Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spotted at Target (Part 2)

I mentioned yesterday that I spotted so many new bath and body products at my local Target the other day that I couldn't fit them all into one post. So here is part two of my recent discoveries--I hope you find some goodies here that you're excited to check out at your local Target. Our options for new, affordable springtime bath and body products are mind-numbing right now!


Kings & Queens has come to Target!! If you haven't heard of Kings & Queens, please check back tomorrow because I will be posting a review of the product I bought (featured above--can you guess what it is?). I rarely, if ever, purchase things at full-price, but when I took one whiff of this particular Kings & Queens product, it HAD to be mine. More on that tomorrow...


Have you seen this new B&B brand called Savour? Some of you may remember a while back that I was talking about how much I love the Orbit Mint Mojito flavored gum, and how I wished that someone would make a shampoo or body wash in this scent. Well, guess what? Savour has Mint Mojito body products! I was FREAKING OUT when I saw this!!


To my nose, their Mint Mojito scent is a little heavy on the mint and weaker on the mojito, but heck, I'll take it! Also, there are some other very yummy scents in this line, such as Buttercream Cupcake, Raspberry Gelato, ChocoLatte, and my personal favorite so far, Margarita Sunrise:


I took a whiff of the body mist and OMG OMG OMG. OK, first, it doesn't really smell like a margarita to me, but what it DOES smell like is 7-Up! It's got this sweet, bubbly, effervescent, citrus scent about it that is pure 7-Up to my nose and I freaking LOVE it! If you're a bubbly, citrus scent lover, you have GOT to check this one out. It's amazing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.


Have you seen these new Aveeno products yet? Blueberry + Goji Berry (my favorite), Vanilla + Chamomile, and Grapefruit + Rosemary scented body lotions! The price made me step back a minute though (ouch!), especially for such a small bottle (11 oz), so definitely keep your eyes peeled for coupons and sales if you want to give these a shot.


OK, have you seen the new Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Dove Body Wash yet? I didn't even know about this scent until I saw it during this trip, and there were only two bottles left (as you can see in the pic above) so I had a hunch it was probably pretty good.

I had NOOOO idea how good it would be, ladies. OMG, if you are a fruity/tart/sweet/citrus person, you HAVE to give this one a whiff. My problem with most Dove products is that, no matter what the scent it, they tend to always have that underlying "Dove" scent to them. That's not a bad thing, but it's usually present in their body washes and soaps. But this one? No "Dove" scent at all. This body wash smells like pure, sweet pomegranate juice! It's tart, it's citrusy, it's sweet, it's just a whole lotta YUM, if you ask me. It really does smell like you cracked open a bottle of pomegranate juice--I can't explain it any better than that.

And the best part? It's on sale at Target this week:


Like I said before, if you are a person who loves tart, sweet, citrusy, berry scents, get your booty to Target this week--I think you will LOVE this new body wash! I bought one and I am totally obsessed to the point of coveting it.


After a discovery like that, it's kind of hard to come down and talk about other body washes, but I did want to metion that Dial has two new interesting scents that may appeal to you. On the left is "Cherry Seed Oil & Mint" and on the right is "Grape Seed Oil & Lemongrass". I like that these are pretty unusual fragrance combinations, and to me they both smell very clean and refreshing. I might pick up the Cherry Seed body wash if I get a good coupon. Definitely give these a sniff the next time you're at Target and let me know what you think!

And finally, I had to snap some pics of some clearance baskets I spotted at my local Target:

Essie polishes for $3.98! Obviously these are all pretty much pinks and reds, but still fun to dig through.


All the mini tubes of Weleda are on clearance (Skin Food, etc.) and the Yes to Carrots lip glosses and tinted lip balms are all reduced to $1.62. You can also see that there are a few Boots products in this bin (eyeshadows, mostly) but they weren't reduced to insane prices (most of them were still around $5 each).

And finally, because I just have to rave about this, my brother and I went to lunch yesterday at a local Korean restaurant, and I had the MOST amazing vegetarian tofu soup I have ever had in my life. There were potatoes, three kinds of mushrooms and delectable little silky pieces of tofu throughout this soup, which comes in a sizzling clay pot to your table. If you've in San Diego, you probably know that there are two Korean tofu houses on Convoy St. and I'm having hard time deciding which one is better...this soup blew my mind!


That's it for now, but as always, I would love to hear your thoughts on any of the products I've mentioned above!

SHARE:

25 comments

  1. oh my goodness. my head is spinning just trying to imagine all those fragances! they do sound amazing though. i'm definitely a citrus fan. my first "real" cologne was Adidas for Her, which is very citrusy and sporty.

    and I too LOVE AND ADORE the Orbit Mint Mojito! it's SO hard to find!

    and that soup sounds divine. *mouth watering*

    these are the reasons i love this blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the head's up about the new Dove bodywash! I'm an absolute fiend for anything pomegranate scented, so I must try to find this when I head down to the shopping center tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to try those new "Lush" dupes! I think that I am mostly looking forward to the little tins with the massage bars in them! And that Dove body wash is totally up my alley. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to have to get to Target soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifulmonday: Honey, thank you SO much for that! :D And I'm so glad I'm not alone in my Mint Mojito love (and I agree--why is this gum so freaking hard to find??). And I'm SO happy that someone else thinks that soup looks yummy! And it tasted even better than it looked! lol. OMG, I totally remember that Adidas fragrance! I loved it too! lol. xo

    mythosidhe: You are so welcome! I would LOVE to know what you think of it if you try it, so please keep me posted, ok? :)

    Cynthia: Yep, I'm super excited about that Lush-a-like line too! :) I hope you love that Dove body wash as much as I do...I seriously drool every time I use it! And you are so welcome, honey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. if i had target here,i'd go crazy!
    lol
    awww mint mojito !hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish the clearance baskets at my Target were as full as yours. There's nothing like digging through one and finding a treasure that's been overlooked by everyone else. I get such a high from that. Yay for cheap thrills.

    And the soup looks and sounds delicious. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always get me sooooooooooo excited to go scope out the latest and greatest at these stores!! haha I was just at Target on Tuesday but they did not have any of the cool new bath and body items you posted about :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost forgot to share my newest haul on the cheap! I got 3 Wet and Wild Wild Shine polishes for 66 cents each at Shopko. Shopko's mostly in the upper midwest (WI..MN) so I dunno if everyone will appreciate this tidbit of news. But all the Wild Shine polishes are on sale 3/$1.98! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not so much on the beauty stuff, but the food: Are you willing to share the names of the dubu houses and do they make their own?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...there are too many new body washes I want to try now. XD I was super excited to find that new Caress cream oil bodywash in the blackberry scent at Walmart the other day. And now I really need the new Dove one. And possibly some of the others...

    But you should see my body wash cabinet. ;_; I'm trying to use up as much as possible, but it never seems to deplete much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vanilla: Awww, I wish you had Target in your country too! :(

    Mimsy: I totally, completely agree. There's nothing like striking gold in a clearance bin! It feels like you uncovered something that everyone else missed! LOL! :) And I'm so glad that soup looks yummy to you too! :D

    K.Lo: LOL!! I'm so happy that you can share in my excitement! :) And WOW, I have never even heard of Shopko but after your comment about this WnW sale, I sure wish we had those stores on the West Coast. Lucky girl!! Thanks for the info, and hopefully readers with a Shopko in their area are reading this! :)

    YesIShould: Of course! There is Tofu House, and then down the street there is Convoy Tofu House.

    Here are their Yelp listings:

    http://www.yelp.com/biz/tofu-house-san-diego

    http://www.yelp.com/biz/convoy-tofu-house-san-diego

    As you can see, the reviewers are pretty split--they both seem to have their pros and cons, but lately I'm loving Convoy Tofu House (but there are great things about Tofu House as well. Argh! Can you see that I'm split too? lol!).

    And that is a very good question about the tofu--I am ashamed to say I don't know if either house makes their own. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hana: LOL!! I am right there with you--no matter how much body wash and soap I use, my collection *never* seems to dwindle! :) Hey, is that new Caress product called "Cream Whipped Souffle"? I didn't see a blackberry one, but I saw the White Peach one (it smelled ok, but a little plastic-y). Is the blackberry one good? Thanks!! Here's a pic of the White Peach:

    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=228368&catid=45531&aid=337953&aparam=caress_cream_whipped_sou&CAWELAID=475262429

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my fellow San Diegan! I've only been to the Tofu House across from Seoul bbq, but only because the other one was packed (you know how that parking place is with the pub n 2 boba places AND a yogurt place!

    I went to Target today, here's my clearance bin report: 2 colors of the new baked Maybelline shadows were $4.14, a blue one and a khaki colored one ($1 off tearpads at cvs btw), True Match compact cream foundation in N4 for $4.xx...Maybelline Pure Makeup for 2.77..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, that's the one I mean. :D I couldn't really smell the blackberry much in the bottle since the hole was small and it's hard to get the caps off those ones. I know I have that Brazillian one by them that I love, so I think this one should be good too. It's too bad the peach one smells plastic-y. :(

    Oh, and I had a guess about the Kings and Queens product you got. I'm hoping it's the jasmine, since I've been wanting that one for ages, but I'm gonna guess it's one of the Sugar ones...or maybe the lemon flower one... XD They all sound awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ... Why doesn't my Target have awesome stuff like this? I think I need to move to the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lisa: Hello right back, neighbor! :D OMG, that parking lot is NUTS! We usually end up having to park across the street and around the corner most nights. lol. And what about the Tajima parking lot! That is the worst of all. lol. And thanks SO much for the great Target report! You scored some awesome goodies, and I love how you worked it w/ the CVS coupon! I'm extremely impressed. ;)

    Hana: Oh darnit. Now I'm going to have to try and find that blackberry one! lol. And you know what? I was soooo going to get the Jasmine...but once I smelled the Sugar one, it was ALL over. Ha! You know me too well! :D

    Beck: Oh honey, if they're at my Target, that means they'll eventually make it to yours, right? Fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh soon dubu (tofu)! YUM!
    I only know the one in Irvine & Garden Grove... Kaju Tofu! It's the best in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really feel like I took a trip to Target in this post, lol!
    I'm all for that Aveeno lotion, I love Aveeno and I'm exited that they have new scents, BUT, that price! Geeze! I'll be keeping an eye out for coupons or sales.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Siluet: Yay for dubu! :D I'll have to try that place the next time I'm in the OC! Thanks for the tip, honey!

    adorepink: LOL!!! I know...the blueberry + goji berry scent was sooo yummy but I am trying to be patient and wait for a coupon and sale too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw the Dove Pomegranate body wash and I had to resist temptation to buy it. I already have a huge stash at home that I need to go through.
    One of the things I wanted to mention is at one of the many Targets that I frequent there was an E.L.F. display. It wasn't all the way stocked but it made me stop in my tracks because I've been waiting since I've heard about E.L.F. for a full on display. Apparently different Targets are going at there own pace, I sure hope the one that I go to more often gets one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Coral: Yep, it looks like the same thing is happening as last time e.l.f. put a display in Target (back in October). It took several weeks for all Targets to get their displays up, so apparently it's up to the individual stores as to exactly then they put the display up. I think the March guideline is just to indicate the first day that that it's OK to put the display up, but it might take weeks (or months) for all locations to have them up and ready. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Went to target today, they have white elf nail polishes on clearance 75% off for 25 cents!! I heard u can use white polish under those sheer neons or other colors u wanna show up well. Also i smelled the new Dove scent in the bodywash and it smells great!! I am an all time lover of Dove!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Reporting back as requested. Here are the results of today's shopping expedition:

    First off I tried a different Rite Aid and took advantage of the BOGOs to get two Revlon polishes (Strawberry Electric & Oh My Magenta), and two Brucci nail hardeners (Grape Galaxy & Purple Haze).

    Next stop Target. There was an end cap display of CoverGirl SmokyShadowBlast duos with a coupon attached for a free CG Eye Enhancers shadow single. I got one of each in Purple Plume and Knock Out Pink, respectively. In the clearance bins I found Milani polish for $1.48, Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder foundation for $2.98, and Physicians Formula Organic Wear lip gloss for $1.73 (.73 really, since I have a bunch of $1 off PF coupons). I also picked up the Dove pomegranate bodywash (can't wait to try this tonight!), Delights by Paris Presents Pomegranate Passion body mist (a pretty good dupe for B&BW Midnight Pomegranate), and Eos pomegranate raspberry shave cream (lol, told you I love pomegranate :p).

    Lastly I hit CVS, where I used the BOGO and more of my Physician's Formula coupons to acquire the brown eyes Shimmer Strips gel creamliner and Pop! eyeshadow palette. (I already have the Pop! green palette, which is gorgeous despite not being for my specific eye color).

    CVS also brought me my favorite find of the day--Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss in Fashion Diva. This is such an amazing lip gloss! It goes on smoothly, makes your lips feel incredibly soft, smells yummy, and I absolutely adore the shimmery purple sparkle.

    Phew! I'm all shopped out. That should do for, oh, another couple of weeks...?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you thank you thank you for featuring these products! I stopped by Target today and got the One Hair Biscuit solid shampoo and their solid shampoo, as well as their nighttime skin conditioning bar. And the Kings & Queens stuff. Oh, my word. It all smelled heavenly. I loved them all, so I decided to get the set with the minis. I can't wait to try them all! I'm so happy that Target is getting all this great new bath and body stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LaVogue: Wow, that is a great deal on the elf polish, and an awesome tip about layering under other sheer colors! Why did I never think of that?? Brilliant! And I'm so glad you liked the Dove body wash too. Yay!! Thanks for all the terrific info. :D

    mythosidhe: WOW! Nice haul, lady! And yeah, that should definitely tide you over for a couple of weeks! lol. I am extremely impressed with your bargain-hunting skills and you got some fantastic goodies! I cannot wait to find out how your like the Dove body wash (fingers crossed that you love it as much as I do!). And thank you for the reminder about the EOS shave creams at Target! I saw those a little while ago and then completely forgot about 'em. Please, please let me know you like the pom one you got, ok? I am (obviously) a huge pom fan as well. :D Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a great, informative commment! Loved it! :D

    Jean: You are so welcome, honey! Ooooh, I cannot WAIT to hear how you like the One products you got--please, please keep me posted? And YAY that you got the K&Q minis!! You are going to have such fun in your shower after getting all these goodies! Can't wait to hear your thoughts! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig