Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 21, 2010

CVS clearance info, Rite Aid info and, of course, haul pics

Well I braved the rain this afternoon and went to CVS for a few things, but of course I just had to pop by the beauty section to see if the massive clearance sale is still going (it is, and I found out it won't be ending until all cleranced items are gone). Lucky for me, there are still lots of 75% off products that have yet to be stickered at my local CVS (and if that dear anon reader who hates my blog so much is reading this: they're lagging! Ha ha ha!).

So I finally got my hands on some of the Physicians Formula Organic Wear stuff, specifically the lip glosses! The gorgeous Becky at Everyday Beauty raved about these glosses and as soon as she mentioned them, well, instant lemming! So I snagged the two shades that I thought would work for me (all shades are 75% off, btw) and I also scored some of the blushes. So much of the Organic Wear stuff is on clearance, I didn't even know where to start. But after seeing Becky's most recent CVS haul post, I'm now regretting not getting any of the eyeliners. Man, there's always something!

Anyway, here's what I got:


PF Organic Wear Superfruit Lip Glosses in Super Ginger and Super Spice (retail: $7.99, clearance price: $1.99)


PF Organic Wear Natural Origin Blushes in Natural Organics and Mauve Organics (retail: $13, sale price: $3.25)

And then of course I couldn't resist getting some Revlon Creme Glosses, which I totally missed the last time I was at CVS:


Revlon Creme Glosses in Patent Leather Pink and Slip Into Pink (retail: $9.99, sale price: $2.49)

Next I hit up Rite Aid because, if you remember, I had a $10 Rite Aid gift certificate which I earned by saving my receipts from Christmas. So I knew I wanted two of those new Revlon eyeshadows since they're BOGO free this week. I also got some new lip goodies (hey, they were free so why not?):


Revlon Eyeshadow Singles in Violet Starlet and Nude Slip (retail: $4.99 each but they're BOGO free this week), new Juicy Blooms LipSmacker Lip Gloss in Cherry Blossom ($3.50), and new Soft Lips Pure Organic Lip Conditioner in Acai Berry (retail: $3.99)

Not bad FOR FREE, right? Well actually I went a bit over and had to pay about $3 out of my own pocket, but still.

I will definitely review everything I bought from Rite Aid ASAP, and I'm working on swatching a lot of the CVS clearance stuff (a reader request) and I hope to have the swatches up this weekend.

So...what have you scored at your CVS lately??

PS: My boyfriend is about to get very irritated because he's waiting for me to come down and watch the movie "UP" now (we just got it from Netflix) so I will respond to all comments from yesterday and today first thing in the morning. I looove hearing from you so please comment away! :)
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. LOVE Softlips Pure - I haven't seen it anywhere but Rite Aid though, and that was when I was visiting my parents out of state! (We have like NO Rite Aid here.) I have Chai Tea and it smells sooooo good... waiting to hear what you think of the acai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Softlips!! I really wish that there was a Rite Aid near me so I could get a certificate too..

    And I LOVED the movie "Up"!! I seriously cried during some parts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Soft Lips!! I'm totally going to be looking for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your posts always makes me wanna run out the door and go to cvs :D hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy the movie! i'm a Pixar fanatic.

    it's killing me that i can't step inside CVS without seeing the magic green stickers. i honestly can't fit any more items in my train case, nor do i need anything after spending about 50-60 dollars there in the last few weeks (and saving almost as much!). i've learned to scuttle back to the pharmacy and not look, LOL.

    BUT i love hearing about what you and the other readers have gotten, and i'm really looking forward to your reviews (specially of the Revlon shadows- they intrigue me).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'd love the hear a review about the new Revlon eyeshadows. I saw the ad with Jessica Biel, and no offence but the eyeshadow looks weird to me? Let us know how the products are! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two more CVS to hit up -- we'll see how they go! It seems to me like it's generally the same items across stores with maybe a little variation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beck: I was totally torn between getting this one and the Chai Tea one! Man, you make me think I made the wrong choiee! lol. But I am an Acai freak--I love the berry itself and anything that is scented or flavored like it. So I hope this doesn't let me down. lol. xo

    Katherine: Thank you, sweetie! :)

    Rita: Another Soft Lips fan! Yay! Would you believe that we actually never ended up watching UP last night? lol! We got sucked into watching Lost again on DVD (we're trying to re-watch the entire series before the premiere). So hopefully tonight we'll watch it! :)

    Marie: Yay! I am loving this new organic line so far--the flavors I saw were Acai Berry, Papaya, Peppermint and Chai Tea. Yummy! :)

    Christy: LOL! I'm sorry...I tend to have that affect on a few people, but it's just that I want all of you to get these good bargains right along side me! :)

    beautifulmonday: I looove Pixar too. :) And congrats to you for exhibiting restraint at CVS! That's awesome! I just...I got weak when I saw those PF items but I swear that's it. I'm done with my clearance hauling for the year! lol. :)

    Arezu: OMG, my boyfriend said the same thing when he saw the display with her pic on it. He was like, "Um, she's supposed to make you WANT to buy these products, right? I'm sorry but she looks MESSED UP." lol!!

    PB: I totally agree with everything you said! There is slight variation but pretty much the same stuff everywhere (which is great for me since I'm trying to help as many people as possible!). I would absolutely hate to have everyone saying to me, "My store doesn't have XYZ on clearance. You suck." lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay - I DID get some stuff at CVS. The Milani Sunset duos and the Glimmer Stripes and the HIP Paint from L'Oreal!

    Loving them all at the moment!! Thanks for letting me know. I feel like I should tell my friend b/c I've noticed her using her PF lip gloss a lot (since they're on sale she'll be very interested)... I wonder if she'd care b/c she's not really into make up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ndoodles! Yay!!! I'm so glad you finally got to take advantage of this sale. You got some good stuff! :)

    Also, it's funny that you mentioned your friend, because when I was buying my stuff, the cashier was like, "Oh, these Physicians Formula glosses are one sale? I didn't know because they're not stickered. I don't even wear makeup but I think I might get some of these!" lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig