Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 29, 2009

Just a quickie...more new products to see!

Sorry but I simply cannot help myself. I see new beauty products and I must snap photos to share with you.

Apparently I wasn't the only one interested in these new Milani "Roulette Eyes" palettes ($7.99) because by the time I discovered them at my local CVS there were just three remaining!

Check out how cute they are--the shadows look like poker chips:


And here's a recent addition to my CVS, but I don't think they're new to the Essence of Beauty line: Lip Frosting!


Cute little tubes of clear lipgloss in three scents.

Strawberry Cheesecake:



Dutch Chocolate:


Vanilla Cupcake:



Alright alright, I know I have told you all how I'm so not a lipgloss person, but the packaging of these cuties sucked me right in (plus they are only $2.99 so since I didn't buy one of those Milani palettes I "allowed" myself to splurge on one of these). After standing in anguish in the Essence of Beauty aisle trying to make up my mind, I finally decided on "Strawberry Cheesecake." You don't really want to know what goes on in my mind when I'm trying to make a decision like this, but let's just say that I was first drawn to "Vanilla Cupcake", then talked myself into believing it would taste like a synthetic version of a cupcake. So then I was leaning towards "Dutch Chocolate" but then I said to myself, "You'll get sick of the flavor of chocolate and end up wishing you got something more interesting." So that's how I ended up with "Strawberry Cheesecake" which would totally NOT be my first choice. At all. (See, I told you you don't want to know what goes on in my mind.)

So naturally I was let down big time with the flavor and scent of "Strawberry Cheesecake." It smells more like straight strawberry and the taste is like strawberry syrup with just a tiny nuance of cheesecake somewhere in there. But this is the story of my life. It's nice and shiny on my lips though, so that's a bonus.

Oh well. At least it's cute.

Do you plan to purchase either of these new products? Do you have them already? Thoughts?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I went looking for those Lip Frostings because I'm a sucker for anything reminiscent of sweets! Unfortunately mine didn't have them yet, but Ill keep looking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trisha! LOL, you are just like me--a sucker for anything related to candy or dessert! :) I did a quick google search and I noticed that these have been available in some locations since fall '08! I wonder why it takes so long for some EOB things to make their way across the country. Anyway, when these finally hit your area, I hope you get the Dutch Chocolate or Vanilla Cupcake. I'd love to know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig