Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More important odds 'n' ends (please read)

I very rarely do two Odds 'n' Ends posts within the same month, let alone the same week, but I've got important info to share with you about a variety of things, so please give this a read if you have a moment. Thanks!

1) I have found out from the folks at e.l.f. that the pictures of the display that the awesome Evolving Beauty posted of her local Target (and thanks again for taking the time to post those, Aedd!) are actually NOT the products that we can expect to see at all Target stores in March. It turns out that that particular Target location is one of a few "test" stores, so while that display is very important, it is NOT an indicator as to what the rest of us will see come March. This explains my confusion by some of the products I saw in that display, but it also makes me even more excited about what we WILL see in March at Target stores. And please stay tuned because, as I mentioned at the beginning of this month (click here to see the post), I will have a complete list of the new e.l.f. products for Target in the very near future. PS: Evolving Beauty, I tried again to leave a comment on your blog, to give you a heads-up about this, but your comments don't seem to be working. :(

2) Thanks to my wonderful reader Heather, I have been introduced to the magical powers of SundaySaver.com. If you're looking for weekly sale info for just about every retail chain in America, this is the site for you. Seriously, from Macy's to Kohl's, Fry's to Best Buy, Big Lots to Dollar General, Michael's to JoAnn, this site has got you covered! They even list all major grocery stores too! Huge thanks to Heather for sharing this jewel with us! PS: I have added a new SIDEBAR to the left-hand side of my blog with direct links to this site and the other drugstore weekly sale sites I mentioned yesterday. I hope some of you find that helpful (I sure do!).

3) As I mentioned before, it's not too late to enter Confessions of a Beauty Guru's giveaway for a bottle of Skin MD moisturizer. I've been using this moisturizer myself for over a month and I loooove it (when I finally write my review, I have a feeling it will echo many other bloggers's recent opinions--this stuff really is amazing). So don't miss your chance to snag a free bottle.

4) Another lovely reader of mine, Joanne, just spotted this article about an apparent recall of American Apparel nail polishes. It looks like the problem is related to the fragility of the glass bottle and not the actual polish itself though (whew!). I will try to find out more info and keep you posted. I would hate to return the bottles I own (the colors are just so darned pretty!) so I'm going to wait until I get more info before I consider a refund/exchange.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I stopped in Kmart today and they had the new Wet and Wild display up! They also had the new Milani holo and neon polishes!!! I was too busy grabbing several of the polishes to see if the other holo makeup was there. ha! They had an end cap with ELF things, but it didn't look like anything new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the pics of the elf stuff I was sooo disappointed! I have that same display (minus the sets) at my local Sears. Thanks for the heads' up that this isn't the actual line they're rolling out. Phew!! :) ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Litz: Ooooh, I wish I had a Kmart in my area! They *all* changed over to Sears Essentials stores and Sears' makeup selection sux! I am so jealous! What did you think of the Milanis? :)

    Liz: OMG, which Sears has e.l.f. stuff? Is it a Sears Essential? The ones in my 'hood suck terribly with their makeup selection. And you're so welcome, honey! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a feeling they weren't going to just sell regular e.l.f. products. I'm glad that's being cleared up because I was planning on picking up a few Studio lipsticks. Awesome possum, the plan is still on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I forgot that they cleared out the Kmarts everywhere... a tornado actually wiped ours out year before last and they rebuilt it... go figure!

    The Milani holos are awesome! A little strange... but still pretty. Hard to describe... shimmery/glittery/holo, without the glitter? I've got the gold on now and I can't stop looking at my nails. It's fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. R, AA is exchanging one old bottle for 2 new ones (or a $10 gift card), so you wont be at loss bringing them back in stores. Call your store to learn more

    ReplyDelete
  7. H: WOW, now that is a GREAT deal! I think I'll have to take a little road trip to my nearest AA (it's kind of a drive but now it's worth it)! You're the best for giving me this heads-up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recall may explain why you can't get nail polish from the American Apparel site anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elocina: Yep. If you read that article, it says that they've taken the polish off the site temporarily (and also off the shelves in-store) while they wait for the new batch to come in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Call them first, R, as the new bottles aren't on shelves until next week or so. Lol, yeah yeah I'm the best

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Sears is a Sears Essentials is up in North County, on Carmel Mountain Road up in Rancho Bernardo/PQ area... :(. They don't have any brushes, but they do have the eyeshadow quads, all over color sticks, powders, etc. What you see there. :) I found it by doing a store locator search on elf's website. ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  12. H: lol! You are too humble. And thanks for the info about calling--I read that it would be a while until they restocked so calling first will definitely save me an unnecessary trip. :)

    Liz: Thanks so much for the info! I never even thought about checking the elf site for locations. Duh!! You're a genius! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig