Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 17, 2014

Spotted: NEW Rimmel products (cheek tints, chubby lip pencils and more!)

When reader Elizabeth sent over these pics (that you're about to see), I literally let out a squeal at my computer. Long story short, some new, permanent Rimmel products have landed in the US that were previously only available in the UK and no, I'm not talking about the new Eyeshadow Paints or Stay Matte Mousse or Primer--we already covered those!

I actually ordered a few of the products that you're about to see from the ASOS website during their Cyber Monday sale, because I had read some fantastic reviews on some UK beauty blogs and I just needed them. Well I guess I better hurry up and review these products since THEY'RE HERE NOW!  I literally had no idea these products were coming to the US this year, so let me just shut up and show you:

image credit: Elizabeth for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tints
Pop of Pink, Touch of Berry, Peach Flush, Sunkissed Cherry, Apricot Glow
(retail: $2.99 each at Meijer) 

The Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tints are now in the US! What?!?! Yes! Elizabeth found these (and the rest of the products in this post) at her local Meijer this week. Um, don't wait for my review--these are AWESOME and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to grab one. They are super lightweight and bendable and absolutely lovely to work with. They're sheer but can be easily built up for more intensity. Seriously, the one I own has been rocking my world for a few weeks now. And guess what? The UK only has two shades, but we have FIVE! The shades Touch of Berry, Peach Flush and Apricot Glow are US-exclusives.

Next up...

image credit: Elizabeth for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Stay Color Rush Intense Colour Balms
(14 shades)
(retail: $4.99 each at Meijer) 

Yep, new chubby lip pencils from Rimmel! These were also only available in the UK up until, well, now! And guess what? I believe the UK only has seven shades, but as you can see, we have 14! I have the red one and I love it (I'll make it a point to review soon).

And last but not least...

image credit: Elizabeth for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette #027
(4 shades)
(retail: unknown) 

For those of you who disliked the tiny pans in the old-style Glam'Eyes palettes, I think you're going to love these new palettes--look how nice and big the pans are (compared to the old style). I don't know about you, but I am loving the colors in these new palettes:

 image credit: Elizabeth for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette #028

 image credit: Elizabeth for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette #029

image credit: Elizabeth for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette #030

Look at that taupe! The UK also has four palettes, but their shades are a bit different than ours.

Oh, and the Kate Moss Salon Pro nail polishes have FINALLY landed at CVS  (the ones I blogged about way back in Feb. 2013--watch the video here). I thought these would never get here, but  Emi of Project Swatch spotted them in the permanent display at her CVS last week. The Salon Pro polishes are permanent and are taking the place of the Lasting Finish Pro polishes, which have been discontinued. 

Have you spotted these new Rimmel products in your area yet? Are you as excited as I am about these products finally being available in America?

Thanks so very much, Elizabeth, for the great news and photos. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

42 comments

  1. So want to try those blushes! The price is a steal too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! But just a warning... the tubes are really small... like the size of an eyeshadow primer. But you only need a tiny amount, so it's still a great deal. :)

      Delete
  2. If you say the blushes are awesome, then I'm going to take your word for it and look for these ASAP at my Meijer. With names like "Sunkissed Cherry" (!) and "Apricot Glow" these have to be beautiful. Also, my jaw just about dropped at the price! $2.99?!? I'm buying every color! Thank you so much for this info! I'm excited to find these! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are so nice, Carol! I think you're going to love them! :)

      Delete
  3. I just got the Apricot Glow blush and the 5-shade shadow in "Brick Lane" (the first picture) from Influenster and I love them. Really wonderful quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The drugstore has been coming out with great products so far in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Im excited for this! definitely need the blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to try these! I was getting envious of the all UK products because I'm watching too many beauty you-tubers from the UK lol. Now,if only we could get Bourjois here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urban Outfitters, drugstore.com and ASOS. com all sell Bourjois online. :)

      Delete
  7. They also have a new Matte BB cream! I picked one up along with the chubby lip pencils at Walmart today :) I might have to go back for those blushes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I need to find that BB cream!! :)

      Delete
    2. I just went on the Rimmel UK site looking for more info about a Stay Matte BB cream and couldn't find anything. Could you tell me more about the one you spotted? Thanks!!

      Delete
    3. The consistency isn't as thick as the "original" BB cream, but they do have a similar scent. The matte bb cream has SPF 15, and I also noticed it has salicylic acid and witch hazel listed in the ingredients. I don't remember how many shades there were available, but knowing Rimmel I'm sure it wasn't a broad range. I sent pictures of the light and medium shades I picked up yesterday to your email :)

      Delete
  8. It looks like the Colour Balm sticks might be good. I love 220 and 300.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im almost 100% positive that my local Wegmans (grocery store chain) in VA has had these, as well as the wake me up concealers (in the pic beside the blushes) for at least the last 2 years. Funny that i love the concealer, & that only the 1 Wegmans had them, no other ones in my area did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cheek tints are a must buy for me. Rimmel's new products have been looking so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cheek tints are a must buy for me! Loving Rimmels new products.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2.99 for cream blushes? ????!!! Sign me up! Will be stalking all known Rimmel carriers for these!! I may try them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooooh, that #028 eyeshadow palette is so pretty! I think I'll give Apricot Glow a try as well. I have finally gotten on the non-powder blush band wagon with cream blush sticks lately (NYX and Maybelling Master Glaze) and really like them. Thanks for the 411, G!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am pretty excited about those blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg I need those balms! I am on a look out for those babies now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are those the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealers that all UK beauty enthusiasts love next to the blush tints? I can't tell if that's a foundation or concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice that! Let me check the original pic that Elizabeth sent and get back to you. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I was wondering the same thing! The Wake Me Up Concealers are on the US Rimmel page: http://us.rimmellondon.com/products/wake-me-up-concealer

      I also saw a product I've never seen before, Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch: http://us.rimmellondon.com/products/wake-me-up-instant-radiance-shimmer-touch . Possible dupe for the Revlon Skinlights?

      Delete
    3. OK ladies, I obviously have a terrible memory! The Wake Me Up Concealers (and also the Instant Radiance Shimmers) have been in stores since June. I actually did a post about them HERE:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/06/spotted-new-rimmel-wake-me-up-natural.html

      I cannot believe I forgot about that! I guess because I haven't yet seen them in my area, they seemed new to me. Ha! Anyway, there are five shades in the concealer range (see the link Cassie included in her comment).

      Thanks again for the info and sorry I didn't remember that sooner! Ugh!

      Delete
    4. Wow! They sure are taking their sweet time making the rounds! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't found them in store yet (who knows how long it'll take for us to get the cheek tints)! Thanks for the info!

      Delete
    5. You're so welcome! Hopefully we'll BOTH find them soon! :)

      Delete
  17. Those palettes are gorgeous--I want them all. And the price point on the cheek tints is perfect! I can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are the pencil balms also a stain? Love all those shade options!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have you tried doubling up the cheek tint as a lip stain? I usually like doing that with most of my makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  20. More temptation. I love the blushes and the lip crayons. I have more lip crayons than I'll ever need but I still see a couple colors I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to check out the chubby lip balms. I wonder how they compare to the new Revlon ones? I agree the new eyeshadow packaging in way better than the older flag skinny strips; even though the flag looked cute. I don't wear blush, but am wondering since they are stains could they double for lip stain?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its odd how they release the Wake Me Up concealers but not the Wake Me Up Foundation...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I might have to purchase all of the new glam eyes palettes! You are totally right about the layout of the old ones. They're a PITA to work with but the pigmentation is awesome thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm interested in those blushes but sad to hear that the lasting finish pro nail polish line is getting discontinued. They didn't have many shades but the formula and brush was fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  25. Been looking around for the cheek tints around here, no luck so far yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. I found the Kate Moss polishes at a local Walmart. I didn't even remember that you'd blogged about them! I bought a beautiful peach/cantaloupe shade. I'm wearing it now and it appears to be pretty darn close to Nars' new Wind Dancer nail polish for spring 2014, both in color and finish - semisheer beautiful, well, cantaloupe. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have this weird affinity for chubby lip crayons--I want them all! I already have more than enough, of course. But maybe when I get some CVS Extra Bucks...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig