Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 9, 2009

Drugstore Report: Tons of new nail products, limited edition holiday products and other goodies (pic heavy)

If you live near a Rite-Aid, you've got to take a little trip soon. There is so much new stuff out there right now it'll make you giddy (it made me giddy so I'm assuming, if you're reading this, it'll make you giddy too).

I stopped at my lucky Rite-Aid tonight to pick up some Halloween candy but I never expected to stumble upon all these new products!

First of all, I've figured out how Rite-Aid operates when it comes to their counter and shelf displays. At the end of each season, they reduce everything to 50% off the retail price to make way for new displays. Since most of these display items are for limited edition items, they can't stick them in with the permanent collections so...they have to get ride of 'em. Lucky for me, my Rite-Aid had these little lovelies all 50% off today:

(click on any image to super-size and apologies for the grainy pics--they were taken with my Blackberry)





These Limited Edition Sally Hansen Diamond 12-Hr Lip Treatment glosses were regularly $6.25, reduced to $3.12! I seriously had my eye on these all summer long but never caved and made a purchase. I wanted to get one of each shade tonight, but I settled for "Be Dazzled" which is a pretty maraschino cherry red with gold shimmer.

Also, the Prestige Skin Loving Minerals display was on clearance so I bought a Fresh Glow Mineral Blush in "Peach". These are regularly $7.95 and I paid $3.97. Seriously, I LOVE these blushes (click here for my review) so this totally made my day. When I first saw this display back in July, I thought this shade would be too light for me. But at $3.97, it's worth a shot because these blushes totally rock.


Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Baked Blush in "Peach"

On to the new stuff! First are some products that I have NEVER seen at Rite-Aid before:


I know. WHAT? Somewhere besides Walgreens now carries Sinful Colors? Awesome.

And speaking of seeing crazy things at Rite-Aid, check this out:


Crazy times two! L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer...at Rite-Aid?? All I've got to say is, Rite-Aid is really stepping it up with their selection these days!

Next we have a new Prestige mascara called "My Blackest Lashes":



I am a big fan of Prestige "My Biggest Lashes" (click here for my original review) but I'm not sure if the promise of darker lashes is really going to sway me to try this one. Carbon black mascaras are so trendy right now, and this one comes with a free black eyeliner (which is dual-ended with a smudge sponge tip for the smokey eye look) so maybe I might change my mind. It's a pretty good deal for $6.50.

I also spotted these limited edition nail color displays from Sally Hansen, Wet n Wild and Borghese:



This is a limited edition HD Nail Color and Lip Inflation Extreme HD lipgloss collection. As you can see, the best color in the nail polishes was already sold out (a very cool-looking silver/gray with little HD "particles" that is illustrated in the picture on the display) and the glosses look gorgeous up close (they look like they've got the same type of light-refracting particles that the polishes have).



This is the Wet n Wild "Festive Flirt" holiday collection of nail colors. This is pretty much your standard golds, silvers and jewel-tones but I love the display and of course these limited edition bottles are so small and cute at just $1.99 a piece.







And here's the Borghese "Festivo" holiday collection which features, again, your standard gold, silver and jewel-toned shades. I really like that deep amethyst cream though.



And last but certainly not least, here is a new collection of nail polishes that I have never seen or heard of before called "Lay It On Me". These are made by a company called Blue Cross Beauty (whose website is currently under construction) and here's the gimmick: There are three layers of color in each bottle and as the display states: "Do not shake! Just dip and apply for a surprise color and a very special effect!"

Now, if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, then you know I had to buy one of these. I mean, how could I not? I'm doing it for YOU, people! I know you need to know if these work, right? lol!

The shade(s) I bought is called "Lay It On Me Ra" (I don't really get that but whatever):



Although the top shade looks like orange in this picture, I assure you that in real life it is a bright, neon pink. Also, all three colors in my bottle are creams, but I did see some that had two layers of cream shades with one shimmer. In retrospect, I probably should have picked up the one with the neon pink cream on top, black cream in the middle and purple shimmer on the bottom, but I'm a sucker for blues so there you have it.

I know, I'm holding you all in suspense, but I won't be trying "Lay It On Me" until tomorrow morning. So check back tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I'll have my review posted (if you're curious).

In the meantime, have you seen or purchased any of these new products?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Lay It On Me is similar to Claire's 3-in-1 polishes. Normally the shade on top is what the colour would look like on your nails after painting, so I don't know you'll be able to see much blue :-)

    Great to know they have more brands for your shopping pleasure, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those at TJ Maxx lol. I think they're fairly new... I could be wrong though. I can't be bothered with nails lol! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few days ago while browsing my London Drugs, I notice a selection of Prestige's cosmetic was on sale! For some reason my brain mal-function that day and I decided to not (can you believe it!?) NOT buy the blush & eyeshadow. Today I went again and it was back at full price (x.X)

    Plus I still haven't seen the WnW items here :( I was really looking forward to the Lip Shimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased the Sally Hansen Diamond Shine 12 hour lipgloss at a local grocery store and was really impressed! Love the lasting power, that it's not toooo sticky, that it IS moisturizing... I just wish it were a bit more pigmented! I would definitely ladies to pick up a few if you see them on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Halifax! OK, I seriously need to hit up a Claire's and see what's going on over there. I heard they also carry NYX? I haven't been in Claire's in a long time and the last time I was there I was helping a 5-yr-old buy a necklace and I didn't notice any beauty products at all! lol. Thanks for the tip. xo

    Hey Anthony! Seriously, at TJ Maxx? You are cracking me up--you can't be bothered with nails yet you know your products! Such the well-rounded student! xo :)

    Hi Fay! Regarding that Prestige sale: Don't ever let that happen again! lol! Next time you see those blushes and e/s on sale, seriously consider making a purchase--I don't think you'll regret it. lol. I'm sorry you haven't seen the WnW stuff yet--it should be in your stores by the end of the year (fingers crossed). xo

    Hey Marilyn! I totally agree on every point you made about these glosses. I wore mine all night last night and my lips are so soft this am. BUT, I too, wish they were a tad more pigmented. Oh well...still a good deal for 3 bucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never seen anything like Lay It On Me. It looks cool but I'd be intimadated to use it lol.

    Yeah nyx rocks they have pretty good sales all the time.

    By the way, you are too sweet. I need to work on my blog roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also saw polishes like these at Claire's. It would drive me crazy trying not to shake the bottle! I'm eager to see what it looks like! Oh, and speaking of finding makeup in unexpected places...I found elf products in Mandee

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh!! I'm interested! I hope it does give a cool color and not a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That polish really makes me think it'll start off nice and in the end be a muddy brown.

    I have used the LA colors art decos, but I'd imagine they're more than $1 at rite aide. They do seem to be slightly hit or miss at dollar tree's though -- one doesn't have one and the other does. I wrote about them a while back and I think that they're great for extending a manicure that's started to chip or have tip wear, but I wouldn't use them on a fresh manicure because I've found them to be too bumpy/likely to chip.

    I might have to make a mall trip next weekend if Claire's does sell NYX though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Becky! Oh believe me, I was intimidated too, but I decided to go for it because it's only $3.99 and since I got it at Rite-Aid, I can return it if it's a big bust. I'm actually about to post my review of it in a few minutes so you'll see how it all ended up. lol. :)

    Hey giz89! I must confess I never even heard of Mandee before your post. lol. I just looked them up and I love how they sell the e.l.f. bath and body stuff! Also, they have a Kleancolor mascara that looks interesting, as well as some pretty shades of nail polish. Great find! Thanks. xo

    Hey ndoodles! I'm about to post my review so stay tuned for how it all turned out. lol. :)

    Hey Papaya Bunny! Are you psychic? Just wait...I'm about to post my review of that layered polish in a few seconds. lol.

    Also, I agree about the Art Deco polishes. I posted a while ago about the ones I was able to find at my Dollar Tree (they have a TON of shades) but other Dollar Trees don't carry the line at all. Weird. Also, I haven't used all the colors I bought yet but I agree that they're hit or miss. Some are really thick and would chip easily, while others are thinner (the glitters especially) and seem like they'd last a lost longer. Keep me posted on Claires? Thanks hon! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig