Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, February 21, 2014

Swatches: Lipstick and Blushes from the Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Dare To Go Nude Collection

NOTE: If you're looking for the Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Dare To Go Nude Collection, check out the interactive sightings map here. Also, to see my swatches of all six of the Color Tattoos from this collection, click here. And for some great reader swatches of the Color Elixirs and other products from this collection, click here.

As promised, here are some swatches of the rest of products that I purchased from the Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Dare To Go Nude Collection (click here for pics of the entire collection).

Let's start with the Master Glaze Blush Stick (there are two shades in this collection--I only bought one):

 Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Master Glaze Blush Stick in Barely Pink
(retail: around $8, 0.24 oz)





This blush stick is very NARS Orgasm-ish. It's a shimmery peachy-coral with just a slight pink undertone (the name is quite fitting). I cannot wear this shade as blush though--it's much too sheer on me for that. It's a gorgeous highlighter, however, and I like to wear it on the tops of my cheekbones, after I apply my regular blush--it pairs beautifully with all of my peachy-coral blushes.

Next up, one of the four limited edition lipsticks from this collection:

 Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Color Sensational Lipstick in Nude Embrace
(retail: around $7, 0.15 oz)





This is a light mauve-y nude creme. I don't have anything like it in my stash so I'm happy to have it but, for me, it will be reserved for very specific looks. It's not an everyday color that I can slap on and go. As it wears down, it tends to look a bit concealer-ish on my lips, and it almost turns into a grayish-lavender shade. Also, I have to be VERY careful to apply a lot of concealer around my lip area before I wear this shade because it brings out every little bit of red in my skin. When I first put it on, it literally looked like I had red lipliner around my lips. I had to remove it, apply a ton of concealer around my mouth and try again, and the result is what you see below:


The color works for me, but I have to cancel out ALL the redness in my skin before it looks right. I think that this shade would be stunning on deeper skintones though, and I have heard from some of you on social media with deeper skintones who absolutely love this shade. So if you're more pale than I am (I'm a MAC NC20), you might find this one a bit too pale for your liking (but maybe not..I'm just weird when it comes it pale lipstick shades). 

Last but not least, we have the one Master Hi-Light Blush in this collection:

 Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Master Hi-Light Blush in Natural
(retail: around $9, 0.30 oz)







For me, it's impossible to gauge what a mosaic-type product is really going to look like on my skin when I see it in the pan. So when I bought this, I was hoping for a champagne color and that's exactly what I got:


This might possibly be the most true champagne-beige highlighter I have ever seen at the drugstore. There is not a stitch of pink to this on my skin, and it's also not a frosty-white-masquerading-as-champagne (don't you hate those?). It's absolutely gorgeous and I've been wearing it like crazy since I got it. The one issue I have with this product is that it's a bit powdery (it could be more finely-milled for my taste) but I can work with that because the color is awesome. If you're looking for a true champagne beige highlighter (not peach, not pink and not white), I think you might love this one.

I hope this post helps give you a better idea of what you might want when you spot this collection in your area! I love all three of these products but I think the blush stick and powder highlighter would be my favorites.

Again, if you're looking or the Dare To Go Nude Collection (click here for pics of the entire collection), check out the interactive sightings map here. Also, to see my swatches of all six of the Color Tattoos from this collection, click here. And for some great reader swatches of the Color Elixirs and other products from this collection, click here.

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. The cream blush & mosaic highlighter look so pretty! Thank you for the swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection cannot get in to my hands any quicker! I am stalking every store in my area. That blush! That hi-lighter! My goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to go shopping now! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Nude Embrace and Ravishing Rose lipsticks and both were matte — did you put gloss over yours or are there two different versions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the hi-lighter in nude and I LOVE IT. The staying power is better than the other two highlighters I own. I may need to go back and pick up "natural."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I have an issue with limited editions...I bought all 4 of the lipsticks, the Maybelline tattoo's, just could not pass that it up with Maybelline having the sale. Also don't know if I should post here or where ever, but I found the Milani Spring 2014 LE Blushes Coming Up Roses, Coral Cove well they all are beaituful. , I had already ordered them. But the display was picked over, so happy I have mine. There are insanely gorgeous! I Missed last year, because they stated 1 release date, I would start searching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the tone on the nude lip. Since my natural lip color is a dark mauve, this might be good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the swatches! I am in love with the Nude Lust color (lipstick) and I like that nude master glaze! Definitely gonna grab that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually picked up the mosaic hi-lighter in deep bronze and I really enjoy it;it has a nice balance of rose gold, bronze and champagne for my NW45 skin. I even like the brush that came with it and THAT'S rare!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig