Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sinful Colors Spring 2015 Mega Post (Pic Heavy)

As you might have heard, all Sinful Colors nail polishes are on sale for $0.99 each at Walgreens from Sunday (2/22) through Saturday (2/28). Over the course of the last few weeks, I've received many photo submissions of new Spring 2015 displays (thank you SO much to everyone who took the time to share pics!), so I thought it was the perfect time to put all of these new collections into one post, right in time for the sale!

The following displays were spotted at various drugstores by several different readers, but I think that all of these collections are popping up at Walgreens right now (please correct me if I'm wrong about that!).

First up, reader Abbi (@curlycomedynailart on Instagram) spotted the annual St. Patrick's display at Rite Aid recently and kindly shared some pics:

image credit: Abbi for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors St. Patrick's Day 2015 Kiss Me I'm Stylish Collection

Keep reading for lots (and lots) of additional pics...

There is only ONE new polish in this collection--the rest are repromotes of exisiting shades. The polishes in this display are:

Snow Me White
Shamrockin' (NEW)
Happy Ending
Green Ocean (limited edition flakie which comes back every year for St. Patrick's Day)
Innocent
Mint Apple
All About You

Abbi also shared a close-up of Shamrockin':

image credit: Abbi for Nouveau Cheap
1512 Shamrockin'

Reader Jacki also spotted this St. Patrick's Day display recently at Walgreens, and kindly shared this pic of Shamrockin':

image credit: Jacki for Nouveau Cheap
1512 Shamrockin'

As you can see, this is NOT the same Shamrockin' that Abbi spotted at Rite Aid. The Rite Aid version contains light green and white matte hex glitters, white matte flowers (same shape as the flowers in the new L'Oreal Garden Bouquet) and green metallic hexes in a clear base. The Shamrockin' that Jacki spotted at Walgreens contains everything that the Rite Aid version contains, except NO green metallic hex glitter. Again, both shades are named Shamrockin' and they both have the same number (1512).

Reader @bathandbodybliss on Instagram found both versions in her area recently and kindly shared these pics:

image credit: @bathandbodybliss for Nouveau Cheap
1512 Shamrockin'
(No metallic green hexes)

image credit: @bathandbodybliss for Nouveau Cheap
1512 Shamrockin'
(with metallic green hexes)

Next up, reader Brandy C. spotted the new Citrus Twist display recently and kindly shared some pics:

image credit: Brandy C. for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Citrus Twist Collection
Citrus Brights & Jelly Toppers
Add a Citrustwist to Your Fav Shade

There are three new shades in this collection. Brandy confirmed all of the shades in this display as follows:

Thimbleberry
Ring the Belini (NEW)
Why Not?
Feel the Vibe
Zest of Times (NEW)
Innocent
Let's Meet
Horizon Shine (NEW)

Brandy also shared this pic of the new shades:

image credit: Brandy C. for Nouveau Cheap
1513 Ring the Belini, 1514 Zest of Times, 1515 Horizon Shine

All three of these polishes contain flecks in a jelly base. I need these! Aaaah, so pretty.

Reader Shannon also spotted this display recently and kindly shared this pic:

image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
1513 Ring the Belini, 1514 Zest of Times, 1515 Horizon Shine

Next up, reader Cyndiinphilly spotted the new Flight Patterns! display recently and kindly shared this pic:

image credit: Cyndiinphilly for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Flight Patterns! Collection
Peacock Creams & Opalescent Toppers
Add Opalescents to Your Fav Shade

NOTE: Cyndiinphilly spotted this display at her local Wegmans, but I believe that this collection goes by the name Color Burst! at Walgreens (you can see a picture of it HERE). Some of the shades look different in the Color Burst! display, but it APPEARS that the three NEW shades in this collection are the same in both displays.

Reader Shannon also spotted this dipslay recently and kindly shared some pics, plus she confirmed all of the other shades in the display:

Nail Junkie
Savage
Let's Talk
Navy I Do (possibly new to the US--more info near the end of this post)
Gold Medal
Flight to See (NEW)
Sheer Flight (NEW)
Prized Plum (NEW)

Shannon mentioned that she thought these new shades could probably be opaque in two coats. She also shared these pics of all three new shades:

image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
1518 Flight to See, 1517 Sheer Flight

image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
1516 Prized Plume

Next up, reader Kesha spotted the new About Blooming Time! display recently and kindly shared some pics:

image credit: Kesha for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors About Blooming Time! Collection
Blooming Brights & Blooming Blasts
Add a Bloomblast to Your Fave Shade

Kesha confirmed that just like with the other two collections above, there are three new shades in this one. She confirmed that the shades in this display are:

Standing Bloom Only (NEW)
Flower Power (NEW)
Petal Be The Day (NEW)
Sail La Vie
Tempest
Cloud 9
Energetic Red
Cream Pink

Kesha also shared this close-up of the three new shades:

image credit: Kesha for Nouveau Cheap
1520 Standing Bloom Only, 1519 Flower Power, 1521 Petal Be The Day

You know I love my milky glitters--I think I need all three of these.

And last but not least, reader Sara spotted a new, large end-cap display at her Walgreens recently and kindly shared lots of info and pics: 

image credit: Sara for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Color is the New Black end-cap display at Walgreens

Sara went through each polish in this display and was nice enough to take photos of the four new shades in this one and she also included pics of the polishes that are limited edition from previous collections, with a detailed commentary on each shade (wow!). So here we go:

image credit: Sara for Nouveau Cheap

Sara writes:

1354 Navy I Do: NEW! I think? I've never seen it and can't find it online, but the number would put it right between the glow in the dark polish and the Walmart spice-themed display from 2013. I never found that display, maybe it was part of that collection? Dark navy blue. Surprisingly I have nothing quite like it, and I have a lot of sinful polish. The closest is New Wave but that's a bit murkier, while this has more true-blue tones. It's also close to Cold Leather but I assume this one isn't matte. [I was able to find a reference to this shade online but with the number 963, which I guess only adds to the confusion. I'm guessing this color was previously released in Europe and now it's here in the US, but with a different number, maybe. --G]

1033 Pistache: originally in the Buff to Bright collection in early 2013. Although I've seen it a lot since, maybe they've introduced it into the core collection and I forgot? Either way, it's a favorite of mine. [It's one of my faves too--you can see my swatches of it here. --G.]

1505 Pink of Me: NEW! Medium pink cream.

1445 Steel my Heart: originally in the Turn Up the Heat collection this past summer. I suppose they could still be in stock from then, but there were quite a few on this display.

image credit: Sara for Nouveau Cheap

Sara writes:

1210 Jolt: originally target exclusive, although it's appeared in Walgreens in at least one other display since then.

1196 Sail La Vie: originally in the Sail La Vie collection summer of 2013.

1505 Pink of Me: NEW! Medium pink cream.

1503 Copper Pot: NEW! Definitely a copper color, but it makes me think of copper ore or an older but still shiny penny...not the lighter brighter copper of copper pots or clean shiny copper wire. Very pretty metallic color.

1423 Beaches and Cream: originally in the Practice your Accents collection this summer.

image credit: Sara for Nouveau Cheap

Sara writes:

1408 Mauvulous: originally Walmart exclusive, some time last year. 

1397 Gold Medal: originally part of the massive 2013 holiday collection. And one of my favorite metallics ever.

1501 Rose Dust: NEW! Light dusty pinky-mauve with subtle silver shimmer. I actually made an audible "ooooooo" noise when I saw this one. It's gorgeous!

image credit: Sara for Nouveau Cheap

Sara writes:

1148 Supernova: originally in the Hot Flash Metallica collection fall 2012.

1214 Feel the Vibe: originally seen as part of Oh My Mod! collection last January, but as you noted then, it's an older number than the rest of that collection.

Not pictured:

1506 Pink Smart: New in the 2015 Valentine's Day display. I actually didn't notice if it was in the big display too, but looking at my picture I think it is.

There could also be some colors missing from this display...I didn't find a 1502 or 1504. 


Whew! I THINK that covers it, but if you know of any other new Sinful Colors displays not featured in this post, please do let us know!


I want to once again thank all of the contributors to this post (Abbi, Jacki, @bathandbodybliss, Brandy C., Shannon, Cyndiinphilly, Kesha and Sara) for all of the fantastic pics and detailed information. You have absolutely no idea how much I appreciate your willingness to share all of this with us.

Also, I want to thank everyone who sent me pics that didn't make it into this post. I wish I could have included everyone's pics here, but I did my best to use many as I could. I'm so sorry if your pics weren't featured here, and I hope it won't stop you from submitting pics in the future!
SHARE:

40 comments

  1. Oh thank you G!!!! I am so glad you posted this! I have been seeing these displays but didn't buy anything because I couldn't figure out what was new. I am running out of storage space and don't want repeats. So I can use this post when I get to the store. PS local Walgreen's always puts away the new displays when the. 99¢ sale is on, but I will be checking anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, R.! And yeah, I've heard about them doing that before, but luckily the stores in my area don't, so hellooooo polish haul! Lol. :)

      Delete
    2. Mine just won't put out displays if there is a sale going on. Total BS. They don't lose money on sales, but they do when people go elsewhere to buy what they are looking for (and I will pay full price at Rite Aid if it means getting my hands on an LE)

      Delete
  2. I've seen a lot of these but haven't spotted the Bloomblast shades. Those look pretty and need a closer look! I picked up Rose Dust last week and love it; it's one of those shades that's sort of a cool to neutral pink and subdued but in other lights it leans a bit lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Epic post, love all the details from everyone! Wonder what is up with two versions of Shamrockin...somebody have an off day at the production plant, or were they just out of that metallic dark green glitter for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I have no idea what's going on with that one! Maybe they ran out of the metallic green toward the end of a batch and just decided to do the rest without? :)

      Delete
  4. Are any of these a dupe for Mad About Hue or Baby Blues? I wanted those but never found them. A couple of these look similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are dupes for those in the permanent line. Check this out:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2014/02/huge-sinful-colors-update-comparisons.html

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the heads-up about these shades and the sale! I'm kind of broke from all my polish buying, so Sinful is my budget-friendly go-to. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! And yep, these are definitely easy on the wallet! :)

      Delete
  6. Yes Navy I Do is new (couldn't find it in google either)! I found the other new ones like 2wks ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it listed in a European web store but the number was in the 900s. I'm thinking it's one of those rare Europe-only shades that is just now coming to the US (there are a few others like that). :)

      So glad you were able to find all the other new ones! Thanks again for the pics! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I wound up with the lighter version of shamrockin.. was quite disappointed when I got home to realize that contrary to the sticker on the label which clearly shows them there are no actual shamrocks inside.. just flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this fabulous coverage! And for including my SC sighting! I love Shamrockin', and I never see a new display (well rarely) in Brooklyn, so I feel extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These new colors are worth trekking through the snow to get to walgreens!! I hope my (usually not very well stocked) store has at least some of these news shades out. The milky glitters, the flowers, the navy... I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no....my bank account is going to be SO mad at me....every time I think I couldn't possibly need more Sinful Colors shades, they drop a bunch of awesome new ones! I'm so excited! THANK YOU, G!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY WORD - Milky giltters!! Me want! *grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Petal Be The Day, and sadly it's so sheer. It looks almost like just glitter in a clear base. I just posted it on my ig, I'll tag you.

    I'm so excited for the other new colors though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Petal be the Day is disappointing. It loses all milkiness on the nail. I've heard the other two are more opaque, but Petal be the Day is definitely just a glitter topper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you! Now I want Rose Dust and Pink of Me... My Walgreens was already out of Standing Bloom Only but I got the other two milky ones. The blue was very sheer when I swatched it, like everyone said, but the pink was more pigmented. Still gonna look for the orange!
    I desperately want the light version of Shamrockin'. Somebody on Instagram said they found it at a Walgreens, so I'm holding out hope that I'll find it even though we don't have a Rite Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All this pretty polish! Shamrockin' is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I picked up Shamrockin'... it reminded me of the L'Oreal Garden Bouquet glitter that I also picked up recently (only found it at Walgreen's). I think I prefer the version I got that does not have the metallic glitter. Those speckle type polishes look neat too... Sinful Colors stepping up their game! =P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a bottle of Navy I Do that I got at Big Lots this fall. I thought it was weird when I couldn't find any swatches on Pinterest to add to my polish stash board.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been looking everywhere since these started popping up last month, no luck :( It's like Rite Aid has quit getting shipments or something, just empty shelves where new collections used to go :'( Walgreens hasn't been any better

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi G! I'm new to your blog and love it! I bought Love Sprinkles, Gold Medal and Curry Up from WG for Valentine's Day last week, so when I read your post today, I was super excited to hear that Walgreen's has SC on sale this week! Without a doubt I'm gonna have me a 'haul' of a good time choosing at least a dozen new colors plus the Shamrock one, lol. I'm looking forward to reading some of your older blogs; thanks for such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how very exciting to see all these new polishes. I was at Walmart today and Sinful Colors had a display warning about the dangers of texting and driving. They had a special red shade. The display also had Beaches and Cream, Navy I Do, and Copper Pot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If your walgreens hides the new polishes just buy a bunch of repeats and then exchange them once they put them out. Oh and to those looking for the opalescent toppers, I don't recommend them. They are so sheer it should be a crime, and no to mention prized plum and love nails are almost dead on dupes for each other prized plum is just a hair darker

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOH so many new pretties; must stalk Walgreens soon in hopes of finding some of these. The Plume set is especially calling to me, loudly lol! And I had no idea there were 2 Shamrockins, wow. I already got a backup of Green Ocean one of my all time favs but.don't remember seeing the lighter Shamrockin in that display (Rite Aid) hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Green Ocean is now a part of the core collection at Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found several of these at Wal-mart today. They will price match Walgreens, if you have the Walgreens ad with you. (My cashier said you need the paper copy of ad.) I found Sail La Vie, Copper Pot, Navy I Do, You Goji, and No Text Red, which I think was an Auto Show tie in? I was surprised to see it at the store. There were a couple others I didn't pick up, too. My Walmarts around here always look like they've been looted, but you luck out and be able to find some shades and price match.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I put on the pink milky glitter today over a sheer pink np and I definitely have to say I probably didn't need the undercoat cause it was definitely more opaque. I went to put on my daughter petal of the day not even thinking that it would be that sheer! Let's say my three year old was kind of disappointed and wouldn't let me put some on her other hand lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can we see pics of them on?! I've seen them in the stores and not sure if I should buy them, would love to see how they look applied!

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1502 is a dark pink color called You Goji

    ReplyDelete
  28. http://www.night-swatcher.com has some of the new colors swatched. She has all 3 of the bloomblast colors, Shamrockin and the pink from the citrus twist collection.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow so many pretty colors. I have a few SC. That I picked up here and there. Not a big nail polish collector. But I have learned so much about them reading this and had to go check mine out. I noticed all that I have, have a black lid brush except one that has a goldish bronze looking one that's called In The Lime Light number 1233. Do I know why it is different? Metal looking lid?? It's no big deal just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce - I believe that color is from the Sinful Shine line, which has the bronze-ish caps. The Sinful Shine are advertised as "gel tech" polishes and they are supposed to be shinier than the regular line, but I have some of both and I really can't tell any big differences.

      Delete
  30. Well Sinful Colors Flower Power is a dead on dupe of OPI The Power of Pink. Definitely going to pick up a few! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just when I was getting cured from addictions ... Sinful pulls me back in. JOY!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig