Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More info on the return of Sea Breeze!

Several weeks ago, I posted a news story here on Nouveau Cheap about how the Original Formula Sea Breeze astringent was coming back to stores after many years of being off the market. A lot of you were happy to hear about this, so I'm delighted to tell you that I just received additional information about Original Formula Sea Breeze's triumphant return, and I'm happy to tell you that you can purchase your own bottle at Walmart stores NOW!


BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND…

Iconic Skin Care Brand, Sea Breeze® Announces the Return of

Original Formula and Sensitive Skin Astringents

A trusted skin care brand for over 100 years, Sea Breeze is excited to announce the return of its best-selling astringent formulas, Original Formula Astringent and Sensitive Skin Astringent into the facial care market. Trusted for over a century to “deep clean skin down to the pores” and leave skin refreshingly clean and clear, Sea Breeze is bringing back these iconic deep-cleansing formulas –primarily due to consumer demand – exclusively at Walmart stores.




Originally launched in 1906 as an antiseptic for use on minor cuts and scratches, Sea Breeze was purchased by Bristol-Myers Squibb in 1979 and re-launched as a face cleansing astringent. While Sea Breeze has long been a top brand in the broader U.S. facial cleanser category, the brand’s niche is within the secondary facial cleanser category comprised of astringents and toners. A forerunner in the category, Sea Breeze has maintained top ten facial cleanser brand status for over 20 years and is currently the #2 astringent brand on the market.

Although Original Formula and Sensitive Skin Astringent were updated in 2005 with medicated ingredients to make them more effective acne fighters, consumers missed the original formulas. The ongoing demand for the astringents’ return prompted Idelle Labs, which purchased the brand in 2003, to re-introduce these celebrated, original formulas that deep clean down to the pores with a tingling, refreshing feeling.

* Sea Breeze Original Astringent Formula removes trapped oil, dirt and makeup before they become problems. The tingle tells users that Sea breeze is working as it penetrates deep down to the pores to deep clean skin. A blend of camphor, peppermint, clove and eucalyptus leave skin clean, fresh and healthy.

* Sea Breeze Sensitive Skin Astringent with a special blend of cleansing and softening ingredients like camphor, clove, eucalyptus and glycerin deep cleans to remove trapped oil, dirt and makeup before they become problems. With a tingle that tells users Sea Breeze is working, skin is left looking and feeling clean, fresh and healthy.

To use, wash skin as normal and moisten a cotton pad with Sea Breeze astringent. Smooth over face and neck and repeat with fresh pads until no trace of dirt is left on the pad.

Sea Breeze Original Formula Astringent and Sensitive Skin Astringent will be available beginning in March for $3.97 exclusively at Walmart stores.


So, were you an Original Formula Sea Breeze fan back in the day? Are you excited about its return? As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts! And please stay tuned because I'll definitely post a review once I get a bottle! It's been a long time since I've used it and I can't wait to see how it works now, on my more...mature skin. :)
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Let the burnination begin! This was awful for your skin in the 80's, it will be awful now. Camphor and peppermint? and alcohol? ouchies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan: LOL! Well, like I mentioned in my original post, this product sure has its lovers and...haters. The people who love it had been using it, in some cases, for over 20 years straight, and they were very upset when it was d/c'd. But then there were people who had a bad experience with it back in the day, who will not care one bit about its return! So...all I can say is, to each his/her own! I'll give it a shot, for sure, but then again I remember liking it back in the day. I'm just curious how I'll feel about it now, since my skin is a bit more "delicate". lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this has such a cult following. The 80's were my teen years and my skin was awful. I used Sea Breeze and it made it worse. Sadly my memories of this product are terrible but for those with minor acne to none this would be a great astringent. Thanks for the post. I can point my friend in this direction she loved this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elvira: I totally agree! Definitely a cult-classic and I think this news is going to make a lot of "teens of the 80s" like us VERY happy. :) I'm actually very curious to try it again after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, ingredients like camphor, peppermint, and alcohol irritate the skin. When the skin is irritated, receptors in the pore produce more oil. Not too thrilled about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PCS: Skin is such a tricky thing. While I don't deny that those ingredients can be irritating for some, I can't say that this is the case across the board. When this product was huge in the 80s, I knew a lot of people who swore by it, and I've also heard stories about people using it for 20+ years and swearing their skin never looked as good as when they used the original formula. So, for those people, this is great news. But if you generally don't react well to the ingredients, it might be something you'll want to skip. It's definitely a "your mileage may vary" type of thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember using Sea Breeze, but do you remember 10 o 6 by Bonne Bell? I loved it too! I think they may still make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was at a Sally Beauty supply store and I saw a gallon size bottle of Sea Breeze just in case anyone is interested.

    By the way I love this blog thanks so much!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tropical Mind: OMG, I TOTALLY remember 10 o 6!! I don't think they still make it, but I would LOVE to use it again if I could find it! :)

    Julie: I have heard about the big bottles at Sally, however I don't think it's the original formula. I believe that the original formula is exclusive to Walmart, although I might be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time! lol). And thank you SO much for the kind words about my blog! I really appreciate that, sweetie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sea Breeze is the BEST. It has kept by skin clear since I was in my teens. I am 60 now and it cleans the pores out wonderfully. Put it on a cotton ball and wipe till the cotton ball is clean of makeup then you will know a fresh clean feel on your skin. I ran out and am searching for a store near me that will get it back, out WallyWorld no longer carries it. DARN!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very excited about this. I am a child of the 80's and I used this stuff like crazy. I used it until the "Actives" kind came out and I was so mad! I even wrote the company a letter years ago..and that is when I found out there was a Sea Breeze cult out there! haha!
    I just found out that it was back and picked up two bottles today and couldn't wait until I got home to grab my cotton pad and swipe it all over my face! Yep! It was just like I remembered! I will die if they take it away from us again!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig