I'm still a little bitter about L'Oreal's decision to discontinue one of my favorite drugstore leave-in conditioners ever. You can still find it at Target and a few other places, but that's only because those retailers are probably getting rid of their existing inventory. But make no mistake--that product has officially been discontinued (proof).
But hey, I'm not letting that get in my way of being optimistic about L'Oreal's new products. In fact, I'm pretty excited about some of these 2017 products that are popping up at the drugstores right now. If you haven't seen these products yet, here's the scoop!
The new L'Oreal Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay line is geared toward those of us with dry ends and oily roots. I LOVE this, because that's exactly my hair type. This new line reminds me of the Dessange Clay Balancing Shampoo that was in a previous Target Beauty Box. I really liked that shampoo, but it's a bit expensive for drugstore (8.5 oz. for $9.99). So I'm hoping that this new L'Oreal line is similar since the shampoo is $5.99 for 24 oz. at Amazon.
The L'Oreal Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay line consists of four products (info from the L'Oreal website):
- Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask ($6.99)
- Deeply absorbs oil at the roots. Clay hair mask purifies the scalp. Ultra-fresh, lightweight hair.
- Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Conditioner ($4.99)
- Up to 48HR Purified Roots & Hydrated Ends. Silicone-Free Clay Conditioner. Conditioner for Oily Roots and Dry Ends.
- Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Shampoo ($4.99)
- Up to 48HR Purified Roots & Hydrated Ends. Silicone-free. Shampoo for Oily Roots and Dry Ends.
- Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Dry Shampoo ($6.99)
- No visible residue. Instant purity plus freshness. For normal to oily hair.
This next new line is called L'Oreal Advanced Hairstyle Air Dry It and it's entirely devoted to heat-free styling. As someone who likes to avoid heat styling as much as humanly possible, this line feels like it was made for me. I am constantly on the hunt for styling products that don't require heat, and because of this I can tell you that this is a niche that is essentially untapped at the drugstore level. So I'm very excited to try these products.
The Advanced Hairstyle Air Dry It line contains three products (info from the L'Oreal website):
- Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Wave Swept Spray ($4.99)
- Natural, Effortless Style for Medium to Coarse Hair. Soft, Touchable Feel. 24HR Flexible Control.
- Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse ($4.99)
- Natural, Effortless Style for Wavy and Curly Hair. Soft, Touchable Feel. 24HR Flexible Control.
- Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Undone Style Cream ($4.99)
- Natural, Effortless Style for All Hair Types. Soft, Touchable Feel. 24HR Flexible Control.
Have you spotted any of these new products at your local drugstores yet? Thoughts?