Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 5, 2009

Essence of Beauty Champagne Celebrations Lipgloss Collection



There's just no denying that I'm a sucker for Essence of Beauty's bath and body line, and especially their lip products (click here for my last moment of weakness). They really know how to package their lip products in a way that is totally irresistible to me. I mean, I'm not even a lipgloss person, really (I always lean more toward lipsticks) but EoB gets me every time.

So when I walked into my local CVS the other day and spotted these lovelies, I knew that one of them had to be mine:



These new dual-ended lip wands come in four champagne-cocktail-inspired flavors: Mimosa Bellini, Peach Bellini, Raspberry Bellini and Strawberry Bellini (retail: $5.99).



You're probably saying to yourself, "Big whoop. Sheer yellow, peach, purple and pink glosses." But no. You have GOT to see these in person, I tell you. They are sheer, tinted glosses, yes, but there is also a super-fine iridescent micro-glitter to these glosses that makes them delicately subtle, yet unbelievably pretty in person. There's something about this combo of sheer, colored gloss with suspended ultra-fine irridescent glitter that totally hypnotizes me!

After standing in the aisle trapped in indecision for about 15 minutes, I finally decided to purchase Peach Bellini, and I am so glad I did. Let's take a look:





It was incredibly difficult to capture the beauty of this gloss in a photo. What you can't really see in the above pic is that the iridescent micro-glitter is actually multi-colored. It is absolutely stunning in the tube.



So what does it look like when you open this gloss?


The colored end has a wand applicator and the gloss smells like peach liqueur.


And surprise! The clear end has a roller ball applicator. And, to my nose, it smells like a cross between champagne and grape Kool-Aid.



So let's get to the glosses themselves. Here's where I become confused. Usually I think it's silly for a lip product to have directions. Who doesn't know how to swipe a gloss on their lips, right? But with this product, I sort of wish it told me what to do. Do I put on the peach gloss first and top it with the clear gloss? That seems like the obvious way to go, but here's the funny part: the peach gloss has flavoring (it actually tastes like peach liqueur) but the clear gloss only has fragrance, no flavor! So if I were to layer the peach with the clear, it would obliterate the fun flavor! I'm actually still totally confused as to how to use these together, so I've decided that I'm only going to use them separately. Plus, they look much better on their own than they do layered.

How's the consistency of the peach gloss? It reminds me of a Bonne Bell wand gloss. Pretty average but very lovely-looking on the lips (I could not capture the look of it on my lips in a picture--sorry). I really can't see the peach tint on my lips, but that doesn't surprise me because it's so sheer. I will say though, that the irridescent micro-glitter leaves a pretty, subtle sparkle on the lips.

How's the consistency of the clear gloss? It totally reminds me of old school Maybelline Kissing Potion! It's got a thin consistency, which is a necessity for the roller ball to work. And it gives a very pretty shine to the lips. The only thing I'm bummed about is the absense of flavor. I really wish the taste matched the fun scent.

So is this gloss worth your $5.99? If you like the look of subtle, sparkly, glossy lips, then I'd say yes. And if you're the type of person who is drawn to fun packaging and sweet, fruity smells, then I think you should definitely check these out.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Maybe they are not meant to be used together, R :-) Just a convenience of packaging

    ReplyDelete
  2. H, I totally agree. I am convinced now that these are not meant to be used in tandem. I should have just asked you first. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha just read that comment above! (I so would have never figured that out either).

    This sounds great! I'll have to be checking out my CVS soon!

    I wish it tinted a bit on the lips though, but I bet it would be insanely beautiful over a nude lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rai--I think these are brand new. At my CVS, the display was fully stocked and there were no glosses missing, so I think I was the first to buy one. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHWING!

    SOLD!

    Before you even actually said it, I was thinking that the gloss reminds me a LOT in color to a Bonne Bell gloss I had once. It was a birthday gemstone gloss for my August b-day w/ a green rhinestone to look like peridot (srsly why'd we get stuck with peridot??) and it smelled like heavenly PEACH.

    I need this. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an enabler now, R. The glosses will sell very well :-)

    This reminded me of some glosses I bought in the past where one end was a sheer pink and the other end was clear. I used them together and got nothing, lol But they are convenient to carry around, 2-in-1 to pair up with your lipstick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyson! OMG, if you're sold based on these pics, you have GOT to see these in person. The colors, combined with the micro-glitter, are just so stunning! Please post a review if/when you get one? xo

    H, you crack me up! :) And you're right--there are so convenient to carry around since they give you lots of options. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I bought one of these too. Rasperberry Bellini. Have not tried but am looking forward to it! I blame you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sweetie, just wanted to let you all know that the roller ball end is not a lippie, but a perfume. That is why you are not seeing results on your lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. MCL: I'm sorry to break this to you, but that's actually not true. Look at the display pics in this post again. As you can see, it says "Dual Ended Lip Wands". Nowhere on the display does it mention "fragrance", and trust me, if this was supposed to be a perfume, they would make that VERY clear on both the display and packaging, otherwise people could get very sick if they thought it was lip gloss and applied it to their lips.

    And if that's not enough proof, I just looked at the ingredients on my tube of Peach Bellini, and it says: "INGREDIENTS: POLYBUTENE, ISODODECANE, FLAVOR."

    I don't think they'd add "flavor" to a perfume. lol!

    Hope that helps clear up any confusion, but of course if this works for you as perfume, there's no harm in rubbing it on your wrists, I'm sure, since it's safe for lips. Although, I just tried rubbing a dab of it on my wrist and it's very sticky (not like a perfume roll-on at all). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah I found out the hard way it's not perfume when I applied the roll-on side to my wrists & it stayed gooey. I knew the yellow glittery side is lip-gloss right away. However, idk it has a yummy flavor to boot & I'm so luv'n it. <3

      Delete
  11. Ahhh!!! This was an absolute favorite </3 But it was discontinued and I cannot find it anywhere :( Anyone know any lip glosses like this or if I've been mistaken and I could find it somewhere online?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cant find these Anyone know where i can find it again?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig