Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 3, 2010

NOTD: Easter Pastel Skittles!

Happy Easter weekend, to those of you who celebrate! I don't know about you, but I've been totally inspired by the pastel candies, eggs, and colors of this holiday and even though I did this late last night (and it's quite messy, so forgive me!) I am loving my Easter mani today because it's just so darn fun. The holidays are the only time I really go a little crazy with my nails because, well, it's a great excuse, dontcha think?

Here are the colors I used for my Easter Pastel Skittles mani:


I wanted to use a pink creme to match all of my Maybelline LE Sweet Thing collection polishes, and I was surprised to go through my stash to discover that the only true creme I own in the pink catagory is WnW Wild Shine Lavendar Creme (which is a pretty hot pink and in no way lavender to me). Anyway, I think it was fun to put a brighter color into the mix so I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Bright and cheery!



Of course, since I did this late last night, and without my glasses, it's pretty messy and I smudged my thumb beyond repair. But I have a feeling that I'll be seeing more damage today as I make three batches of cookies, a double-batch of potato salad and then "assist" the Easter Bunny in hiding some eggs. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful time this weekend, no matter what you do!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Love that wet n wild nail colour, lovely bright yet pastel! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Have fun with your easter festivities! I will be showing some friends around tourist central this holiday in my silver manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are so pretty! I've been looking everywhere for those express finish polishes but they're always sold out... boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors! Pastels are soo pretty but I don't own any :[ No store in my area has the maybelline sweet thing collection.. but I'm still looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I've been getting into cremes lately. I used to be a sparkle only girl, but after wearing some spring/summery cremes lately I'm hooked. I actually really like that "lavender" creme! I'm wearing a Milani Tip Toe Pink this weekend a bubble gum pink creme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Wet n Wild! I've passed up this polish so many times, but if it looked like this, I don't know why I would. :/

    I'll get it next time I'm at the drugstore! It's really fab!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mani! And that Wet & Wild is the funniest shade of lavender that I have ever seen! It must come from the "Island of the color blind" Collection. Heh....
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are such lovely colors! I've been loving pastel nail polish lately. I def have to get my hands on some of those ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your mani! I was just about to do mine, actually. :)
    Happy Easter! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, lame! I went to my drugstore to get that polish, and it's a completely different color! A brighter, vivid pink. Not something that you could at all consider a pastel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty! I've got Midnight Prowl on right now myself, but it's not exactly Spring-y. XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing color. I love this. Look so fun. hahhaa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this manicure is so much fun! happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all about those colors FO SHO! Minty is my jam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, ladies, it makes me SOOO happy that you enjoyed this mani as much as I did! Yay!! I'd love to hear what *you* wore on your nails this weekend too! :) Thanks so much for all the sweet words, and I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking the WnW name is waaaay off base. lol!

    And Erin: I think maybe you need to re-read what I wrote in this post. I never said the WnW shade was a pastel, in fact I actually described it as a "hot pink"! lol! So...sorry you thought it was a pastel, but in my swatches it looks pretty bright to me? Oh well...sorry it wasn't what you were looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig