceases to impress me with their counter displays. Kudos to their design team--they do a fantastic job with these! The presentation just makes me want to reach out and put everything in my shopping basket. :)


As you can see in the display, this collection gives us a "new formula". Exciting! Have any of you tried these polishes yet? Can you tell us if you've noticed an improvement over the old formula?

(left side of display)

(right side of display)

There are six shades total in the Liquid Metal Collection, including a dusty rose shade, a gold shade, a silver shade, a black shade, a white shade and a deep plum shade.  In person, some of these shades (like the white and silver) look like true metallics, while shades like the black and plum look to have reflective bits of micro-glitter floating around in them. All in all, these are gorgeous shades and I'm excited to try one or two of them when they go on sale, of course. :)

Have you tried anything from the Liquid Metal Collection yet? What do you think?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Ooh, pretty! I am still waiting on my CVS to get that shade-adjusting red lippie you posted awhile ago :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the new formula last longer! The old one gets me through one day with no chips max. YOu always seem to have better luck with nail polishes then I do. I can only last 4 days before I have to repaint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the purple and black look slightly duo-chromey in your pics (yes, I realize that not even close to a real word!). Hope my drugstores get these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am psyched...I love Milani's Holos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see this post! My CVS didn't have a full display so I didn't know what all the shades were. I picked up the gold and purple and am in LOVE!! I just did a mani, so I'm not sure how this formula holds up compared to the old, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey R~!

    Actually I've been on a lemming for cream nail polishes on the lighter shades. Like grey, grey-ish blue, etc

    Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh they look so great! I still need the Milani red lipstick you wrote about a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JenJen: OMG, I can't believe how slowly that lipstick is rolling out. I wish everyone would get it ASAP so that I could find out if it changes colors on most people (aside from me, of course!). lol.

    PCS: I hope it's an improvement too, as some of my Milani colors only last me about 2 days before chips (weird because others wear like iron for me). What top and base coats are you using?

    JT: Yes, they are! But the plum is even extra pretty because it's got gold micro-glitter in it too. It's a truly complex color...man, I wish these would go on sale ASAP! :)

    La Diva Latina: If you like their holos, I think you'll love these. :)

    Mocha Mish Mash: OMG, have you done a mani with the plum shade yet? I neeeed to see swatches! :)

    Fay: OMG, it is so funny that you asked this (and thank you so much for even thinking to ask me for some suggestions--I am honored!). I was at my local Rite Aid yesterday and spotted the new L'Oreal summer collection, "Passport to Paradise" and there are three amazing blues in this collection (all cremes!) and one of them is EXACTLY what you want: a light grayish-blue! OMG, it is gorgeous and I'm really regretting not getting it (I opted for the Tiffany-blue shade). I will be posting pics of the display, plus the shade I purchased, later today so please take a look. I think that grayish-blue is EXACTLY what you're looking for! :D

    Lillian: Oh honey, I wish you could get this--I would love to know if it works on you, and I bet your swatches would be so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I passed through CVS today and saw this display. The black, dark purple-ish color and the rose color seemed to be popular as there were only one or two bottles left. a lot of silver left!

    I ended up getting the rose colored one because it looked like a dupe for Ginger + Liz "Swagger", which is that coppery/rose color that has been talked about lately, but it's like $12 + NY State tax + ridiculous shipping making it to be $20 or something. I'd rather spend $5 :)

    I'm getting a Mixx mani tomorrow so I can't review it just quite yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use orly bonder and either out the door or sally hansen mega shine.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig