Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 26, 2009

Guess what came in the mail today? My American Apparel Nail Polishes!

If you read this post, then you know that I was super excited about the release of the new American Apparel nail polishes. Knowing that I wasn't going to get myself into an American Apparel store anytime soon, I decided to go for it and place an online order right before Christmas. I haven't treated myself to anything luxurious in a looong time, so why not, right? I picked up three shades and used a 10% code, and I decided to use the slowest shipping method possible so that I'd only have to pay $5 for shipping (the website says it will take 7-12 days to arrive using their cheapest method). When all was said and done, I got three polishes ($6 each) and paid $23 total with tax and shipping (I saved about $2 using the 10% off code). Not bad since I was already considering this a "luxury" purchase for myself. It's sad that paying 20 bucks for three nail polishes is a serious luxury for me, but that's a whole different story. :)

Well I sure was surprised when I got my order in the mail TODAY! I ordered on 12/21 so if you don't count the holiday, it took 4 days to get to me (granted, they're in L.A. and I'm in San Diego, which is only a 2-hour car drive, but still!).

Here's what I got:







I'm already obsessed with all three of these, I tell you! I am on a seeerious creme kick right now (I don't know why but I'm just not drawn to shimmers lately). So it's a good thing for me that ALL of the American Apparel polishes are cremes.

And since I know a lot of you are into the gray-browns like Metro Chic and You Don't Know Jacques!, I am posting Mouse next to my You Don't Know Jacques! dupe, Sally Hansen Commander in Chic:



See, Mouse really IS the color of a mouse! I loooove. It's lighter than Commander in Chic and it doesn't have that purple undertone to it at all. I cannot WAIT to put it on.

I will test these out this week and post a review of the brush, consistency and staying power as soon as I've tried them.

In the meantime, do you plan to pick up any American Apparel polishes or are you waiting for the reviews to roll in first? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've heard that these are amazing! Hope they work out well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna make the trip to a store last week but decided to wait for your thoughts. Can't wait to see how they hold up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely picked some great colors! Can't wait for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! Nice to hear from you! How have you been, sweetie? I'm glad to know you have heard good things about these--so far so good (it's been less than 24 hours though, so we'll see!). xo

    Stephanie: I am honored that you'd wait to hear my thoughts before making a purchase! I hope I don't let you down. :) I'll post by the end of the week! xo

    Fashionista 911: Thank you!! I decided to apply Hunter first, because, well, I'm obsessed with dark greens and I just had to know what it was like. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I need mouse in my life *googles like mad*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm afraid you DO need Mouse in your life. It is freaking unbelievable, I tell you! (Sorry for the enabling but I can't help it). xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GREAT colors - can't wait to see them in action :) pls post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Gloria! Thank you, sweetie! It was soooo hard limited my choices down to three shades, but I just didn't want to go overboard in case they aren't so great, you know? Review will be up shortly! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig