Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Swatches & First Impressions: NEW Wet n Wild Coloricon 8-Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Poster Child

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, then you might have seen the sneak-peek photo I shared yesterday of the Wet n Wild 2014 products I just received for review (the ones I first posted about here and here). I know that there's a lot of excitement surrounding these releases (believe me, I'm just as excited as you are!) so I'm working as quickly as possible to post photos and swatches of everything! Instead of traditional reviews (which take me weeks of testing to write), I'm opting to share with you "Swatches and First Impressions" of the new Wet n Wild goodies, in an effort to save time.

All of these new products for 2014 are PERMANENT (not limited edition). So I will not be creating interactive sightings maps for these new releases, since they'll be available everywhere, eventually. They're already starting to pop up at Harmon, Bed Bath & Beyond and Christmas Tree Shops across the nation, so keep your eyes peeled!

So let's take a look at the newest addition to the Coloricon 8-pan family:

 NEW Wet n Wild Coloricon 8-Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Poster Child
(retail: $4.99, 0.3 oz)




Let's start with the left side of the palette:




As you can see, these shades all work much better over primer. The first pink on the left is the only true matte in this palette--the other shades are either satins, shimmers or mattes with sparkle. I like that Wet n Wild has given us both a warm and cool pink here, but if it were up to me, I probably would have skipped the black shade (blacks like this seem to be part of just about every 8-pan) and perhaps added a darker, deeper red or berry shade. But anyway, the texture of these shades is good--none are too soft/crumbly and none are too dry/hard. BUT, a few of them are a little chalky/powdery, so expect a bit of fallout when you're picking up color with your brush. My favorite two shades on this side of the palette are the warm pink and the coral (the two middle shades above).

The right side of the palette:




Just like with the left side, the right side of this palette works much better over primer. Again, none of the shadows here have a texture that is too soft/crumbly and with the exception of the blue on the far right in my pic above, none were too dry/hard. That deeper blue shade is a tiny bit dry, so don't let your primer set too much before you apply that one or you might encounter patchy application. Just like with the left side of the palette, a few of these shades kick up some fallout when you're picking up color with your brush, so be prepared for that. My favorites here are the two middle shades above--that lovely seafoam green and cornflower blue. I can't wait to play around and create some eye looks for you with those two shades!

And for those of you who are curious, the Wet n Wild limited edition Coloricon Trio in Army Brat (which came out in Fall of 2013) is NOT identical to the first three shades in the Poster Child 8-pan:

No dupes here. Yes, some shades are similar, but nothing identical.

I can't give you a final verdict on this palette yet since I have not tested it for my usual 2-3 weeks, however I can give you my initial impressions! If you loved the limited edition I Heart Matte palette, I think you will probably love this one too--it's just as colorful and fun, in my opinion. Overall, none of the shades in this palette are very heavy on shimmer or sparkle--most have a soft satin finish with just a bit of sparkle. A few shades are powdery and kick up a bit of fallout when you're picking up color with your brush, but none are too soft/crumbly or dry/hard (with the exception of the dark blue shade, which is a tad dry). I would certainly advise applying eyeshadow primer before you use any of the colors in this palette--on their own they're not pigmented enough if you're big on color (and I'm assuming that if you're drawn to this palette, you ARE big on color!).

Again, this is a permanent (not limited edition) addition to the Coloricon 8-pan range, so you will eventually be able to find it wherever Wet n Wild is sold in your area. I will be sure to post some eye looks with this palette in the future!

What do you think? Are any of these colors jumping out at you? Do you think you'll give this one a shot when it shows up in your area? Please check back for more Wet n Wild 2014 posts, coming up soon!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Gorgeous colors! I do have to agree this palette could have gone w/o the black...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I'm all set when it comes to black shadows from WnW! ;)

      Delete
  2. A Deep Berry/Deep Red shade would have put this palette on a whole new level of excitement for me I have been searching for a Deep red shadow and have yet to find one have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coastal scents has some very deep red singles

      Delete
    2. Thank. You I will have to check it out

      Delete
    3. another trick would be to be a brown with blush. i saw a sales girl with a great red look and asked how she achieved it and she told me that was what she did.

      Delete
    4. the aqua and the coral shades are definitely lustworthy!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty over primer! Which do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Fergie primer for these swatches!

      Delete
  4. The colors are so beautiful! I think that if I were to buy this I wouldn't use it, just look at it! The colors are that pretty to me! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty palette. I do agree with you that some kind of deep berry would have been nicer than the black shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say I'm interested in this at all... :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. meh. I'm not interested in such a variety of such bright colors. Not my thing, but thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you notice the font change, upside down eyelid shade in Spoiled Army Brat and the change in sequence?

    I like this one because I know I'll mix and match it with other palettes. The interest in these shades might pick up in the Spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need this palette! Do you have a review of the primer? I've heard bad things about it, but it clearly makes these eyeshadows look even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That primer is amazing it works better then urban decay primer potion for me

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig