Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Heads up, Borghese fans: CVS is printing out $3 off coupons!

If you've been following this blog for a little while, you know that I am loving the new limited edition Tutti Gelati collection from Borghese:


Every time I walk by this display at my local Rite Aid, I swoon over the Mentha (the teal shimmer) and Pistachio (the green shimmer). And of course I already told you about the $3 off coupon you can snag via Rite Aid's Video Values program.

But if you don't have a Rite Aid in your area, I want you to know that this week, I got a $3 off coupon for any Borghese product from the CVS "slot machine"! Yes!!

If you aren't familiar with the CVS slot machine (my little nickname for it) it's the red scanner box usually located near the entrance. In many locations, it's the same scanner box that you use to scan the price of a product, only you can also use it to scan your CVS card, and it will shoot out instant coupons you can use immediately (they usually expire within a week of when you print them out). And this week, in addition to $1 off CVS paper products and $1 off CVS skincare products, there's a chance you'll get this Borghese coupon too! It sure makes the $8 price tag of Borghese nail polishes a little easier to swallow, right?

If you aren't scanning your CVS card every single time you go to CVS, you are really missing out. You never know what you might get! And if you don't have a CVS slot machine at your location, you can always check your receipts because sometimes the same coupons will print out your receipt (not always though--there are some coupons that are exclusive to the slot machine). Also, if you don't have a slot machine at your location, ask the store manager if they can get one! You never know...

So scan, scan, scan that card, and keep going back daily until you get this coupon (if you want it). I also got a coupon for $6 Extra Bucks when I got my Borghese coupon, which was what I had accumulated from my winter shopping. I was all excited to snag my bottle of Borghese polish for free, but sadly, my CVS doesn't yet have the Tutti Gelati display. :(

And don't forget that Dove haircare is also on sale this week at CVS (purchase one bottle for $4.49 and receive $4.49 in CVS Extra Bucks)!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. my luck, i wouldn't get that coupon. lol! but the slot machine did give me $8.50 in extra bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! My CVS finally got a scanner, so I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get this one! If not, I'll at least walk out with some free Dove shampoo and Dial body wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn.. I kinda gave up on the slot machine.. the first time I used it about 2-3 weeks ago, I got a $3 off for the Borghese nail polish and could scan my card again til I got the coupons for the cvs products. But everyday after that I got the same $1 off for a cvs product.. it was so repetitive =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got that coupon but my cvs doesn't have this collection! I'm waiting for it but if my coupon expires first I won't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH dang, dang, dang i spent $30 in CVS today and forgot to hit the slot machine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fyi ladies, the scanner may not be near the door. the one in my closest CVS is slap bang in the middle of the store on an endcap, near the registers. (i should look at the other 2 near me and see where theirs are.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie: You never know, honey! Try and see (and congrats on all the extra bucks! Yay!). :)

    mooosley: I love your attitude, girlie! That rocks!! (fingers crossed that you get the coupon though). xo

    TLNHTRN: I wouldn't give up on the slot machine, honey. I know it only gives out REALLY good coupons once per cycle, but it's worth it to get those coupons even if you just get them once. I haven't heard of *anyone* getting the good coupons more than once, if that makes you feel any better. :)

    PCS: Darn...thanks for confirming. Maybe they won't even get this collection, which would really be lame. :(

    Atiyah: Oh girlie, I am SO sorry. I HATE it when that happens. I have literally had to train myself and not even grab a shopping basket until I scan my card first. lol.

    beautifulmonday: Oh, that's good to know. Thanks for the tip! The scanner is close to the door in all my locations here in SD, so I just assumed that's where they put it for everyone. Always lookin' out for us, you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh.. thanks for letting me know! I thought it was just me and that I wasn't spending enough at CVS.. hah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TLNHTRN: No problem, honey! Glad I could help. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig