Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 1, 2010

An announcement...

First of all, I'd like thank each and every one of you for reading Nouveau Cheap over the past year. You all have brought so much joy into my life...I could never begin to repay you for the wealth of information, insights and opinions that you've shared with me over the past year.

And with that, I wanted to let you know that I've decided to make a change to the theme of Nouveau Cheap, effective immediately. After much thoughtful consideration, I have reached the conclusion that I've taken this budget-beauty theme about as far as it can go. Although I love drugstore makeup and beauty products, I find that my passion is going in another direction these days. So beginning today, the majority of products that I will review on this blog will be department store and high-end products. I hope you're as excited about this change as I am--it might mean saving up some extra funds each month for cosmetics, but we all like to splurge on makeup, right?

I've been working really hard over the past few weeks on the new site and I'd love it if you took a peek...it's not quite done yet but it's getting there. Click here to check out a sneak-peek. And please, honest opinions are much appreciated!

Love,
G. xo
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Wow, you completely got me. And after I had already fallen for Makeupandbeautyblog's trick too! Nice one! I was already imagining life without drugstore reviews, hauls, and updates when I clicked on the link. :) Keep up the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was "Seriously? Department store/high end makeup? She must have won the lottery!" LOL
    You got me and it was a good one! Happy April Fool's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, you would never do that with this blog, lol. I'm not falling for it haha... but good one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rec.-You need to be careful what you do to people-when I read the first part I was almost teary!Then I looked at the post date--you got us good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG U really got me there. I almost thought that you really going to change. I cannot afford any highend products!! And plus what was running through my mine is "Will she still post up those savings from drugstores?" whoo ooh. U really got me. I also forgot today is "April's fool day" Happy April's fool day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute! I really fell for it! I was like whaaa? You already have such a great blog title and stuff. LOL. That was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a dorklehose! LOL

    Jen from Silent Stanzas/Flappers & Flickers ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahahah!!! I cannot TELL you how nervous I was to post this!! Seriously, I thought, "What if no one clicks that link and they all REALLY think I've abandoned my budget-beauty theme??" I was so scared! And then of course I thought, "No one will fall for this...they won't believe that I've suddenly changed everything that I stand for!" lol! I am SOOOO lucky that you all weren't expecting this from me, or else this never would have worked!

    Thank you ALL for being such good sports...I very rarely play April Fool's jokes on people and I can't believe I pulled it off. I love you ladies so much, and please know that I will NEVER change the theme of this blog! Ever! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! That's great! It was hard to imagine you changing mode so quickly, but you DO write in a very convincing manner!

    Happy April Fool's


    http://persistentlypolished.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I've been a longtime reader of your blog but have never posted. After reading this, I was so close to writing and saying NOOOOOOOO!! Love your blog just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally fell for it. I just discovered this blog a couple of months ago. Now it's gone, LOL! Great joke.

    ReplyDelete
  12. omygosh i TOTALLY fell for it.... and i was truly upset! glad i clicked on that link :P

    PLEASE keep it the way it is! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im gonna tell u, u def had got me. i was lookin at tha screen about to cry, I was like nooooo Not Another ONE!!! Thank god it was a joke, b/c my feelins were about to be hurt.LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig