Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Spotted at CVS: New Sally Hansen Color Quick Nail Color Pen collection and EoB goodies

Just a quick drugstore report for you tonight:

I was at a local CVS today and spotted a new collection of Color Quick Nail Color Pens and guess what? They're chromes!





It's kind of hard to see but the colors are silver, gold, green, blue light pink, purple and dark pink. I haven't even tried the regular shades of these yet, but now I really would like to try these chromes (although $8.49 each seems a BIT high for these, don't you think?). Have you used these pens before? What do you think of them? The only nail polish pen I've ever used is the Nicole by OPI pen, Nic's Sticks, and I really, really didn't care for it. It deposited way too much color with each stroke and it was impossible to control.

I also spotted these new, fun little Essence of Beauty Air Fresheners for your car ($1.99):



These look kind of fun but I wish you got at least two for the price. I do love their Citrus Coconut scent though, so I might end up trying one in my car.

So that's my short and sweet drugstore report for today--as always I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Bought the pink chrome over Thanksgiving, has more of a pink/violet tint to it. Went on smoothly and evenly deposited color. Staying power wasn't great, nor was the incomplete mani I performed sans base or topcoat. Pricey, but not with a CVS gift card and bonus cash. I have several colors in the same shade so I guess I'm up to my old tricks. Want something quick to throw on before a last minute night out? These might work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need to leave the house to browse cvs, I've got you! haha.

    I've tried one in light pink. It was too sheer and I remember it not working right. Maybe you'll have better luck with the chrome ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suz--so...hum...I don't know what to think after reading your mini-review. It seems like they're convenient but maybe not a must-have? Thanks for the great info, as always. xo

    Stephanie: You are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words and for the info about the Sally nail pen you own. I think I'm sort of on the fence about these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. citrus coconut is my fav EOB scent...i recommend to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tiff! Oh, it's lovely, isn't it? That's why I think I might want this for my car. lol. It's not enough to just wear it on my skin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got one of the pink ones with help from a $5 coupon they sent me for complimenting their nail art pens (LOVE those pens!). I was a little disappointed. The brush wasn't all that hot, it has a very strange consistancy, and it makes every little ridge on your nails stand out. Dries really fast though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ended up finding a bunch of them in the 99cent stores... I haven't used them much - wondered if they ever really caught on... Love, love love your blog! It's becoming a true reference for me in knowing what is new and out there!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig