Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Body Lotion

Remember back in the beginning of February when I showed you some of the new-for-2014 products from Suave? The one I was the most excited to try was this new body lotion, and I actually received a sample from Suave not too long after my post (I'll also be reviewing the dry oil and some of the other new products in the near future). Today I'd like to show this new lotion and let you know how it's been working for me...take a look!

Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Body Lotion 
(retail: around $4.49, 18 oz)

This lotion also comes in a smaller size (10 oz) non-pump bottle that retails for around $3.49. 




Looking at the ingredients above, you can see that there's not a whole lot of oils in this formula (they are listed after "fragrance") but that doesn't necessarily mean that this product is not hydrating (for me at least!).


For the record, I have used several body lotions from Suave, and I find most of them to have lighter formulas that deliver some hydration, but not something I'd use for extremely dry areas. I like to think of Suave lotions as my "summertime lotions" since they're not heavy or greasy.

That said, there's something different about this lotion. I'm not sure if it's the combination of ingredients in this particular formula or what, but this lotion hydrates my skin in a way that other Suave lotions do not. It has a thinner consistency like other Suave lotions, but the results are different. I've been applying this product all over my body right after my shower for about three weeks now, and I am absolutely impressed with the results.

I'm not one to let lotions sink in before I put on my clothes (as the kids say, "Ain't nobody got time for that!") and I tend to quickly slather myself with lotion while I'm still in the bathroom after my shower, walk to the bedroom and start putting on my clothes immediately.  The danger in doing this, when it comes lighter lotions, is that your clothing can rub against the lotion and pretty much remove it before it has time to absorb into the skin. What I absolutely love about this lotion is that it starts to sink in immediately and, a full eight hours later, I can touch my skin and it's still very soft and hydrated. I know it's working when the boyfriend constantly comments about how smooth my skin feels.

As for the fragrance, allow me to refer you to my review of the Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner from April 2013, where I describe this Moroccan Infusion fragrance:
Fragrance: I remember reading weheartthis's review on these products a while back and loving that the reviewer, Amanda, said that "If the feeling of cashmere had a smell, this would be it." She totally nailed it. There's a bit of clean musk, there's a bit of "Moroccan spice market" and an underlying sexy-yet-cozy fragrance going on here. The scent does stick around in my hair for the first half of the day, so it's probably not for those who are very sensitive to fragrance. Sidenote: Mr. G goes crazy whenever I use these products--he can't stop sniffing my hair. So be warned! These products can be a bit of a "man magnet."
Yep, that's basically it! If you adore the scent of the Moroccan Infusion shampoo and conditioner, you will love the scent of this lotion--they're identical to my nose and I literally cannot get enough of this fragrance.

FINAL VERDICT: If you generally find Suave body lotions to be a little too light in the hydration department, I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by this one. I have used several Suave body lotions over the years, and this is hands-down my favorite. The formula is thinner (like most Suave body lotions) and very easy to spread on the skin, but don't let that fool you. This product delivers some very nice, lasting hydration. When I change into my PJs at night, my skin is still very soft and hydrated, which is all I could really ask for in a drugstore body lotion. Plus, the fragrance is intoxicating to me, which is a great added bonus. I know it's only March, but I could easily see this lotion making my Cheapie Awards for 2014...that's how much I adore it.

Do you own the Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Body Lotion? If so, I would absolutely love to hear how it's working for you! Please check back soon for my review of the new dry oil that's also part of this line.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. This is great. I am a huge fan of their oils. My hair has never been better and I love the body oil too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Suave lotions being on the thinner side except I find the one for dry/extremely dry skin to be thicker and very hydrating on me (I think it's called Suave Therapy or sumn like that :). Target was out of it when I went a while ago to get that specific one so I bought one of the others and amped it up with some pure argan oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think my brother uses that one (and swears by it)!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this yet, but based on the description, it sounds like it'd be a nice to wear under my Jovan White Musk perfume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be a nice combo! Please keep me posted if you try it! :)

      Delete
  4. Oooo!! I can't wait to find this! I have been casually searching for it with no luck. Im in love with the shampoo scent. I wish they made a body splash, but that is asking too much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I world totally buy this is body mist form! :)

      Delete
  5. How does this compare with the body oil? I have a bit of eczema on my arms and was wondering which (or maybe both) of these low cost wonders would be better? Thanks so much for always helping out us drugstore shoppers. Your blog is seriously THE BEST and the one I look forward to reading everyday the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank YOU for all of the kind words! <3

      I wish I could tell you right now which might be a better match for you, but I'm not done testing the dry oil just yet. I need to use it for the same amount of time as the lotion before I can be confident giving you an answer. I'm sorry! But you can always but the body lotion at CVS, Rite Aid or Walgreens and exchange/return it if doesn't work for you (all three of those retailers accept returns on used beauty products). Hope that helps a bit!

      Delete
  6. I got this last Saturday at my local Wal-Mart and I LOVE it. I've been using spa oil after showering because this winter my skin has taken a beating and drying out, looking patchy in spots. I have the small bottle of lotion in my bathroom and I got a big bottle for work but now I have to hide it because my co-workers are loving it too. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I am SO glad to hear it's working well for you too! :)

      And omg I know what you mean about the coworker thing! Lol!! ;)

      Delete
  7. Oooh, yay! I might have to get this, even though I haven't gotten a non-food-scented lotion in a while! But this one is intriguing... Thank you, G!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I love my gourmand body lotions too, but this is a really nice change of pace, I promise! ;)

      And you are so welcome!

      Delete
  8. Oooh, thanks for the review! I was hoping it would have the same scent as the shampoo. I always think it smells kind of like something from Lush. :D Gonna have to get this for sure now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! And I agree... Suave is really stepping it up with their fragrances lately. I'm going to be reviewing some of the new haircare and let me just say that it all smells amazing!!

      Delete
  9. I haven't used a Suave lotion in quite literally a decade... perhaps it is time to give them another shot, this sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlie, you are way past due! Lol! I think you might just love this one. Please keep me posted if you try it?

      Delete
    2. Definitely past due lol I ended up picking this up tonight! I had a $1.50 off coupon for the 10oz size so I thought why not... can't wait to give it a thorough test run.

      Delete
  10. I'm totally going to try to find this! I love a good body lotion with a pump. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'd love to know what you think when you get it! :)

      Delete
  11. I love my Suave and will remember this for when it is time to pick up something light for summer. We have been so cold and dry in CNY this winter that I am sticking to really thick heavy creams just to keep the itchy's away. On a side note that I saw Suave now has a self tanning lotion and when to the drugstore because I wanted to try it and way it was $8.49!! I passed on it because I think Suave should never ever cost that much! LOL!!!! Thanks for the great review G. I could you some man-magnate scent on me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever tried a Suave lotion, or if I have, it's been a long time. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm intrigued. I'm usually not a fan of their lotions due to how light they feel. I need that deep moisture. I may give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently visited America from the UK and bought the Suave gradual tanner which came with a free sample of this.

    I tried it when I got back to the UK and I'm obsessed! It smells so good, sinks straight in, moisturises well without feeling greasy. But we don't have Suave products in the UK and I can't find anywhere that will ship it either! Gutted :(

    Trying to make my tiny sample last as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i tried this. Its really a good lotion

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig