Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Spotted: J.Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paints (OCC Lip Tar Dupes)

I've been hearing some buzz about J.Cat Beauty on social media for the past year or so, but until today I thought that their products were only available online. You can imagine my surprise when reader Christina let me know that she spotted the J.Cat OCC Lip Tar dupes at her local Harmon this week. I had no idea that Harmon sold J.Cat in-store! Christina shared some pics of the display with us, so take a look!

PLEASE NOTE: Harmon and Christmas Tree Shops are both subsidiaries of Bed Bath & Beyond. I do not know if Bed Bath & Beyond and Christmas Tree Shops will also carry J.Cat in store, but it's definitely something to look out for in the future!

image credit: Christina for Nouveau Cheap
J.Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paints
(retail: $4.49 each at Harmon)

More pics and info, after the jump...

image credit: Christina for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Christina for Nouveau Cheap

As with OCC Lip Tars, the Wonder Paints can be mixed and blended for customized shades. And just like OCC Lip Tars, J.Cat suggests on their site that "only a small amount is needed" for big color payoff. 

These retail for $4.99 on the J.Cat site, so you can see that you do get a price break if you can find these at your local Harmon/Bed Bath & Beyond/Christmas Tree Shops since the retail is $4.49.

If you'd like to see some swatches, J.Cat posted pics on their Instagram HERE, HERE, HEREHERE and there's a pic of the entire range here HERE

I have not personally used any J.Cat Beauty products yet, have you? If so, I would love to know what you think of them. I hope that Bed Bath & Beyond stores with an extended beauty department get these soon--I love that this display has testers so I'm looking forward to seeing these in person.

Thanks so much, Christina, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I've been really wanting to try these but have held off due to shipping cost and I like to see colors in person. I don't have a Harmon, but if they come to bbb or cts I definatley will pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have six of these I ordered off eBay. They are very similar to the OCC lip tars. The colors are so pigmented and lovely. Well worth the cost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering if jcat beauty was available anywhere but online! I discovered them a few months ago, and am already a fan. I ordered a few things from them, and I love that they are cheaper than drugstore brands with comparable results. My favorite products that I tried were the flying solo eye shadow (pigmented and lovely colors, and mini applicators and mirrors - so perfect!), and the nail polish. I got four colors from them and love them all (uptown, downtown, shanghai, and Siberian husky). Will probably get more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have two Siberian Huskies at home, I want that just for the name :) cute!

      Delete
  4. Fyi...Harmon will also accept bed bath and beyond 20% off coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't live near a Harmons, but I also didn't know that these existed! I'm so happy, because I wanted to try out something like the OCC lip tars, but I didn't want to splurge so much money on one :S Thank you for this heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually find J Cat at independent beauty supply stores. I have many of the lipsticks, glosses and Wonder Paints. Wonder Paint is not as pigmented as OCC Lip Tar...but close enough for the money. You will find a lot of similarities from NYX in the J Cats line because it was founded by a former NYX employee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! A NYX competitor? Hope they start to branch out to more stores one of these days, would like to see what else they have.

      Delete
  7. I saw these @ Harmon yesterday. The glosses looked very nice but passed. The displays have testers but who knows how long they will last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your website because you introduced me to all this new stuff that I've never heard of or that I have overlooked in the store. Never heard of lip tars before but I might have to look into it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to check these out! Online, though, because here in Arkansas, we only have BB&B. I found a link (definitely not my site, or anything - I was just researching!) with swatches of all of the colors, if it's ok to post that: http://fantabulouscolors.com/image/data/WLP/WLP_Model_3x6.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to Christmas Tree shop this weekend!!! If I see these I am going to buy one to try! It is alway fun to find new products! I had never heard of this brand before now, but totally into trying new things! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just got these last week for $2.99 at a store in Brea mall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, some of those shades! Others look do-able though. But are they drying? I fear they'll show every line and wrinkle on my lips, especially as it gets colder. Never even heard of this brand, no Harmons or CTS here, the BBBs don't have mu, so will probably never see IRL anyway. They sure are aptly named though! Looks like paint, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The green is pretty, but not that bold... maybe someday! Right now the boldest lippie I have in my collection is Covergirl's Fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you live around San Jose. "INVU" AS IT.. @ Great mall milpitas. Next to jolibee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried these, but my sister-in-law had one of their Big Fat lip pencils in red and adored it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig