Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, January 20, 2014

Spotted: NEW Sinful Colors Mod in Bloom and Oh My Mod! Collections

We've got TWO new mod-themed collections from Sinful Colors now hitting Rite Aid stores! And guess what? One of these collections contains ALL new shades (absolutely zero repromotes). Can you believe it?

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Sinful Colors Mod In Bloom Collection
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.5 oz)

All eight shades in this collection are brand NEW! No repromotes here.  Melisa shared shade info, as well as pics of each bottle with us:

1415 Daisy Daze - creme
1413 Nice Stems - creme
1411 Bright Lucite - creme
1410 Violets are Blue - shimmer
1416 Baby Blues - slight shimmer
1417 Mad About the Hue - creme
1412 Pink Poppys - creme
1414 Cream Soda - creme

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
1415 Daisy Daze - NEW
(creme)

 image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap 
1413 Nice Stems - NEW
(creme)

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
 1411 Bright Lucite - NEW
(creme)

 image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
 1410 Violets are Blue - NEW
(shimmer)

 image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap 
1416 Baby Blues - NEW
(slight shimmer)

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap 
1417 Mad About the Hue - NEW
(creme)

Sidenote: I'm guessing that "Mad About the Hue" is a reference Radiant Orchid (Pantone Color of the Year for 2014).

 image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap 
1412 Pink Poppys - NEW
(creme)

Sidenote: I'm wondering if this misspelling of "poppies" was intentional. Every time I see it I pronounce it in my head as "Pop-iss".

 image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap 
1414 Cream Soda - NEW
(creme)

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

And if that weren't enough, there are some new shades in this second new display now popping up at Rite Aid as well:

image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Sinful Colors Oh My Mod! Collection
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.5 oz)

Emi of Project Swatch posted the above pic on her Instagram and let me share it here with you (Emi spotted this display at her local Rite Aid this week).

Reader Melisa also spotted this display at Rite Aid and shared some shade info and pics with us:

1210 Jolt (blue - limited edition, originally released as a Target-exclusive shade in Spring 2013)
1122 Energetic Red  (red - limited edition - first appeared in the Spring 2012 Wow Pop Collection)
1419 Hip to be Square (periwinkle - NEW)
1418 Chick Chick (yellow - NEW)
1214 Feel the Vibe (orange - NEW?)
1420 Beatnick  (teal - NEW)
851 Boom Boom (fuchsia - permanent)
1421 Go Go Boots - (purple - NEW)


There are four (or possibly five) new shades in this display:

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
1419 Hip to be Square 
NEW

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
1418 Chick Chick 
NEW

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
1214 Feel the Vibe
NEW(?)

As you can see, this shade has a number in the 1200s, but I cannot find a single mention of it on the internet. I'm going to go ahead and call this shade "new" but if you have seen it prior to this collection, please leave a comment below and let us know? Thanks!

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
1420 Beatnick 
NEW

Sidenote: I'm wondering if this misspelling of "beatnik" was intentional. Emi posted a bottle shot of this shade here and "beatnick" is clearly printed on the label. This doesn't make sense unless they were trying to imply something like "We need to BEAT NICK at his own game." But then who's Nick?  And why do we care about beating him? Clearly I'm thinking too deeply about this, but misspellings intrigue me and I always wonder if I'm missing a joke or if the typo is just a typo. In this case, I'm going with "it's just a typo" since this is a mod-themed collection.


image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap
1421 Go Go Boots
NEW

image credit: Melisa for Nouveau Cheap

So there you have it! A whopping 12 NEW SHADES (13 if you count Feel The Vibe) from Sinful Colors, now popping up at Rite Aid stores. Are any of these shades catching your eye? Have you spotted these displays in your area yet?

Thanks so much to Melisa for all of the great pics and shade information. I really appreciate it! And thanks to Emi of Project Swatch for the pic of the Oh My Mod! display!
SHARE:

43 comments

  1. I seen the Oh My Mod collection in Walgreens yesterday! NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these exclusive to Rite Aid only? The nearest store to me is over 300 miles away… :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get them at Target and Walgreen's where I live. Their website has a whole list of places.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors.. Too bad SC polish just doesn't last on me (if it even dries), no matter what I try :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive used sally hansen base coast and the quick dry top coat on SC and it always lasts me at least a week with no chipping! Nails start to grown before they chip actually!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Kimberly that is what I was thinking! I really expect to buy most of these!

      Delete
  5. There is a movie called "The Beatnicks" starring (the utterly gorgeous) Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon on the Walking Dead) maybe it's a reference to it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice stems will be mine. I love pistache and this looks similar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, I love every single color in Mod in Bloom!! Thank goodness their cheap lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Beatnick" could be an intentional misspelling referencing the Beatles. Maybe the Sinful Colors people were thinking of "beat" as music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mad About The Hue and Pink Poppys are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope these come to walgreens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very skeptical about these. The Mod in Bloom collection first six look JUST like the Sugar Rush collection. Way too close for me to justify getting them all. The second collection looks like a bunch of older polishes. Still... The $1 sale needs to be here now! I'm missing so many collections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Lol I think they just change the names and the numbers! Nothing is really "new" haha
      Sugar rush is my favorite

      Delete
  12. So awesome! Thanks for the great write up. I can't wait to get my butt to Rite Aid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Beatnik was a media stereotype of the 1950s to mid-1960s" from Wiki
    many of you are maybe too young to remember this unlike me child of the 50's

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope to spot these. I really want to see the shimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh, I see several of these that I must own. The first collection reminds me of Sugar Rush, but I only got one from that collection. We need a sale to come up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lot of them look like dupes of earlier colors. I may pass on both of these collections :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope to find these soon. However if Walgreens is planning a 99 cent sale soon, they won't surface around here until that sale is done. All the Wags in CNY seem to do that! Don't put the new stuff out til the sale is over. However I am going to begin the hunt at Rite Aid today! Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Bloom collection looks very similar to ones that are already out or have come out previously.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg I want them all, especially the first collection! Some seem dupeable, like Mad About the Hue looks a lot like Tempest or Beverly Hills, hmmm, still... and at least Beatnick from the other collection will definitely be mine. Love me some teal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to see swatches of these! Hopefully someone will do them SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait to see swatches of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Drat, I was hoping for new glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So I found both collections today at Rite Aid. I picked up several and several look really really close to existing colors. I bought Brite Lucite, Hip to be Square, Baby Blues, Nice Stems and Daisy Daze. Blue Lucite looks just like Cinderella, minus the shimmer. It appears to be a creme. Nice Stems look to be not a dupe of anything existing. I was comparing to the existing polishes at the store. Daisy Daze may be close to Unicorn. I am not sure my memory serves me right on this, there was not a Unicorn in the store rack. Any way I think these are close to existing colors but not too close that they aren't worth buying. Oh any by the way, Hip to Be Square looks very similar to Essie Teeny Bikini (but creme) the blues look to be very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lots of nice looking colors! I like that periwinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Mod in Bloom collection! Will look for these next time I'm at the store...Thanks for the great pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. MOD ABOUT YOU and HIP TO BE SQUARE (lilac and blue)... if I see them I might just take them home... if they're on sale. Not many lilacs are in my collection now. Maybe only one, if that. I'm snowed in so my shopping will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw the Mod in Bloom collection at Walgreens but I didn't stop to look at it. I have to go back to pick up most of these. I hope to find the other mod collection too. Definitely need the dark purple.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree Amanda! I want these to show up at Walgreens since I don't have Rite Aid anywhere near me! Sinful Colors why do you keep calling me? Nyuuuu! Hoping this won't be as hard as finding Taupe It Off and Black Cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  29. If there wasn't 8 inches of snow on the ground I would be at Walgreens and buy everyone of these so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I found these displays yesterday. I picked up 8 shades that I wanted. This release had some beautiful colors! I love the new dark teal, I can't wait to us it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yeah that first collection looks like a dead-on dupe for 2013 Sugar Rush. The yellow looks like Unicorn and etc. The names may not be a dupe but the formula might be.... I don't know, I love bright & pastel colors so I am not really complaining; they all make me happy just looking at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I compared the pastels from last year to some of the ones from this new collection and a few definitely look similar. Cream Soda is just a smidge more pink than Orange Cream, Daisy Daze is definitely lighter than Unicorn, Bright Lucite looks a smidge darker than Sugar Rush and has no hidden shimmer, and Baby Blues is slightly more red based than Candy Coated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I compared them today as well. In addition to what you've already mentioned, Bright Lucite looks just like Cinderella without the shimmer, as someone noted previously. Beatnick is near-dupe of Rise and Shine, Hip to Be Square is a dupe or near-dupe of Sail La Vie, Violets are Blue is a dupe for Morning Star, Mad About the Hue is a near-dupe of Tempest, and Nice Stems one of the typical Tiffany blue shades. They could've just rereleased the old shades instead of ones with new names.

      Delete
  33. So I just bought all 15 of the 'new' colors in these displays (passed on Boom Boom)... and there are quite a few dupes- or VERY VERY similar shades- just from what I had in my own stash of Sinfuls.

    This would be exciting for some people (I know I looked for this color foreverrrrrr in blog sales when I missed it from the original collection)- Violets are Blue is pretty much a DEAD on dupe of Morning Star, from the Spring 2012 Sheer Shimmer line. I think to most people they would say they are identical- the shimmer is the exact same. The base color is just the tiniest bit darker in Morning Star if you're looking VERY closely.

    Cream Soda is almost identical to Orange Cream, from last year's Sugar Rush collection. Cream Soda is just a teensy bit more 'pink', but they both have the same shimmer and almost identical colors.

    Baby Blues is almost identical to Candy Coated from last spring's collection- Baby Blues is just a touch 'brighter' but just barely. They both share the same shimmer.

    Chick Chick is almost a dead ringer for Pull Over, in both color and consistency. Both are a bit jelly like. Chick Chick is just a tiny bit brighter in shade than Pull Over.

    Bright Lucite is very similar to Sugar Rush (from last year), but they're not identical. VERY close though. Sugar Rush is a touch darker.

    Similar but not identical- Feel the Vibe is similar to Citrine, but a few shades lighter and oranger. Same 'feel'- if you like Citrine, Feel the Vibe is a must have!

    Beatnick is really beautiful- it caught my attention immediately in person. Definitely one everyone should pick up! It has a very subtle green shimmer throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I need all of these! Going out hunting the rite aids tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Found both collections at Rite Aid and picked up "Violets Are Blue" and "Beatnick".

    ReplyDelete
  36. Is it just me or does 'Nice Stems' look a little like W&W's 'I need a refreshment'?? I can never have too many pastel tealishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just picked up 5 from the first spring collection. Once I got home, I compared Bright Lucite to my bottle of Cinderella, and it looks like its the same blue, but without the shimmer that Cinderella has. I am really in need of an opaque baby pink. Does SC have one thats available?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig