Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Did Tarte just make the most perfect eyeliner ever created??

Alright. You ladies know that I rarely talk about higher end products here on Nouveau Cheap, but I honestly NEED to share this with you so please read this post if you have a minute, and especially read this if you battle with oily upper or lower lids and smudging/running eyeliner!

Once a week, I scan through the programming on QVC and HSN and set my DVR to record any beauty-related presentations. I rarely buy anything (unless there's an unbelievable deal) but I mostly watch the demos just to get information and stay abreast of trends and new products.

So this morning I finally got around to watching a Tarte presentation from last Saturday night, and literally, my jaw dropped during a specific moment in the presentation. That's when I knew I had to share this with you.

Tarte Clay Pot Eyeliner with Brush
(Currently available exclusively through QVC for $19.97 + $3.97 shipping, available in Black, Bronze and Plum)

From the QVC website:

Infused with micronized clay, and reinforced with a natural waterproofing agent to help create intense, long-lasting, high-definition eyes, this amazing clay shadow/liner gives your eyes the drama they desire. The creamy, dermatologist-tested formula glides on perfectly and precisely every time with the double-ended liner brush. Created without parabens, sodium laurel sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, or phthalates. From tarte.

Sounds pretty good, right? Great natural ingredients and a promise of long-lasting wear. But no, that's not all. During the presentation (which you can view for yourself on the QVC website--click here to view it) Maureen Kelly, the creator of Tarte, did the unthinkable. She demonstrated not only that these liners are waterproof (by pouring water on the model's hand and rubbing with her fingers--and no, it did not budge) but then she poured PURE OLIVE OIL on her own hand (her hand had swatches of all three shades) and she rubbed, and rubbed, and the liners did not move, smudge or run. OLIVE OIL.

If you've got oily skin, you know already know that many so-called long-wear liners just don't always work--especially on your lower lid area. That is the only complaint I have with great liners such as Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliners, which are fabulous on my upper lids but can smudge on my lower lids if I apply too much. Most long-wear liners are built to be removed with an oil-based cleanser, so they just can't withstand an oily lid. But Tarte's Clay Pot Eyeliner is made with white clay from the Amazon, and apparently it CAN withstand oils--even gobs of pure olive oil! Also, according to Maureen, the consistency is creamy and smooth and removes easily with eye makeup remover.

Of course, all three shades in this new collection are now on wait-list status, so you cannot run and grab yourself one ASAP. And as I mentioned earlier, this liner is exclusive to QVC at the moment, so you can't go to Sephora and grab one either. But for around $20 I am seriously considering just getting on QVC's wait-list and impatiently waiting for this to come back in stock. How can I not try this? I mean, the worst that can happen is that it doens't work, and thankfully QVC has a great return policy. But the best that can happen? I finally meet an eyeliner I can wear during a heatwave and not have to worry about checking for racoon eyes ever again. That, my friends, would be worth its weight in gold. And I know I cannot be alone in this!

What do you think of this new eyeliner from Tarte? Are you considering hopping on the wait-list along side me? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Ooo that looks awesome. I think I may wait for the inevitable kit or wait till it comes to a place like sephora that doesn't gouge you for shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that looks really cool. I agree, even Fluidline doesn't stay on my waterline, unless I seal it with some matte black e/s. I have been reading your older blog posts and must say its a breath of fresh air to read about a budget friendly makeup addiction. I'm a loyal follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, if I weren't absolutely OVERSTOCKED with eyeliner right now, I'd have my Visa out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I MUST have this... thanks for the info! I'm alllll over it :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I have no need for any more eyeliner, but the olive oil thing just sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a gel liner brush like that! WANT!

    Or maybe I need to get out more......

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm actually on the same boat looking for the best eyeliner. I seem to have found one that stays on my upper lash line, but like you mentioned, rubs off on the lower lash line.

    so you've got me wanting this too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How does makeup remover take it off if pure olive oil doesn't make it budge? :S

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds awesome! though i'm worried that it would be difficult to remove :-/

    ReplyDelete
  10. so did they mention how you get it off then? what's the best makeup remover for it if olive oil wouldn't even make it budge?? that would be my only hesitation.... let us know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies: Thanks so much for letting me know I'm not alone in my excitement about the possibilities of this new liner! And about removal, the host of QVC said that it easily removes with your regular LONG-WEAR eye makeup remover. I am not sure if I've seen a remover that's specifically for long-wear eye makeup at the drugstore, but I have to say I have never really looked, since my regular remover (CVS generic version of Neutrogena) tends to remove everything for me....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried it (a friend bought it) and I want it, bad. I have put myself on the waitlist. I even had five people who see me all the time ask what I'd done differently b/c my eyes looked amazing. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see this is an old post, so if you still have not gotten it (Knowing you- I bet you did!:) You havvvvvveeeee too! It is AMAZING! I have bronze and I love it so much, hands down the best eyeliner I have ever used. Plus, the brush is sooo soft and it is the only eyeliner brush I will use!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig