Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Review: Tony Moly Fruit Princess Gloss in Strawberry

I get lots of requests to review more Asian beauty products, and I'm thrilled to honor those requests since I adore Asian beauty products and I own lots of them! So today I thought I'd share with you my most recent purchase from the popular Korean beauty brand, Tony Moly.

For those of us in the US, you can purchase Tony Moly Fruit Princess Lipglosses at Urban Outfitters for $12 each, as well as places like eBay, Amazon, and sites that specialize in Korean beauty brands (momomango, etc.). I personally found this lipgloss locally at a Korean market, but if you don't have any Korean markets near you, you can definitely get these online, even if you live outside of Korea.  So let's take a look at this little cutie!

Tony Moly Fruit Princess Gloss in Strawberry
(retail: around $12, 0.24 oz)

 photo 007-11.jpg

These glosses are available in seven shades, and since I had the luxury of speaking to a sale associate about them, I can tell you that some of the shades in this range read at colorless on the lips--there are are only two or three in the range that are more opaque/milky, and Strawberry is one of them. 

 photo 009-9.jpg

 photo 039-1.jpg

 photo 028-7.jpg

 photo 012-8.jpg

 photo 034-4.jpg

If you love all things Kawaii, you will love this gloss since it's Kawaii to the max!

 photo 037-3.jpg

 photo 032-5.jpg

 photo 022-5.jpg

 photo 026-7.jpg

Both in the tube and swatched on my hand, this gloss is a milky, peachy-pink. However, it's a different story on my lips:

 photo 043-5.jpg

It still has a milky quality on my lips, but it's definitely pink--no peach undertones at all on my medium-pigmented lips.

For those of you who may be thinking that this is just one of those novelty glosses where more attention is paid toward cute packaging than the actual product inside the packaging, think again. This feels like a higher-end gloss on the lips. It's not sticky in the slightest, and it has a wonderful, creamy texture. It's a thin gloss, but don't let that fool you. The staying power is impressive for a gloss. I can rarely get over an hour from any lipgloss, but I can easily get two or three hours with this one. And the best part is that this gloss leaves a wonderful, soft pink stain behind. I was totally not anticipating that it would stain my lips as it wore off, but that makes me love it even more because I can get more mileage from one application.

In addition to the wonderful texture, I find this gloss to be surprisingly moisturizing. My lips feels so smooth while I'm wearing this gloss, and I still feel a nice level of moisturization hours after it has faded away.

This lipgloss has a very soft strawberry fragrance to it (it actually smells more like a creamy, strawberry milkshake to me), and an equally soft strawberry flavor. Both the fragrance and flavor fade pretty quickly (in about thirty minutes for me).

FINAL VERDICT: Don't underestimate this one. Yes, the packaging is painfully adorable, but the product itself is of high quality and it very much exceeded my expectations. This is not a sticky gloss, and it has some nice pigmentation and staying power. The texture feels lovely on the lips and it's hydrating as well. This one's a win-win-win all the way around and now I find myself wanting the entire collection. Oh my poor wallet!

Are you a Tony Moly fan? Do you own any Fruit Princess Glosses? 

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. LOVE! I only recently started to catch up on your Instagram (I'm not "on" it though) and found out about these lil cuties...thank you! I ordered the peach, along w/ the peach hand cream, and a peach sake bb from another brand (which I love...skinfood I think it's called) and you described its texture perfectly, just that with the peach there is no real colour. Was cherry the only other one with opacity by any chance? I was torn btwn peach, strawberry and mangosteen...peach won, as I was trying not to go overboard $ wise. Ps- I meant to comment about my order on last Wednesdays Q of the wk regarding internet orders, and Urban Outfitters was my most recent, went pretty well considering the mailman brought it to the wrong addy and a nice and honest local brought it to my door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, great review! I know nothing about Korean beauty products so I like that you are incorporating them into your blog posts. The only question I have is why does she have such a distraught look on her face? You'd think being a princess would make you happy! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live near a ton of Korean markets and there's so much makeup to explore, I appreciate the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing

      Delete
    2. Because she is a strawberry, and her mother was in the jam.... lol sorry

      Delete
  5. I don't live near any Asian stores but I love to read about your finds. I hope that maybe I can get to one on vacation in San Diego this summer! G. Are there any near Mission Bay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a HUGE TonyMoly fan. I've had great luck with their skincare. The strawberry gloss is gorgeous! I've eyed the Fruit Princesses for ages, but when they changed the packaging from the adorable little short tubes I sort of lost interest. Weird. (Not really.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are branching out into Asian cosmetics! They're what got me into makeup, and I am a huge fan to this day. Please do more!! :D

    This TonyMoly gloss is so adorable, and I will have to look into getting it. Please give us more recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig