Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spotted: Maybelline Limited Edition Queen of New York 100 Year Anniversary Collection (Baby Lips, Lipsticks, Eyeshadows and More)

I've been hearing about this new 100th Anniversary Maybelline collection for a few weeks now (thanks so much for the tips!) but I have yet to find any of the displays in my area. But thanks to some kind readers, I have lots of photos to share with you today!

PLEASE NOTE: So far, this collection seems to be popping up at Ulta (if you're lucky enough to find these at your Ulta this week, they are part of the 40% off sale), Walgreens and Bed Bath & Beyond. If you have spotted this collection elsewhere, I would love to hear from you. I do not know if there are other displays in this collection (Color Tattoos, anyone?) but if you find anything that is not featured in this post, I would of course love to hear from you! 

image credit: Devan for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Queen of New York 100 Year Anniversary Collection

Keep reading for lots (and lots) of pics...

This collection contains both new, limited edition products as well as products from the permanent line (but in limited edition packaging). All of the products in this collection feature a graphic of the New York skyline on the packaging. 

First up, longtime reader Paradigm Rouge spotted this large floor display at her local Bed Bath & Beyond this week and kindly shared lots of pics with us:

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Queen of New York 100 Year Anniversary Collection
Floor display at Bed Bath & Beyond

The first two shelves contain NEW limited edition products, while the rest of the shelves contains products from the existing permanent line (but in limited edition packaging).

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Sensational Lipsticks
800 Strike A Rose, 805 Puposeful Mauve,  810 Magenta-bulous

All five shades in this dipslay are NEW and limited edition.

If the name Strike A Rose sounds familiar to you, that's because there was a Baby Lips Electro shade with this name, as well as a limited edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week collection Color Sensational lipstick with the same name. I do not believe that this new LE shade is the same as either of its predecessors, though. I think they just recycled the name, not the color.

In fact, you can check out some swatches of 800 Strike A Rose (and 805 Purposeful Mauve) HERE. To me, this Strike A Rose kind of reminds me of MAC "O" lipstick, which was a favorite of mine back in the day. I can't wait to see it in person. 

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Sensational Lipsticks
815 Coral Cocktail, 820 Berry Chic

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Face Studio Master Glaze Blush Stick
100 Pursuit of Pink

There is one new, limited edition blush stick shade in this display.

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Molten Eyeshadow Duos

There are four new, limited edition Color Molten eyeshadow duos in this collection. 

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
403 Stroke of Silver

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
401 Rose Rush

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Molten Eyeshadow Duos

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
400 Sweeping Blue

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
402 Bronzed Out




image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
820 Gold Stunner, 821 Beyond Burgundy

There are two new limited edition Color Show nail polishes in this display. I can't tell if the gold polish contains flakes or shards though (if you know, please confirm for us? Thanks!).


image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap

The rest of the products in this display are NOT NEW. They are repromotes from the permanent collection, but they are in special limited edition packaging:

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Paradigm Rouge for Nouveau Cheap
A closer look at the limited edition packaging

Next up, reader Devan (Devan Skyles on YouTube) spotted a separate lipstick display this week (as well as two other counter displays that contain many of the products seen above) and was nice enough to share some pics with us:

image credit: Devan for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Queen of New York 100 Year Anniversary Collection
Color Sensational Lipsticks

image credit: Devan for Nouveau Cheap
800 Strike A Rose, 810 Magenta-bulous, 805 Purposeful Mauve, 815 Coral Cocktail, 820 Berry Chic

The shades in this individual counter display are the same as the shades featured in the larger display above.

image credit: Devan for Nouveau Cheap
A closer look at the tubes

And last but not least, reader @caseythesurvivor on Instagram spotted the limited edition Baby Lips in this collection at her local Ulta this week (score! Maybelline is 40% off this week!) and was nice enough to share some pics with us:

image credit: Casey for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Queen of New York 100 Year Anniversary Collection
Limited Edition Baby Lips

NOTE: Only two of the four shades in this collection are new. The other two are existing shades (but in the special limited edition packaging).

30 Peach Kiss, 130 Crystal Kiss
(repromoted shades - not new)

195 Fuchsia Fix 
(NEW LIMITED EDITION SHADE)

200 Ra-Ra Red
(NEW LIMITED EDITION SHADE)

Casey mentioned to me that this red shade is quite pigmented and, as I was working on this post, reader @courtneyann_333 shared some swatches with me on her Instagram HERE

Again, I do not know if there are any other displays in this collection, but I'm hoping we see some limited edition Color Tattoos, Color Elixirs, highlighters and more nail colors! If you spot anything not featured in this post, I would absolutely love to hear from you.

Thanks again, Paradigm Rouge, Devan and Casey, for the great sightings, pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Saw a small display at my Walgreens yesterday. It only had a few of each items in it. So glad to know there is a big display with a lot more products (and nail polish!). Wanted the blush but someone had opened it and tested it so I didn't buy it. Going to another "good" Walgreens today so I hope they have this big display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I HATE it when that happens. Especially when there are only like two to begin with in the display. That jerk ruined it for the rest of us who were more than willing to actually try it AFTER purchasing. That makes me so mad I could punch a wall. Lol. Sorry for the rant but man that pisses me off! I'm so sorry. :(

      Delete
    2. I feel the same way. It can sometimes be incredibly hard to find some of the limited lipsticks, blushes, lip balms, etc. So yes, I too get sooo angry when someone opens them up and doesn't even buy it. On another good note I am loving the packaging! On the hunt for those lipsticks.

      Delete
    3. I see people opening and testing makeup products every time I go to the drugstore or to Target. That's why I NEVER buy products that don't have safety seals in a store (L'Oreal I'm looking at you and your lip products...)

      Delete
  2. RaRa Red has a spot waiting in my handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever happened to the color whispers? Seems like they've fallen by the wayside. Would love it if Maybelline released more shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, they were discontinued. :( You can still find them at discount stores like Big Lots though.

      Delete
    2. Aw I love my Color Whispers! I didn't know they were discontinued. :(

      Delete
    3. Really? Such a bummer! Love the Color Whispers!

      Delete
  4. Saw the display at Bed, Bath, and Beyond about a week ago and thought it had already been posted here!

    Coral Cocktail caught my eye immediately. Will probably go back for it and possibly an eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm a little behind on my sightings posts, but it looks like the Baby Lips display just landed this week. :)

      Delete
  5. Strike a Rose is way more peachy than O, but it's really pretty if you like that semi-frosty gold finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST picked up the new lipstick in Strike A Rose at Ulta and I'm glad it was also 40% off! I had no idea about this LE collection. I haven't tried it yet, but it's such a pretty peachy-pink shade w/ shimmer. It reminds me of the NARS Orgasm blush.

    My store didn't have the other products though like the Magenta-bulous lipstick. Arugh!

    I saw the LE Baby Lips, but I wasn't sure if I would really like the new shades... Red and Fuschia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried on the lipstick in Strike in Rose and it's definitely more peach. It's not pink like I thought it would be. It has shimmer, but it's not frosted at all. It's very nice and kinda neutral. More subtle of a shade than I thought it would be.

      Delete
  7. Was really hoping for some Eyestudio quads.. just adore those little guys and it's been forever since they released any new ones. The molten I tried was awful. Fingers crossed there is a matte lippie display coming as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for the big display! I just went to Ulta and they just had a small one with a few things. I bought the 'Strike a Rose' lipstick and the 'Bronzed Out' eye shadow. 'Strike a Rose' is really pretty, I love the gold shimmer finish but depending on the lighting, it can be a little much (nothing a good gloss can't fix though!). Even though I don't love the Color Molten eye shadow formula, I was sucked in by the LE packaging and the gold sparkle half of the duo. The purple half of the duo is veryyyyyy sheer, so don't be afraid to try it if the purple scares you (and if you were wanting lots of pigmentation then maybe skip this particular shade). Thanks so much for the heads up on all these products, G, I had no idea there are this many!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're welcome! Thanks for the photo credit! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas tree shop and harmons

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw a display at my target, but it only contained permanent items. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same thing happened to me regarding the 4 color sensational lipstick slots at CVS, though the other items were LE. i'm beginning to think that the cosmetic employees replace the empty display slots with permanent items.

      Delete
  12. I got Purposeful Mauve and Strike A Rose a couple of weeks ago...LOVE the Mauve, not sure about the Rose yet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does Bed, Bath and Beyond take MQ's? I just spotted a ton of Maybelline at the 99 cents only store( except they're all 1.99)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late to the party but from the comments and photos I think Rara Red and Strike a Rose needs me! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found an end cap display at Walgreen's today. Picked up Strike a Rose. Odd thing is there is only 1 of each lipstick shade. Weird. Anyway the price was a little more than I am used to for Maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is cool, but it was a great opportunity to go retro with their packaging! Can you imagine, like, 1930s-era packaging? That'd be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. my display have only two lipstick shades ! like I want them all! gotta hunt for more ....

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig