Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, January 18, 2010

Milani to release Avatar-inspired holographic makeup & nail collection


I apologize if you already know about this, but it's breaking news to me so I'm excited to share it with you!

I just discovered that both Milani and Avon are cashing in on the recent success of the film Avatar by releasing products inspired by the film. Read on for the deets!


From BeautyPackaging.com:

Avatar, the blockbuster movie, has sold plenty of tickets, so why not some cosmetics too? Zoe Saldana, star of Avatar, who plays the lead 10-foot fierce blue Na'vi, has partnered with Avon for a new signature fragrance, called Eternal Magic, to debut in April. Avon says their latest spokesperson is the perfect match for the scent which they say embodies timeless
grace, beauty and elegance and leaves a lasting impression.

Also, Milani Cosmetics has unveiled a 3D collection inspired by the science fiction blockbuster Avatar to be released into stores of the American CVS pharmacy chain on February 1.

The company claims its "holographic" makeup line shimmers and reflects light at various angles to make features "pop." A lip gloss is available in eight colors and the nail polish comes in six, including blue for serious Avatar fans. Of course, there's also a blue shade of eyeshadow.

OK, so have any of you seen this new Milani collection yet (in person or in pictures)? Eight holo glosses, six holo nail colors and a special blue eyeshadow? I am so excited! I haven't even seen Avatar but you can bet I'll be headed to CVS on February 1st and returning every day afterward until I find this collection!

What do you think about these Avatar-inspired beauty products?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I guess it's gonna be something like the first Lancome L.U.C.I releases, but affordable. In paler skins they looked like holographic pastels, but in darker skins they looked quite intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena: Please forgive me but I am so behind on my higher-end beauty products. I don't know what Lancome line you're referring to! Sad, I know. But I will be very intrigued if these look like holographic pastels on my lighter skin! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail bloggeres have featured swatches of the 3D holo polishes :-) and they are already in stores. They are pretty but only 1 shade showed up holo. I haven't seen much of the makeup side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. XD! No worries! I just know these lines because of my trips to department stores, figures i'm like a diabetic in Baskin Robbins.

    Anyway, a couple of links so you can check 'em out:

    http://www.lancome.com.mx/img/_db/packshots/b_244019.jpg

    http://www.lancome.com.mx/img/_db/packshots/b_243013.jpg

    http://www.lancome.com.mx/img/_db/packshots/b_20601t.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. H: Well it figures that they're just not in MY cvs locations yet. I have the worst luck with finding new Milani collections. :( Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not so excited about the polishes now, but I still can't wait to see the glosses and e/s. :)

    Elena: LOL! Thank you!!! Where have I been? Those products look super cool--I want to see them in person now. So thanks for the new craving. lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH - how exciting!!!! An AVATAR line :D :D :D!! YEAH I'm excited. I really enjoyed that movie... Zoe Saldana is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait for what she comes out with :)

    My sis might not enjoy makeup but if they are Avatar related - ha ha she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, i really want these! Hope someone might want to do a swap with me around febuary :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting! I can't wait to see. Yeah, my local CVS is very ltd. I never even saw the roulette wheel e/s in my CVS. I hope we get some of the new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the blue lip gloss (along with other colors)and the holographic lip gloss, I just didn't think much about avatar at all...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, You haven't seen Avatar yet? I highly suggest watching it in theaters and if you've got the cash, in 3D! It's my absolute favorite movie at the moment :) Whenever I decide to stop by a drugstore, I'll definitely look for this milani collection just to see the concept. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. ndoodles: I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm just as excited as you are to see these new goodies! xo

    Lillian: I will definitely have to pick some up and review them as soon as I spot them (and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you about that swap!). xo

    1xellus1: I'm sorry you seem to have bad luck with your CVS too. I really wish every CVS location would feature these limited edition collections. :(

    Citrine: So what did you think of the glosses? Did you get any? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rubychopsticks: No, can you believe it? I'm probably like the only person in the US who hasn't seen it yet! lol. Thanks for the rec--I will definitely try to see it while it's still in theaters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't now about this collection, I'll just wait to see but I think the eyeshadow I might get, not a huge fan of lip glosses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm pretty much all over anything Milani, so I know I'll be stalking all the CVS and Rite Aids I know for it!! I've seen the holographic polishes---can't wait to see the eyeshadows!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm excited about the Milani products!
    And I highly recommend going to see Avatar! I just saw it recently (the regular version, I haven't seen it in 3D...yet) and it was amazing!! It totally lived up to the hype imho. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  16. rayqueenbee: I am not a huge gloss fan myself (much more of a liptick girl) but anything holo immediately has my attention. lol! :)

    Mocha Mish Mash: I can't wait for you to spot these in your area! Looking forward to you review if/when you get anything! xo

    Heather: Thanks for the rec! You make it sound incredible and now I want to see it even more! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. get thee to the theatre now! i've seen it twice and would go back to check it out in imax 3d (tix have to be bought in advance)

    can't wait to see this milani collex!

    ReplyDelete
  18. yummy411: OK, that it. This weekend. Promise! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig