Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 10, 2014

Reader Swatches: Maybelline Limited Edition Spring 2014 Dare To Go Nude Collection

PLEASE READ:  If you are looking for this collection or have located this collection and would like to help others, please see the interactive sightings map here. Click here to see my swatches of all six of the limited edition Color Tattoos in this collection.  Click here for my swatches of some of the blushes and lipsticks from this collection.

If you missed my post over the weekend, Maybelline has unleashed quite the limited edition collection for Spring 2014. You can click here for pics of all four displays, swatches and information about where these products have been spotted so far.

Due to your feedback, I will definitely make an interactive sightings map so help us track sightings of this collection. In the meantime, several readers have been nice enough to submit swatches of some of the products they've purchased, so I'm putting them altogether in this post, for your reference.

 First up, longtime reader and photo-contributor Fatima (@fatima19880 on Instagram) purchased additional products from this collection and was nice enough to swatch everything she purchased. Here's what she got:

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap
Some products from the Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Dare To Go Nude Collection 

First, here's the Bare It Buff eyeshadow quad:

 image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap
Bare It Buff Eyeshadow Quad

It looks like there are two shimmers and two mattes in this quad.

And here are three of the four lipsticks and one of the six Color Tattoos:

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap

The lipsticks are cremes and the Color Tattoo is a shimmer (all of the Color Tattoos in this collection are shimmers--you can see swatches of additional shades here).

Fatima also purchased all six of the Color Elixirs in this collection:

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap
105 Polished Petal, 110 Radiant Bloom, 115 Sandy Sensation

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap 
120 Gleaming Gold, 125 Charming Cocoa, 130 Almond Allura

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap
105 Polished Petal, 110 Radiant Bloom, 115 Sandy Sensation
 120 Gleaming Gold, 125 Charming Cocoa, 130 Almond Allura

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap
 105 Polished Petal, 110 Radiant Bloom, 115 Sandy Sensation
 120 Gleaming Gold, 125 Charming Cocoa, 130 Almond Allura

Next up, some very helpful info and swatches from reader Cupcakecore.

Cupcakecore writes:

Most of these are cream finishes but one or two have microshimmer that other permanent colors in the line have, none of them were super shimmery.

Polished Petal: cool very light pink (creme)
Charming Cocoa: warm medium brown (possible shimmer)
Radiant Bloom: very light yellow pink creme warmer & brighter than Polished Petal (swatches sheer and very light)
Candy Sensation: golden camel (shimmer)
Gleaming Gold: warm gold shimmer more gold than Candy Sensation
Almond Aura: rich warm brown (creme)

Here are Cupcakecore's swatches of all of the products she purchased:

image credit: Cupcakecore for Nouveau Cheap 
Beige-ing Beauty and Nude Compliment 

Comparisons:

image credit: Cupcakecore for Nouveau Cheap
TOP: Nude Compliment 
BOTTOM: Bad to the Bronze (permanent shade)

image credit: Cupcakecore for Nouveau Cheap
TOP: Beige-ing Beauty 
BOTTOM: Precious Pearl from the Summer 2013 Limited Edition Collection 

image credit: Cupcakecore for Nouveau Cheap
TOP: Color Elixir in Radiant Bloom
BOTTOM: Color Sensational Nude Lipstick in Ravishing Rose

image credit: Cupcakecore for Nouveau Cheap

Next up, reader Nadia purchased all of the shadow quads in this collection and was kind enough to swatch them for us:

 image credit: Nadia for Nouveau Cheap
Clockwise from top left:
115 Bare It Buff, 125 Take It Off, 130 Taupe Tease, 120 Nude Romance

 image credit: Nadia for Nouveau Cheap
Clockwise from top left:
115 Bare It Buff, 125 Take It Off, 130 Taupe Tease, 120 Nude Romance

 image credit: Nadia for Nouveau Cheap
Clockwise from top left:
115 Bare It Buff, 125 Take It Off, 130 Taupe Tease, 120 Nude Romance

Also, I'd like to thank reader T.R. for letting us know that the words "Limited Edition" do not appear on the Color Tattoos (it's usually printed on the safety seal like this). I asked Maybelline on Twitter if these new Color Tattoos are actually permanent as opposed to limited edition, but I haven't received a response yet. If I hear anything, I will certainly let you know ASAP.

Thanks so much, Cupcakecore, Fatima and Nadia, for the pics and swatches. It is much appreciated!
SHARE:

31 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, these look amazing!! I haven't found them here in CA yet ... :( I want so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for these to come my way. The limited edition matte color tattoo's didn't make it to Canada, but I have my fingers crossed for these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want the Nude Embrace lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope those CTs are not LE. I went to my BBnB today and they had just put all the displays out - but right as I was getting to the one with the CTs the store Manager picked up EVERY CT from the display. The absolute worst part though is when I asked her if they'd be putting more out she actually handed me her card with her ebay account name and said she would be selling them on there. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did -what-, oh my gosh... I feel like that's super low and could even be going against the terms of her employment? Okay, maybe not that extreme, but maybe try contacting corporate?

      Delete
    2. It was the worst :( especially because in my area store managers/employees clearing out LE displays and then selling them on ebay is so common. :/ I've ordered LE collections online before & it's the worst feeling when the hand-addressed package is shipped from less than a mile away.

      Delete
    3. That is the worst thing I have ever heard of, and you are probably not the first. I would have called her supervisor. It probably does violate some employment code- buying on the clock,reselling to the stores customers at higher cost...yep, I would give her ebay card to corporate...

      Delete
    4. Not cool! Seems like grounds for disciplinary action.

      Delete
    5. I've been so tempted to give the card to corporate or to call them or something but at the same time if she actually needs the money and isn't just doing it out of greed, I'd feel bad.

      Delete
    6. I agree. If you have her card, find out the corporate number and report her. I guarantee they will not be pleased. I work in retail and most stores would call this a conflict of interest. I actually had to quit a job at one retailer to work at another because they sold some of the same brands of merchandise. So yeah, I'm willing to bet corporate would be all over this chick! Makeup lovers unite!

      Delete
    7. I actually wouldn't be surprised. I visited Harmon's last weekend and they had multiple displays of this new collection.. Everything was well stocked and looked completely untouched (i.e. lipsticks, master glazes, lipglosses, master hi-lighters) EXCEPT the Color Tattoos. There were absolutely none to be found.

      Delete
    8. Gabby, I really think that you should report this woman. It is just unethical. If you get no where at least you know you tried. And let us know how you make out!

      Delete
    9. Agreed. That's just sickening and probably a conflict of interest.

      Delete
  5. That eye shadow quad is so pretty! I haven't tried any of those yet, but I've heard really good reviews. I'm really loving those shades.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I found 4 of the Color tattoos, 4 eyeshadow quads, the 2 blush sticks, the blush/highlighter and 1 of the elixirs!!! I saw the display with all the elixirs but only 1 was unopened :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be so happy if the color tattoos turn out to be permanent because I might actually get a chance to get my hands on them. We never get limited edition collections in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the eyeshadow quad #120 "Nude Compliment" from this collection. I can provide pictures and swathes if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must. Have. Bare it Buff Quad. After seeing these swatches, I am almost drooling here. (Yes, I have no life.) ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. The names of the 4 eyeshadow quads are
    115 Bare it buff
    120 Nude romance
    125 Take it off
    130 Taupe tease

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, the eyeshadow quad #120 is actually "Nude Romance" as Rebecca has stated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't write that to correct you, was just listing for info :-)

      Delete
    2. No worries, I didn't take it that way! After I saw your post I decided to double check what the label said and it was indeed "Nude Romance". I don't know how I typed "Nude Compliment" but I was hungry and starting dinner when I wrote it lol. :)

      Nonetheless, it's such a lovely quad with all 4 shades being nicely pigmented with a buttery soft texture! I've been using it daily since I got it.

      Delete
    3. They are def some if my favorite shadows! Enjoy! :-)

      Delete
  12. It won't let me reply to Gabby but i would definitely try to get her fired. Reading that just made me mad! I can't believe she had cards with her Ebay account on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was her regular business card listing her as the store manager (which is how I realized she was the manager) and then along with her contact info was her ebay store id. :/ But I console myself with the thought that maybe she just really needs the money.

      Delete
    2. That's no reason to be unethical.

      Delete
  13. That quad is absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to get it...along with the Nude Embrace lipstick. I hope that my Wal-Mart gets it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live in Washington and the Fred Myers has all of it! Go NW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gabby

    I've worked in retail and a corporate office of a retail business. Regardless of how much they need money it's an unethical action. The answer to if they will restock is no. Once a store gets a set or several they are done. However, I would contact corporate because they might be able to find a set for you AND order what you want directly.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig