Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spotted: Sinful Colors Summer 2014 Simmer Down, Chill Out and Turn Up The Heat Collections

UPDATE: for comparison swatches of a few of these new shades to existing Sinful Colors shades, click here.

UPDATE 2: The third summer display has landed! Scroll down for pics of the Turn Up The Heat Collection.

New Sinful Colors shades! These new collections were spotted at Rite Aid by all of the readers who contributed pics to this post, but a little birdie told me that they should also be popping up at Walgreens soon (HOPEFULLY before the Walgreens $0.99 Sinful Colors sale ends on 4/26!).

That same little birdie told me that there might there might be some fun toppers and other surprises headed our way as well! As soon as that information is confirmed, I will let you know!

Many thanks to three lovely readers for the following pics. First up, pics of the displays from reader Shannon:

image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Summer 2014 Simmer Down and Chill Out Collections at Rite Aid
(retail: 1.99 each, 0.5 oz)

Thanks to reader Kathleen (@kskybeauty on Instagram) for sharing these pics of the Simmer Down display:

 photo sc1.jpg
image credit: Kathleen for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Summer 2014 Simmer Down Collection at Rite Aid


Thanks to reader Shannon for sharing these pics of the display, as well as bottle shots of each shade:

 photo unnamed7-2.jpg
image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Summer 2014 Simmer Down Collection at Rite Aid

 photo unnamed8-2.jpg
image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Anchors Away
(repromote from Summer 2013 Sail la Vie Collection)
Big Daddy
(repromote from permanent collection)

 photo unnamed9-3.jpg
image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Hot Chili
(repromote from Winter 2013 Spice It Up Collection)
Coral Riff
(NEW)

 photo unnamed10-3.jpg
image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Gold Medal
(repromote from Holiday 2013 Decorate Decadently Collection)
Ruby Glisten
(NEW-ish? I believe this shade was previously only available in Europe)

 photo unnamed11-3.jpg
image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Embers Only
(NEW)
Gogo Girl
(repromote from permanent collection)


Thanks to my pal Amanda of Pretty Girl Science blog, who spotted the Chill Out display at her Rite Aid and shared pics, including bottle shots of the new shades in this collection:

 photo V1xFQsH.jpg
image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Summer 2014 Chill Out Collection at Rite Aid

 photo pnXL8yt.jpg
image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap
Lively in Lilac
(NEW)
Curry Up
(NEW)

 photo IEIq3px.jpg
image credit: Amanda for Nouveau Cheap
Blue La La
(NEW)
Blue Crushin
(NEW)

UPDATE: For comparison swatches of Blue La La and Blue Crushin to other Sinful Colors shades, click here.

Last but not least, thanks to Shannon for sharing these pics of all of the shades in the Chill Out display:

 photo unnamed4-5.jpg


image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Dream On
(repromote from permanent collection)
Blue La La
(NEW)
Curry Up
(NEW)

 photo unnamed5-5.jpg
image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Blue Crushin
(NEW)
Green Ocean
(repromote; re-released every year for St. Patrick's Day)
Lively in Lilac
(NEW)

 photo unnamed6-3.jpg
image credit: Shannon for Nouveau Cheap
Endless Blue
(repromote from permanent collection)
Let's Meet
(repromote; re-released several times--most recently in Spring 2013 Sure Bet Collection)


UPDATE: Just in! Pics of the third summer collection, Turn Up The Heat, thanks to reader Elena:

image credit: Elena for Nouveau Cheap
Summer 2014 Turn Up The Heat Collection

Elena confirmed that there are at least three NEW shades in this collection (I don't know the names of the other polishes in this display yet). Here are three new shades that Elena purchased:

image credit: Elena for Nouveau Cheap
Top to bottom:
1445 Steel My Heart
1442 Yellow Spotted 
1444 Peppered Amazon 

Elena said that Yellow Spotted is very similar to Let's Meet, but a little lighter. Reader Kelly mentioned that Steel My Heart looks like Fig, and I can totally see that (Fig, by the way, is a dupe for OPI Plugged-in Plum). Is it just me or does Peppered Amazon look a bit like Mint Apple? It even has some shimmer to it, like Mint Apple. I'd love to do a comparison if/when I find Peppered Amazon, since I love these types of greens.

image credit: Elena for Nouveau Cheap
1444 Peppered Amazon, 1442 Yellow Spotted, 1445 Steel My Heart

Thanks so much, Shannon, Amanda, Kathleen and Elena, for the great sightings and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

36 comments

  1. I will be searching for these on Wednesday! I hope they are at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Chill Out display better, but both are nice! I can't wait to see the new shades in person at Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday is my Walgreen's day to restock so I will be there on Friday looking for this stuff! Hoping to grab a couple of the new shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I immediately thought Blue La La looked like Hip to Be Square/Sail La Vie/Alfresco. It would be great if it were different, but we shall see.

    Really excited to see what else is on the way! Sinful is my favorite brand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love..Love the blue ones...check your Walgreens girls, was there Yesterday and they already had these collections. Atlanta Ga, here!!! Woo hoo, I even found a WNW Walking the red carpet...the sales girl said she found it in the back!! Score

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to get one or two of the new colors from Simmer Down. I looked though my collection the other day and realized that I have a whole drawer in my storage bin of Sinful Colors! The only brand that occupies a whole drawer and it looks like I am going to have to start a second! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news! I was just thinking that I wish there were new Sinful Colors polishes when I saw the $.99 sale at Walgreens. As of yesterday, my Walgreens didn't have these, but maybe by Saturday they will so I can reap the rewards of the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dream on in this display looks like it has been changed. At rite aid I compared it to the permanent display one and its a different shade even with the same number and name. Similarly to how WNW changed I need a refreshment to be an updated different color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only do I think the formula for Dream On has been changed, I think the formula for 24/7 is different also. When I was at Walgreens last night, I was looking at this polish and all the bottles of 24/7 were an ugly pastely pink mess, not the original fun neon pink.:(

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I noticed that about 24/7, too. Also, the Cream Pink at my Walgreen's looked a lot like Boom Boom and not like the bright pink with gold shimmer that I have seen before.

      Delete
    3. I actually have 3 different formulas for Dream On: the original, a slightly less vibrant verson labeled Matte Dream On which is actually less matte than the original, and the new version which is non-neon. Not sure why they keep changing it though

      Delete
  9. Went to Walgreens last night and didn't see these. Hopefully soon! Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ran to Rite Aid today to look for these and indeed there was a third display, I think called Turn Down the Heat. I got two colors from it, one a shimmery yellow called Yellow Spotted and a green called Peppered Amazon that also has some shimmer. There was one that looked like Fig, but I'm not sure if they are dupes, plus some other ones I can't recall exactly. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue la la is a little brighter and more vibrant than Sail La Vie. Blue Crushin is more blue than Leap Flog. It kind of reminds me of Roaring or Secret Agent from last winte, but its a little darker. So they are close but not exact. I'll buy the new ones and maybe take pics and compare them tomorrow. Also, Embers only looks like it could be a jelly. It has gorgeous little flakey type glitter in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would almost compare Blue Crushin to Calypso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swatched today, and they are extremely close!

      Delete
  13. I've noticed this, too. Dream On is less neeon and seems a bit darker now. At first I attributed it to neon pigments being iffy, but I've seen this version in multiple bottles of DO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, meant to post this comment in response to leavemealona, who mentions that the formula for Dream On has changed.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the heads up! I'm very curious to see these colors in person, especially if they come out in time for the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's OK if I find these displays after the 99 cent sale... I have like 10 polishes to exchange out from the last sale... I bought a lot and kept a lot, but some are just not for me. We'll see what they have tomorrow, and the Fri and Sat. Wags here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love Sinful Colors' options, but am I the only one that finds their formula chalky or a bit too matte after applying? Maybe they're supposed to be that way and I just didn't realize it? I have 4-5 polishes from their line and while I love the colors I hate the finish. Am I alone on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have over 100 SC polishes and don't find this to be the case at all. The only polishes of theirs that consistently dry matte are neons like Summer Peach,24/7 or the original Dream On.

      Delete
  17. G, Peppered Amazon is darker and more of a grass green than Mint Apple. I also got one called Mint Tropics #1443 and Daredevil #1104 from that display. Apparently Daredevil has been around before. Hottie is also in the display and a silver that I don't think is new. That orange/yellow one looks very similar to the orange/yellow from the other new display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, thank you so much, Kelly!! Sounds like I NEED Peppered Amazon! :D

      Delete
  18. Today I went to 2 Walgreens store. No new displays. But I bought a lot of polish. Some I'll keep, some I'll exchange out for when they get the new displays. Never buy full price when you can buy on sale!

    Thanks for the heads up on these displays. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guess I am going to "need" Peppered Amazon as well! What a pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but all Walgreens near me just got in a big shipment of Kleancolor polishes. They are marked at $1.00. One store had them on a shelf, the other in a bin. One of the employees said it was a one time shipment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! This is exciting news!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :)

      Delete
  21. Lively In Lilac is a sheer purple with pink/fushia glitter and purple microglitter. Blue La La is similar to Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue but a bit lighter. The most interesting new shade I've seen so far is Curry Up. It is a pea green color with iridescent shimmer and teeny, tiny specks of violet microglitter...so small I can hardly see it. Very different from any SC polish I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The silver should be out of the world which is an old color. The peach looking color should be mimosa which is a new color. Sigh. There are still more surprises to come when this hits Walgreen's. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The first one is Out of This World, then 24/7, Yellow Spotted, Hottie, Mint Tropics, On the Bright Side (that orange/peach one), Steel My Heart, Peppered Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bought 12 of these today! The blue lala was empty thou. :( want!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I actually have a bring pink color, but it isn't part of the summer collections. Can't recall what it's called. It is my first time trying sinful colors and I have to say that I like them! Very smooth, easy to paint and long lasting. Plus the price tag helps a lot. Will be picking up more colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simmer Down collection is the only summer collection available now for sale in my country! Argentina, but I`m in love of Turn up the heat! :( That shades of nail polish with that micro glittering is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig