Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 14, 2009

Spotted at Rite Aid (new Borghese polishes, Revlon clearance sales and more...)

I've got lots of things to tell you in this post so let's get right to it!

First of all, I want to tell you Rite Aid shoppers who are NOT in San Diego that Rite Aid is currently testing out a REWARDS CARD in the San Diego area! I don't know about you, but I LOVE the CVS rewards card, and I've been hoping that Rite Aid would get one, considering how much I shop there!

I've been using my Rite Aid rewards card for about a month now and it's kind of cool that I get to test it before it launches nationally. The Rite Aid rewards card is called the "Wellness+" card and so far I am LOVING it, and let me tell you why (I'm not trying to rub it in--I'm trying to give you something to look forward to!).

As many of you Rite Aid shoppers know, Rite Aid does the usual BOGO sales on their cosmetics every week. They also offer single-check rebates which can help you save cash as well. With the Wellness+ card, Rite Aid offers additional savings (BOGOs and straight percentages off select items IN ADDITION to the usual sales and BOGOs) on a weekly basis, and there is also one more great deal. Every purchase you make at Rite Aid earns you points (I believe it's one point per dollar spent). But if you fill a perscription at Rite Aid, you automatically earn 25 points. And for ever 125 points you accure on your card, you get a one-time shopping pass that's good for 10% off any purchase. But here's the coolest part: once you earn 500 points, you'll receive 10% off ALL purchases for AN ENTIRE YEAR, and you'll also get a certificate for various free health screening like blood glucose, etc. If 10% off EVERY purchase you make for a year doesn't seem like much, consider how you can use this in addition to a BOGO or a clearance item. Every penny counts, right?

[NOTE: I am not guaranteeing that the terms of this program will be exactly the same in your state once the Wellness+ card becomes available. I can only tell you what the terms are for San Diego, where they are currently testing this card, so don't yell at me if your Wellness+ program/terms/sales are different, ok?]

So here are some of the deals that I spotted at my local Rite Aid, that are good ONLY if you have a Wellness+ card (I want to show you these to give you an idea of how these deals vary from the regular Rite Aid sales):



See at the top where it says "With Wellness+ Card"? I have never seen BOGOs for Queen Helene, Jason, Avalon and Alba at Rite Aid before, so it seems that they're stepping up their game with this card, that's for sure!

Here's another one:



Once again, I NEVER see BOGOs for CQ nail polishes! I also spotted Wellness+ deals on Wet n Wild (all products that retail for $3.99 and below are now on sale for 99-cents each) and Aveeno Haircare products are $5.99 (retail: $7.49). There were a ton of other great deals but those were the two that stand out in my memory.

OK, enough about the Wellness+ card for now. Let me just say that when it becomes available in your area, DEFINITELY sign up for it (registration is free, of course).

So I also spotted some other interesting things at Rite Aid today. If you're a fan of the Revlon Beyond Naturals line, get yourself to Rite Aid ASAP because they're blowing out all the concealers, foundations and mascaras! My Rite Aid had them all on clearance for 75% off (what I like to call the "yellow stickers of doom") which means Revlon might be getting rid of this line (but don't quote me on that--it's just a hunch). Also on 75% off clearance were a lot of the Revlon ColorStay eyeshadow quads and Matte Eyeshadow singles.

Rite Aid seems to be stepping up their game in the trial-size beauty products department lately as well, because today I spotted trial size bottles of the much-coveted Sexy Hair Pumpkin Body Wash (can you believe it??) for $1.99 and also Sexy Hair Chocolate Soy Shampoo, which happens to smell amazing. I was super excited to see these trial size bottles because, I don't know about you, but I NEVER find interesting brands or products in the trial size section!

Also, Rite Aid has a new dry shampoo available now! Trust me, I have Rite Aid's entire haircare inventory pretty much memorized at this point, and I have NEVER seen a dry shampoo at Rite Aid before. I snapped a pic:



As you can see, the brand is Psssssst and it retails for $6.49 a can. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Psssssst is a popular product in the UK? Anyway, I'm glad to see a dry shampoo option at Rite Aid!

And now for the best thing I spotted today: A new collection by Borghese which includes NEW nail polish colors!



The collection is called "Fashionista" and, as the display says, these are all NEW shades! Yay! Now don't get too excited about the light shade on the left--it's not a gray, it's a light beige called "Almondine". It's pretty though, for a nude. The one that really stood out for me is in the middle row in the back. I WISH I could remember the name--all I know right now is that it was in Italian and it was two words, something like Bellatara Notte or something like that. Anyway, it's a black duochrome that flashes violet and green. OMG, I looooove it. I tried to snap a pic but it came out pretty crappy (blame the blackberry):



WHY did I not buy this? I don't know, but I think I'm going back tomorrow and getting it (and using my Wellness+ card, of course!).

That's it for now, but as always I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. rite aid has carried Psst for several years, it is usually stocked in a corner of the bottom shelf. it is in most drug stores in the us. It works well, but it is unscented so your hair will still smell dirty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayme: Thanks for the info. I wonder if this is a regional thing. I don't doubt that Rite Aid has carried Psssst in your area for several years, but as far as here in San Diego, I have *never* seen it before, and trust me, I've looked for a dry shampoo at the drugstore for a long time (the only one we have here is available at Sally).

    What a bummer that it's unscented! That's very good to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Pssst anywhere in San Diego either but I do prefer getting dry shampoos that smell like shampoo. I ran out of Klorane and it was the best scented edry shampoo ever. I just wished that it wasn't so expensive and lasted longer... *sigh*

    I'm loving the benefits that come with the Wellness+ card but I don't think I shop there enough to really make it count. The only Rite Aid I usually go to is the one in Linda Vista and I'm only there once a month.

    Oh but I did do some hauling at the Dollar Tree today. Lots of Maybelline, LA Girl, and Cover Girl :) I bought a bad mascara though but I braved a test befre tossing it. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, your posts on Rite Aid always make me sad, because there isn't one within HOURS of where I live :( lol. The card sounds really cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I will make an effort to stop by Rite Aid this week, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shela: Thanks for confirming the no dry shampoos in SD drugstores. I look for 'em all the time but I never see them anywhere but Sally. Have you tried the dry shampoo at Sally? It might be a more economical alternative for you than the Klorane, which I know is $$$. Congrats on the DT haul! Yay! But I'm sorry about the mascara...knock on wood, I have yet to get a bad product at DT but I can totally see how that can happen. :( xo

    Sandi, I am so sorry! But look at it this way--when you ARE in that area, you'll have something extra to look forward to, right? And than you can tell ME about all the fab new products you spot! :) xo

    Kitty: Yay! I would love to know what you find when you make it to your Rite Aid. Good luck and I hope you spot lots of new goodies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psssssst was marketed in the US when I was a kid (late 60's, maybe 1970?) I remember my mom and her friends trying it out. It disappeared for years, I've seen it off and on in Walgreen's.

    Have you tried the Psssssst? My mom and her friends had mixed opinions back when it was a new product. If I remember correctly, it worked best for blondes (back then).

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rite Aid? CVS?
    It means nothing to me, my dear, but I always love reading your posts anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember Psst from the 60's, it always left white powder in my hair that I could never get quite out. This was in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  10. there's no dry shampoo by the name os pssssst in the uk :) so its definately not a popular product here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved my DT haul. I bought 3 Maybelline lipglosses that were worth the money so I'm not so disappointed. The mascara wasn't "bad" in terms of quality but it had a terrible odor and I'm guessing it's because it has expired...? I liked the formula though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meg! OMG, you're right!! It's all coming back to me now!! This was one of the very first dry shampoos I ever saw in stores! Wow, I wonder if the formula has improved since back then, because I think I remember it turning people's hair white! In fact, I think I used it once when I was a kid and I was petrified thinking that my hair had turned permanently white! lol. Wow, I might have to get a can now, just out of curiosity (and nostalgia). Thank you so much for the reminder--I would have never remembered that if it weren't for your comment! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. PP: lol! Why thank you, my sweet! It's funny because whenever I see something referenced on your blog or any of the UK beauty blogs I follow, even I don't know what the heck you're talking about, I love reading it and I'm always coming back for more. It's one big love-fest with us, isn't it? lol! xo

    Dee: Thank you!! I don't know if you saw my response to Meg's comment (above) but I TOTALLY remember this now, and I think it turned my hair white as well. lol. I am so curious if the formula's the same today as back then. They HAD to improve it by now, don't you think? lol. xo

    Shela: Yeah honey, I knew exactly what you meant. Unfortunately, I have heard of that happening to other people. :( I'm just lucky it hasn't happened to me yet, but it's always in the back of my mind if I'm buying something that I KNOW has been discontinued for a while. I wish you could see the exp date on those things but it's always covered up in the packaging, right? I'm sorry you had to go through that, honey. No fun. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kay: Thank you so much for confirming that for me. You're the best! :) My memory was fuzzy before but now, thanks to you and the others who commented, I remember that this brand was quite popular during the 60s and 70s here in the US, but then it disappeared for years and now it's back. Interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. First,very Happy belated Birthday wishes!Have you ever tried CQ polishes?Always look at these & wonder what they are like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Michelle! Why thank you, sweetheart! :) I own a few CQs and I have to say they are hit or miss. The ones that work REALLY work (great staying power, easy to apply) but there are a few stinkers in the line (super sheer and streaky). You really need to pick and choose wisely but if you find one that works, you'll love it. Hope that helps! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig