Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Please design my Aromaleigh eye look!

It's taken me several years to come to terms with the fact that I don't do well when faced with a lot of options. If I only have a can of tomatoes, some brown rice and fresh cilantro in my house, I can whip you up a culinary masterpiece. But if I have a fully stocked pantry and fridge, I'm like a deer caught in headlights. Too many choices and my mind literally goes blank.

So when I received some wonderful Aromaleigh eyeshadow samples for review recently, it only took a second before the blank-mind-syndrome started to kick in.

And that's why I thought I'd do something a little different for this review. Instead of just testing out these shadows and then posting swatches and a review, I thought I'd call on your for some help. I love doing eye looks, but the options here are mind-numbing! I can't possibly try to create an eye look with this many choicies.

So I need your help. Take a look at this photo, and then design an eye look for me, PLEASE! But please try and stick to these few rules (actually, they're more like requirements):

1. I like to stick to 1, 2 or 3 shades of eyeshadow per look, but if you've got a look that requires more than that, just be sure to leave instructions in your comment (what to put on my crease, what to put on my lid, etc.) and of course don't forget that I can also use one of these colors to line my eyes! If you don't specify a liner color, I'll select what I think works best.

2. Leave your look in the comments on this post

3. If you've got more than one look that you'd like to suggest, please do!

4. And please remember, pinks and purples generally look horrible on me, so if you've going to pick a pink or purple shade, please try to pair it with a brown, gray, etc.

And that's it. This isn't a contest and there's no prize (sorry). I just REALLY need some help. The eye look(s) that I like best will be featured in my upcoming review, along with a HUGE shout-out to you (and if you have a blog, I'll definitely give it a mention as well).

All of the names of these shadows are visible in this pic, with the exception of the two jars at the bottom, which are en pointe and l'orchidee.


If you would like a closer look at any of these shades, please visit the "Mineral Eyes" section of the Aromaleigh website (click here) for swatches.

Thank you in advance for your help!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I have Circe, Moth, Chantal and Ambre samples.
    You can try Moth as all over cover, Circe for the crease, and perhaps Pique for outer corner shade?

    Moth and Chantal also look nice together as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean lol. I'm the same way sometimes when im looking at my eyeshadow palette. Its like...Ahhh...where do i begin lol.

    anyway, the color that cought my eye right away is ambre. It would look sexy all over the lids then maybe Thalia's return on the crease ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurve Aromaleigh's eye minerals! You have so many gorgeous ones to choose from.

    Look 1) lid~ambre, brow~persian kitten, crease/v/liner~thalia's return

    Look 2) lid~fragile charms, brow~ petit fours, crease/v/liner~chocolate heart

    Look 3) whole eye~ circe, crease~ pique with chantal as wet liner on the top lash line winged out slightly.

    Have fun with them, can't wait to see how your looks turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love aromaleigh! You need to try Chantal. It is gorgeous! Maybe with L'orchidee on the lid, Chantal in the crease and possibly to line with wet (it is soooo gorgeous). And then some glow on the brow bone and inner corner for highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it were me I would put persian kitten all over the eye; follow with thalia's return on the lid only. I would put chocolate heart on the outside corner of the lid in a v shape, blending it into thalia's return. I would also use chocolate heart to line the eyes. I would put ambre in the inner corner of the eye; then put a bit of circle under the brow. I hope that made sense, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. use ambre and chantal and do a smoky gold arabic/egyptian look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. moth on the eyelid, and persian kitten in your inner v's and dusted under your lower lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking...
    Persian Kitten + Ambre
    Silk Stockings + Pique or Chocolate Heart
    Glow + Longing
    Circe on the inner 1/2 of lid, Thalia's Return on the outer half, Chantal or Chocolate Heart the darken the crease/line upper lid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could try:

    Persian Kitten on inner lid.
    Ambre on outer lid.
    Chantal in crease.
    Persian kitten on browbone.


    Coppelia on lid
    Fragile charms in crease
    Petit Fours on browbone

    Moth on lid and crease.
    Glow on browbone.
    Maybe add chantal to darken the crease a touch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Persian Kitten from lash line to brow

    Verdigris on the lid

    chocolate heart in the crease and blend out sorta cat eyes style.

    Take a little Ambre and use it to accent: Try a blended dot in the center of the lid...or in the inner corner and blended well...or on the outer corner blended up into the chocolate OR...just use it to line the upper and lower lash line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silk Stockings is one of my favorites so I would pair that one with Chocolate Heart or Thalia's Return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, ladies, thank you SO much for your great ideas! I am definitely going to try them out and see what works for me. You all have given me such great suggestions and inspiration--I cannot wait to start playing! I knew I could count on you and you certainly did not let me down. Thanks SO much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Note, Thalia's Return, and Chocolate Heart. I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. well, I bought all those samples and in the end I had the same problem: blank. So, I bought small containers and mixed them all up, making 12 basic shades, with very surprising results! I like pink, red and orange for cheeks and lips, and black, white, brown, beige, blue, greens and purples for the eyes.
    I would use CIRCE on the lid, PERSIAN KITTEN on the brow bone and VERDIGRIS under the eye. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pique + Verdigris +

    Silk Stockings (browbone) +
    Verdigris (lid to crease) +
    Pique (crease/outer V/to line)

    I wanted to have more suggestions, but I got overwhelmed at looking LOL ... can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, thank you ladies so much for the new ideas! I am seriously freaking out at how creative you all are! I cannot wait to start playing around and pick a winning combo!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig