Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Maybelline Fall 2012 Fashion Week Collection pics (possible dupe alert?)

So guess what? I found the limited edition Color Tattoos (all four!) in a single display like this at a local Rite Aid and...I bought them all! I'll be swatching them today, so check back later if you'd like to see my thoughts on them.

In the meantime, Emi from Project Swatch shared some more pics (close-ups) of the other Maybelline Fall 2012 Fashion Week display (not the nail polishes) so let's take a peek!

(By the way, I have searched three CVS locations, two Walgreens and four Rite Aids in the San Diego area for the nail polishes and so far...nada. Boo!)

image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap
 Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week Collection

 image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Sensational Lipsticks in Bronzed Metal, XXX Russet (sorry, can't make out the first word),  Brown to Earth, Tenacious Taupe, Strike A Rose, In Style Sienna

image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap  
Limited Edition Eye Studio quads in Olive Martini, Smokey XXX (can't make out the second word), Sea Sprite, Cozy XXX (can't make out the second word)

What's interesting to note here is that the third shade in the Olive Martini quad looks like it could be a dupe for MAC Club/Too Faced Label Whore/L'Oreal HiP Intrepid, etc. etc.! If you've seen this quad in person, I would love to know if you think it resembles MAC Club, etc.

image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap
 Maybelline Touch of Light Luminizing Face Glow

image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap 

As with previous limited edition collections from Maybelline, they tend to repromote one of their permanent collection mascaras--these mascaras are not new or limited edition. They're the standard Illegal Length washable and waterproof formulas.

Thanks so much, Emi, for the fantastic photos! 

Have you spotted this display in your area yet? Do you think the third shade in the Olive Martini quad might be a dupe for MAC Club, etc.?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I want those new Color Tattoos so badly! I've searched all the Rite Aids and CVS's in my area for the past few days, still nothing :( Hopefully they'll be here in my area soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the look of that Bronzed Metal lipstick--I'll be on the lookout. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for these to come to my area (Ontario) so I can pick them up. Ive collected and love all from the original line, using them alone, as a base and cream liner. Club is one of my Faves from MAC and would love to see if it is a dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I am really wondering if the barely beige is a dupe for MAC bare study paint pot. I love the color of it but to be quite honest its greasy and doesnt really last if you use it as a base. That being said I hope it is a dupe because it is cheaper and has better stayong power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swatched my barely beige next to bare study and painterly and neither are like BB. Unfortunately no dupes!

      Delete
  5. I bought the lipstick shade brown to earth, which is exactly the same as their permanent lipstick in barely brown.The lipstick in XXX russet and in style sienna reminded me of rum riche in the permanent line.Bronzed metal is extremely dark. Tthe lipstick in tenacious taupe is what the ad says the model is wearing, but i believe that is wrong, since i bought that shade and on my rosy lips it looks similar to the smooth taupe in the porcelain collection only browner, it is very concealer like and also similar to totally toffee lipstick. The eyeshadow quad in cozy cashmere, the 1st and 2nd shade match that of last years fall 2011 eyeshadow quad in strut it suede:2nd and 4th shade. the color show nail polish in that frosty brown with duochrome looks very similar to purple trend nail polish from fall 2011, only more brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got tenacious taupe and it is actually a brown with a nice hint of rose in it - I am nc15 and the color is very flattering on me. I think it prolly depends on lip pigmentation a far as how the color looks - I really like the color!

      Delete
  6. I jsut go the quad in Olive Martini and it looks like a dupe MAC Club/Too Faced Label Whore/L'Oreal HiP Intrepid!!! It's a gorgeous quad. And if anyone buys it at Rite Aid, make sure you get the BOGO 1/2 off. It doesn't ring up and I had to get a manager to do it, but the BOGO applies to EYE PRODUCTS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found all four of the color tattoos for this collection at Rite Aid in Santa Rosa, CA on Farmers Lane!!! Still can't find the other four that people have been seeing at Target :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The touch of light illuminator appears to be a dupe of the Lancome Eclat Miracle Serum of Light Illuminator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Touch of Light illuminator appears to be a dupe of the Lancome Eclat Miracle Serum of Light illuminator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been able to find anything but the nail polishes in my area. : ( Anyone in TX been able to find this collection?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The two quads with partial names are Cozy Cashmere and Smokey Cinnamon. :) Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in Dallas, TX...Found the entire line today at Bed, Bath and Beyond! They take manufacturer coupons and you can combine them with their 10%-20% coupons...The tattoo shadows were only $4.99 without any coupons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where in San Diego did you find the Color Tattoos? I was looking today like crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got Sea Sprite & Olive Martini yesterday & I think I found a couple of dupes in WnW's I Dream of Greenie shadow trio. The aqua green shade in SS is almost identical to the crease color the WnW trio (the Maybelline one is a tad sheerer) and the pale green shade in OM is the tiniest bit more blue-green than the browbone color in the trio. So, while I'm kind of kicking myself or getting both Maybelline shadow quads for colors I already had in the WnW trio, I do like both quads a lot because of the quality & the color combos.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig