Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, February 26, 2010

Review: Degree Ultra Clear Red Satin

I will happily admit that I'm a long-time Degree deodorant lover. I think I wore Degree Shower Clean for about five years straight in the 90s, and you've heard me rave about the Degree Fine Fragrance Collection several times on this blog. For me, Degree products are just really reliable, they never irritate my skin, and they always seem to smell amazingly fresh and wonderful to me.

So when Degree recently released a new fragrance, Degree Red Satin, I jumped at the chance to try it for review (and keep reading for your chance to get a $1 coupon so that you can try it too!).




First let's talk about this fragrance. If you are a "Shower Clean" lover like me, I think you will adore this one. To me, it's the epitome of fresh and clean, but in the background there's a slight floral note to it that keeps it from veering too far into the unisex catagory.

Funny story: Mr. Recessionista ran out of deodorant recently and, as men are known to do, forgot to purchase a new stick and needed something ASAP before he went to work. So in an early-morning daze, I handed him Degree Red Satin and just said, "use this" and went back to bed. Later that night, we were sitting on the couch and I kept getting whiffs of such a nice, fresh scent. I finally figured out that is was Degree Red Satin, and it wasn't coming from me! LOL! This product lasted Mr. R all day (and night) and even though he said it smelled a "bit too feminine" for him, he managed to pull it off just fine and no one gave him strange looks while he was at work. :)

So yes, I LOVE the fragrance, but that's the not the best part about Degree Red Satin. As the Degree website says, this deodorant is "Little Red Dress Approved" and I have to agree.


Even though it's a white stick, it goes on clear, and I have not experienced one white mark on any of my clothing since using this product. In fact, I tried swiping it on my hand to show you that it goes on clear, but I couldn't photograph it because, well, it was clear! And the finish is powdery, yet silky, which feels very nice on my skin as well. There's definitely no tugging or dragging when you apply this to your underarm area.

If you are someone who, like me, can't wear the clear gel-type anti-perspirants because they sting and/or irritate your skin, I think that Degree Red Satin might be just the ticket for you. It's dependable, it smells fantastic, and it contains skin conditioners for a soft and silky application.

And you can snag a $1 coupon on the Degree site by clicking here.

So, are you a fellow Degree fan? What's your favorite scent from Degree? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I just switched to Degree Ultra Clear. I love the product but I don't really love the scent I bought (Pure Clean) because it smells quite powdery. Maybe I'll try Red Satin next! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Degree/Rexona are great deodorants, they have great power (very importantn for me, given that i'm always running from one side to the other :P ). They had one called Gradual, the soft smell of it joined me during my teen years (and God knows i needed protection).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the $1 coupon ^^

    Also, thanks for your feedback on my bans problem xD I really think I should give it a go. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather: I'm glad to hear you like the product, and I'm sorry to hear that you're not loving the scent. I know what you mean about powdery scents--they're kind of hit or miss for me. I would definitely give Red Satin a shot if you want to try a different fragrance in this line. It's just so fresh and clean to me. :)

    Elena: LOL!! I hear ya! For me, I just can't beat the protection of Degree (and I've tried so many others, believe me!). :)

    Gaby: You are so welcome! I hope you end up liking this as much as I do. :) And you're welcome for the feedback--I think you would love *stunning* with bangs, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for recommending this! I picked up a bottle today while at Walmart and the scent is awesome! I've been a loyal Secret user for years and once they discontinued my favorite kind about 4 years ago, I haven't just loved the new kind they switched to. It works for b.o. and I like the scent, but I don't love that it claims to be clear and no matter how careful I am I sometimes get it on my clothes. You are right about the Degree - I swatched it on my hand and couldn't see it at all. Looking forward to seeing how it performs today. The real test will be at the gym tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TropicalMind: OMG, I am SOOO happy that you liked this scent too! Yay! :D I am hoping that it performs just as well as your old fave, if not better! Please, please, please keep me posted after you go to the gym, ok? xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stuff is really impressing me! This morning I got up and went to the gym. Keep in mind I hadn't taken a shower yet (I did yesterday afternoon) since I was going to the gym. I reapplied the Degree - went to the gym and tanned while I was there too. This stuff is still going strong! It's a keeper! Thanks again for the review =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig