Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Holy Moly! Check out my Fresh & Easy haul!

If you don't have a Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market in your area, it probably means you don't reside in California, Nevada, or Arizona. And for that, I'm very, very sorry.

For those of you who have never heard of this grocery store before, I can sum it up in a few sentences. Fresh & Easy is owned by the British retailer, Tesco, and their stores focus on food that's, well, fresh and easy (they also carry lots of fun UK products because of their parent company. Love that!). All of their pre-made foods (dinners, salad dressings, dips, salads, bakery items, etc.) are made without any preservatives or artificial colorings, and everything I've ever purchased from this store has been absolutely deeee-lish-us. Not to mention that their food is ridiculously inexpensive (a large carton of cherry tomatoes will set you back a whopping 99 cents) and you can get yummy items like a tub of crumbled goat cheese for $1.99 (usually around $4 everywhere else). Also, I LOVE how they source their products locally whenever possible, and I admire their dedication to being one of the greenest grocery store chains around. Their main distribution center is solar-powered, and when they move into an existing building in a community, they make it a goal to install energy-saving lighting fixtures, they keep their parking lots impeccably clean, they promote recycling and they're just all-around good neighbors.

Which brings me to their clearance section. Ladies, I'm telling you that you have never seen a clearance section so good. It's always chalk full of wonderful items, all slashed to either 50 or 75% their already-low retail prices. In addition to the Pepperidge Farm Mint Milanos I bought today for 89 cents (still trying to figure out how these made their way into my cart. lol!) I also SCORED in the way of beauty products. Check this out:


The retail price of Burt's Bees Hand Salve (which is also great for the feet) is $8.99 at Walgreens. How much did I pay at Fresh & Easy? $3.99. Yay! But that's not all:


We all know that Garnier skincare costs anywhere from $7 for the cleansers to about $20 for the moisture creams. Guess how much I paid for all four of these items? $24! Yep, they were all reduced to $5.99 a piece. Seriously, I bought multiples of the Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream for my mom, who loves this stuff, because she's been paying $17.99 for it at Rite-Aid. $5.99? That's just ridiculous!

So anyway, if you reside in CA, AZ or NV, you must get yourself to a Fresh & Easy as soon as you can to take advantage of their great deals on food AND beauty!

Do you already shop at Fresh & Easy? Tell me about the bargains you've found!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I went to Fresh & Easy for the first time today -- my clearance section wasn't so wonderful. Nice finds!

    Here's a helpful link, though:
    http://www.freshandeasy.com/Sep7_LaborDay_email.aspx

    $10 off a $50 purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reside in California but Ive never seen Fresh and Easy. You made it sound so exciting. Im gonna google it later.

    I love goat cheese and those milano cookies are very addicting. I would buy a whole bunch if they were always that cheap ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. the chain sounds amazing. sadly, i live in Philly.
    though, my bestie lives in AZ and when she first told me about this store i cracked up at the name. it sort of conjured up a hussy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. though, we have a Pepperidge Farms outlet not a mile away....most dangerous....cheap Milanos is many flavours as well as cookies, breads, Goldfish, and frozen food.

    i try to go less than once a quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I WANT THAT GROCERY STORE IN MY TOWN, YESTERDAY. :-{ I live in BFE Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kathleen! Oh I'm so glad you have one in your area! Just FYI, there are two clearance sections in most stores. There's one in the refrigerator section (lots of good deals on bakery items and salads there) and there's also one near the baking supply aisle (that's where I find the beauty products). And thanks for the coupon--that's the exact one I used yesterday. What a deal, huh?

    PS: I'd love to know you tried (food, that is). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Becky! Definitely check out the link in this post for store locations. You've got to check this store out if it's not too far of a drive for you! :)

    Hey beautifulmonday! OMG, a Pepperidge Farm outlet less than a mile away? That would be daaaaaangerous for a carb-lover like myself! lol :)

    Hey femputer! I'm so sorry that you don't have this chain in your state. :( But if it's any consolation, there's a beauty supply store in OK that OlderGirlBeauty (in my blogroll) always talks about...they have amazing deals and we don't have that chain in Cali. I wish I could remember the name, but anyway, it sounds awesome! So we're even. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually "dumpster dive" the food sale section and will come up with good bargain for the lunch and dinner the following day. I haven't checked out the non-food products as much. Now I will. :)

    A fan of F&E? So am I...so much so I have a blog. http://templeoffreshandeasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, OakMonster! I just subscribed to your blog. It's AMAZING! Thank you so much for stopping by. And definitely check out that non-food and dry food clearance section! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I am so bummed right now. The only Fresh & Easy in my area is FOR SUCK and I am not kidding. I know the idea is that it's a small neighborhood market that you can grab what you need and get out quick-- but seriously, mine is just flat empty. As in-- the shelves in all the cold cases always look like a ghost town! I've given it a few chances and the employees and the manager must be asleep in the break room for their shifts because nothing is ever stocked! I hear amazing things from people about other locations and I'm insanely jealous! First it was your drugstores, now it's your F&E that rocks? I gotta get out of this place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amber! I am so so so sorry that your location isn't as great as it *should* be. I wonder what's going on with that because the two locations in my area both totally rock. :( Is there another location that you can visit without having to drive way out of your way? xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fresh and easy! Fresh and Easy and trader joes are my favorite grocery stores. Trader Joes has awesome and cheap hygiene products. I'm a big fan of their shampoos, there's a citrus one that makes my hair smell like a grove of orange trees! They also have cheap soap, laundry and dish detergent, and an awesome spf 15 face lotion for $4.49!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig