Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 16, 2009

What makes me smile?

I was just given this adorable blog award by the sweet and lovely kelliegonzo from Also Known As...



Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kellie!!!

I am a sucker for anything that makes people smile (who doesn't love spreading happiness?) so I'm honored to partake in the rules for receiving this award:
Rules:
  • You have to put in a song that makes you happy.
  • You can tag as many people as you like, there is no limit.
  • Say at least one thing about each blog you tag, that will make them smile, something nice about their blog that makes you smile when you read it!
First, here's a song that *always* makes me happy because it takes me right back to being 14 years old and OMG how I wanted to be her. I had the tank top, the black scarf for my hair, and I bought my first tube of red Wet n Wild lipstick to try and copy her makeup look, which you can see clearly see at the 0:57 mark. :)



As for who I'm tagging, I welcome all the wonderful, beautiful bloggers who are reading this to reply. But I would like to mention a few blogs that always manage to make me smile:

Caramel Diva at Music Trends Makeup and More. Whether it's her "Snack of the Day", her favorite music clips or her favorite eyeshadows, Caramel Diva's adorable posts always manage to put a little smile on my face (oh and how could I forget the pictures of her parties? I promise you that one day, I will crash one of those parties, CD!). :)

Amber at Beauty Junkies Unite. Oh Amber, whenever I go on your blog I always think to myself, "This is what my blog wants to be when it grows up." lol! From her eloquent, personal writing style to her professional-grade photography, Amber's blog always makes me smile for being so clean, so accessible and so utterly professional. Plus, she often features reviews of products that I can only dream of owning, so reading her reviews is really the next best thing to buying the product myself. :)

Phyrra at Fresco Phyrra. Is there another blogger who can rock color the way Phyrra can? I think not! Just going on her blog for a minute or two will surely put a smile on your face. Phyrra artfully uses mineral makeup in a way that is not only creative but stunning. I just don't get how someone can be this creative, every single day! Phyrra, your blog is a constant source of inspiration for me to get more color in my life. :)

Halifax at Sparkled Beauty. Now what would our fellow beauty junkies to the north do without dear, sweet Halifax? She keeps her fellow Canadians informed of all the latest deals in beauty, plus she never forgets her US girls by also including US-exclusive deals and sales in her informative posts. Halifax, I don't know how you do it but you manage to hear of all the deals and sales first, and that definitely brings a smile to my face. :)

Anthony at The ART and SCIENCE of [beauty]. Oh Anthony, where do I begin? For being just 19, Anthony entered the female-dominated world of beauty blogging and really made a name for himself in a short amount of time. His blog is all about haircare and I love that he reviews both higher-end products and drugstore products as well. His writing style always puts a smile on my face and if you follow him on Twitter, you know that his tweets can put a smile on your face as well. :)
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. OMG! Thank you SO much! Those have to be some of the SWEETEST things anyone has ever said about me :) You definitely made me smile!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad I can bring a smile to your day:)...I love reading your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will leave me smiling all week!!!

    I love you! I'm so happy you picked me, you're so sweet! It's people like you that keep me going. I always enjoy reading your blog, and I'm so glad you enjoy reading mine. I love that even if no one else comments a post of mine, I can usually always count on you!

    You were one of my first followers, back when I had like two posts lol! I'll always remember that. Hopefully someday I'll have as many as you! <3 <3

    XOXOXOXO -Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also bought my first (and only?) tube of WnW red lipstick at 14, though mine was inspired by Gwen Stefani. Must be something about that age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, R. If I could send this award back to you, I would, as you always make me smile with either your posts here or your comments on my blog. Talking about sweet, you should get like 10 of this award :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amber! Wow, you are so welcome! :) I just call 'em as I see 'em! xoxo

    Hey CD! You're so welcome. Keep up the great work, ok? xo

    Anthony! Are you *trying* to make me cry? lol! You know I adore you and I spotted something special about you from the very beginning. It makes me so proud to see your blog grow like it has, and you know I'll always support you however I can. xo


    Papaya Bunny! That is too funny! Madonna and Gwen...both amazing red-lipstick-wearers! We couldn't have had better makeup inspiration, and thank goodness for WnW! :) xo

    Halifax, you are just too sweet for saying that! I wish I could give you a big hug right now. :) You're the best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!
    You are so kind with your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Phyrra! You are so welcome!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig