Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Review: Suave Professionals hair care products

I get so excited when I'm sent products for review that I would purchase on my own anyway. It gives me a chance to test something I've already been wanting to try, which is the case with this assortment of Sauve products. I already adore Suave and have been so pleased with everything I've used in the past, so let me tell you if these products pass the test!

Let's start with Suave Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream, which comes in a cute orange tube and retails for around $3 wherever Suave products are sold.




Since I'm big on anti-frizz creams at the moment (I've been using and loving Sunsilk's De-Frizz Creme for several weeks now) I know exactly what I need from this type of product. Suave's version does not disappoint. For my long hair, I need about 2-3 pea-size drops, which I apply to damp hair, working through from roots to ends. The smell is very subtle (clean and pleasant) and I love the fact that, unlike other anti-frizz creams, it doesn't feel greasy or sticky and it doesn't weigh down my hair at all. I'm left with soft, very manageable hair and it doesn't diminish my natural waves one bit. We've been having very humid weather in my area lately and I am pleased to say that this helps ward off the frizzies. For me, it's a great product--especially for the price!


Next up, Suave Professionals Extra Hold Gel, which also retails for about $3 wherever Suave products are sold.







Now I don't know about you, but for me, gel is something I normally associate with the boyfriend's hair, not my own. I honestly cannot recall the last time I used hair gel (maybe the early '90s?) but lately I've been stepping outside the box and trying new things in an effort to make my curls look the best they can. So when I received this product I was very excited to revisit a type of product I had dismissed many years ago. Um, all I can say is WOW, how times have changed!

This gel is clear and when you put it in the palm of your hand it feels light--not heavy like the gels from yesteryear. I use about 2 pea-size amounts in my palm and when I rub my hands together the texture feels amazing, almost like water! I apply the gel to my damp hair (after I've used Suave Sleek Anti-frizz Cream), and I work it from roots to ends. Honestly, when I first used this I thought, "I can't really even feel this in my hair. Should I use more?" But I decided against it, hoping I had used just the right amount. BINGO! I let my hair air-dry when I use this and I honestly cannot get over the results. This gel turns my curls into big, bouncy, loose, separated waves--the kind of waves you get from using hot rollers. With my other styling products, I am used to getting curls that are a little smaller and little less bouncy. But with Suave Extra Hold Gel, my curls were more separated, loose and BIG. Wow--it's a totally different effect but one I love! I keep looking at myself in the mirror, admiring how different my hair looks.

Who knew that gel could work like this? Oh, and I should also mention that there is no stiffness, no crunch and no flakes with this gel (again, so different from old-school hair gel!). It keeps my curls big and bouncy and separated all day long. Love it!

Lastly, I'd like to share with you my family's thoughts on Suave Professionals Extra Hold Hairspray and Freeze Hold Hairspray (retail around $3 each wherever Suave products are sold).






Since I am not a regular user of hairspray (I occasionally use it when I put my hair in a ponytail), I thought I'd put these hairsprays to the true test and let my parents use them for a few weeks. My folks are old-school, devoted users of Sebastian Shaper Hairspray and they know exactly what they like, and dislike in a hairspray, let me tell you. But they also like to cut costs wherever possible, so they appreciated the chance to use an economical product like Suave to see how it performs.

My mom used Suave Freeze Hold for a few weeks and, to make a long story short, is now completely converted. She loves how it holds her hair, even through the windiest of days. She also loves that, by the end of the day, there are no flakes and she can easily rinse this product out of her hair when she shampoos. But the thing she loves the most is, of course, the cost. :)

My dad, who used to use Consort (anyone remember that?) back in the day, stepped up to Sebastian Shaper many years ago. I think he was excited to try the Suave Extra Hold (the lighter hold of the two) because, let's face it: Even men like a little variety in their hair products! Long story short, my dad ALSO loved Suave! He echoed what my mom said but added, "I like how I can comb through my hair at the end of the day and it's not greasy or flaky, but it still holds my style." Pops. Gotta LOVE him! :)

So there you have it--Suave reviews from my family to yours! If you use any of these products or decide to try them based on these reviews, please leave a comment here--I'd love to know your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow, these reviews give so much information about each product I love it. Been looking for a good hairspray lately so I will def give these 2 a try. The price is so good u can experiment till u find the right one. Thanks!

    -CZ-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey CZ! Thanks so much for the kind words. :) If you try either of these hairsprays I'd love to know your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad you liked all these products. I currently own the hairspray and i love them too. I got them for a dollar and fifty cents at my local big lots and i went back and got some more coz i liked the so much and my little nieces uses them all the time when they do their hair for ballet practice. It really does the job :)

    Im gonna take your word on the ati-frizz coz i need one.

    btw awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky! Wow, you got a great deal at Big Lots! I'll definitely have to stop by and stock up on these hairsprays for my parents. :) Also, I would love to hear what you think of the Anti-Frizz Cream when you get it! Thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig