Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, February 5, 2010

The prettiest pastel lilac shade in my nail polish collection...

So I normally don't do back-to-back nail posts, but after removing my Sally Hansen Bubblegum Pink last night, I rummaged around in my stash for another pretty Valentine's Day-inspired color to use and I came across a beauty that I had somehow forgotten about. And I have to share it with you.

If you haven't heard of the brand Tropez, it's a super-affordable drugstore brand geared toward Latina women and it's owned by Markwins (the makers of Wet and Wild and Black Radiance). I am lucky enough to have a full display of Tropez cosmetics at my local Rite Aid, and I looooove their polishes because the colors are vibrant, unique and well, they're as inexpensive as the polishes from Wet n Wild and Black Radiance! [Update: thanks to my wonderful reader, I can now confirm that Tropez Nail Enamel retails for 99 cents per bottle, which is what I paid for this bottle. Their other line of polishes, Tropez Super Pearl Nail Enamel, retails for $1.99 a bottle.]

Tropez Nail Enamel in Blossom

At first glance you might be thinking, "Eh. It's a standard pastel lilac with some shimmer." But no no no. Once you put it on, look what happens:


Do you see all of that gold shimmer that magically appears? THIS is what sets Blossom part from your average pastel lilac shade. It is 100x more gorgeous in person, I tell ya! The baby-fine gold shimmer running through this gives off almost a holographic dual-toned effect that makes this color look like it's glowing from within. It's got this delicate, ethereal quality to it that makes it, BY FAR, my most favorite lilac I have ever seen. I just cannot think of even one other shade in my collection that comes close to this (from the drugstore at least--perhaps there is a high-end color that I'm not aware of that is similar but I'm not a high-end nail gal so I have no clue).


Seriously, if you're a purple nail fan, or a gold nail fan, or a pastel nail fan, or even just a fan of feminine, delicate shades, you owe it to yourself to try and find this little lovely. It will knock your socks off. Pinky swear!

In the above pics I used 1 coat of Orly Bonder Base Coat, 2 coats of Blossom and 1 coat of Sally Hansen DiamondShine Top Coat.

Tropez nail colors are toluene and formaldehyde-free and are available wherever Tropez products are sold.

Do you own any products from Tropez? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I have nail polish from Tropez called "Sassy". It's a glittery top coat I actually use frequently to add some sparkle to nail polish. It's a blend of gold and bronze fine micro glitter. It looks like it's part of your nail polish color as opposed to an obvious chunky glitter top coat. I'm on my second bottle I love it so much. I find really useful when I've been wearing one nail polish color for a few days and I'm too lazy to change the color so I put on "Sassy" to add some dimension and sparkle to the polish. It makes it look a whole new polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this at Rite Aid. The round Tropez polishes are 99 cents. The squarre bottles are $1.99. I've Frankened many of them. This is a gorgeous color on its own, but it's great with glitter added as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that color is GORGEOUS! I have been obsessed to polishes shot with gold shimmer lately, this one looks perfect. Also on a search for a nice strawberry pink with golden shimmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very, very lovely color and brings out the softness of your skin nicely. Great choice!
    I don't have Tropez, it's not available where I live. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog...

    I'm doing a giveaway prize be sure to check it out and get your entry in. xoxo

    www.mzfashioncloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie: Wow, how did I miss "Sassy"? It sounds gorgeous and after your comment, I think I NEED it! Thanks so much! :D

    aquay: Thank you SO much for confirming the prices on these Tropez polishes. You're absolutely right and I'm going to update this post now. Thanks again, and I love your idea about making frankens with these. Sounds fun! :)

    Ariana: Thank you so much! If you love gold shimmer running through polishes, I think you will LOVE this one. Also, a gorgeous strawberry pink with gold (not shimmer but flecks) is China Glaze Strawberry Fields. Have you tried that one? I posted a swatch of it last week. :)

    jo.frougal: Thank you SO much for the sweet compliment! I normally can't do pastel purples but the gold in this one makes it so it works with my yellow-based skin tone. So glad you agree--it's great to have a confirmation that a color you love might actually be a good fit for your skin! :) And I'm so sorry you don't have Tropez near you. That's a bummer. :(

    Dahlia: Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Looks just like a shade I have from Zoya called "Deidra". I haven't worn it yet but it looks like an exact dupe! I have to try this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mz. More: Ooooh, I had no idea there was a Zoya shade close to this! I will definitely have to check that out--I love Zoya (who doesn't, right? lol!). Thanks so much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have to find it, but I dont think anyone carries this brand here (we dont have a rightaid!!) :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely pick up "Sassy." It's one of the very first polishes I Frankened with. Since it's only 99 cents, if you screw up, no big whoop. But it's an awesome gold that kicks up pretty much anything. So when I see it (it's usually sold out at my Rite Aid), I pick up a couple of bottles. Another nice gold glitter to Franken with: Sinful's "Paris" which is $1.99 at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No problem hon. I love Zoya and buy them so frequently that I have a bunch of shades I haven't gotten to yet lol.

    BTW, I am having a giveaway on my blog for one of the products from the new L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Collection. Thought your readers might be interested... Check it out :)

    http://www.theglamorousgleam.com/2010/02/loreal-studio-secrets-professional_06.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beauty Bargainista: Thank you!! I am crossing my fingers that you can find Tropez in your area! Did you check their website for stores near you? :)

    aquay: You totally sealed the deal for me. I'm looking for the next time I'm at Rite Aid (which will be this week, for sure)! And I'll check out that Sinful shade too--I'm a total sucker for Sinful! lol. :)

    Mz. More: Thanks for the heads-up about your giveaway. I will definitely check that out! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig